[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

Is there any chance of releasing a KSC++ compatible KSC expansion? It really pains me because I love both mods and I can't do with only one.

KerbinSide is licenced to allow the release of custom instances and KerbinSide's bases use the import features of Kerbal Konstructs now. That means you could release an alternate KSCUpgrades pack you do yourself for just this purpose.

Your users would just go in to KerbinSide, delete the KSCUpgrades pack and install yours.

KerbinSide is licenced to allow the release of custom instances and KerbinSide's bases use the import features of Kerbal Konstructs now. That means you could release an alternate KSCUpgrades pack you do yourself for just this purpose.

Your users would just go in to KerbinSide, delete the KSCUpgrades pack and install yours.

That's....... Actually not a bad idea...

I think I might do that.

it just seems to be a bit old, compared to all the updated rectangular icons and fancy layed out version text, etc.

Eskandare's not had time to update it to DDS textures, is all. It should still work in KSP 1.0.4 under the latest version of Kerbal Konstructs but I haven't tested it in a while. Since it's not optimised, it's a memory footprint hog, hence it's temporarily dropped from KerbinSide All in 1.

KerbinSide Kampus is a supplement for KerbinSide but it can also stand-alone.

Operational hangars, apartments and a business park are added to your KSC. You can utilise these new facilities in a career game through the Inflight Base Boss.

Requires the latest Kerbal Konstructs, which is included.

Plans:

• More facilities.
  • More roads.
  • An extended, working campus and village at KSC.

Awesome!

AlphaAsh -- still having any thoughts on adjusting/removing the lights on the West end of the runway? I'm envisioning quite a few of my returning test flights needing *just* a bit more room past the runway... ;)

Working on that for the next update of Kampus. The new lights weren't quite ready for this one.

Hi there! I have a quick question: is "ground control" supposed to work with remote tech?

See the OP:

Q - RemoteTech support for the tracking stations?

A - See the Other Mods Support section of the OP.

Q - Proper RemoteTech integration?

A - Look, sorry but no. There's some new features coming in KSP v1.1 that I'll integrate into Ground Control. Beyond that, if RemoteTech wants to integrate with what I'm doing, they need to reach out from their end. Pester them instead please.

KerbinSide Kampus is a supplement for KerbinSide but it can also stand-alone.

Operational hangars, apartments and a business park are added to your KSC. You can utilise these new facilities in a career game through the Inflight Base Boss.

Requires the latest Kerbal Konstructs, which is included.

Plans:

• More facilities.
  • More roads.
  • An extended, working campus and village at KSC.

Looks great. With any luck this'll be compatible with KSC++ by the end of the week. I'll also talk to peppie about allowing Remote Tech tracking stations to be enabled/disabled on demand.

Talked to Peppie about Remote Tech integration. I think you guys might want to exchange some PM's on this topic.

Hey Peppie. I've got a bit of a question here regarding Ground Stations (such as KSC's in the default config). See, Kerbal Konstructs adds the ability to unlock launch centers in career mode, and we over on the a Kerbinside thread were discussing if it was possible to only enable these tracking stations (that would be placed at certain launch sites) when they were unlocked. Now, I'm not asking you to write a plugin here, but is it possible with the current version of Remote Tech to enable/disable Ground Stations on demand? Thanks in advance for any answer.

Hi ThatOneBritishGuy,

no it's not possible to enable/disable mission control antennas on demand with our current version, sorry, and i'm not sure if you could add or remove ground stations from our list via a reflection. So, for a feature like that both mods (RemoteTech and Kerbal Konstructs) had to implement this.

@AlphaAsh, I think I got the packs identified for my 'ultra lite' version of Kerbinside for those modded installs that cannae take any more before KSP blows up.

- KerbinSideTexturesPack01.zip

- KSideCfgUpFuelTanks

- ksidehelipadsv1p4

- ksideksc2v1p1

- ksidelaunchpointsv1p2

- ksiderunwaysv1

This basically allows the user to have a global network of airports and helibases without taking up too much memory; the whole selection weighs in at just 29mb uncompressed, as opposed to 220+mb for the complete KerbinSide pack.

* measured from GameData folder

-------

I also want to report a small issue that might merit a simple fix - the navigation tool used by KerbinSide does not disappear with the rest of the UI when F2 is pressed. It has since inadvertently photobombed some of my screenshots.

-------

Finally, would the great AlphaAsh be interested in a walkaround/drivearound review of Kerbinside Kampus? I like the neat and functional look of the Kampus and would love to cover it in my next video, replacing KSC++v3 with the Kampus.

Edited by pandoras kitten

I also want to report a small issue that might merit a simple fix - the navigation tool used by KerbinSide does not disappear with the rest of the UI when F2 is pressed. It has since inadvertently photobombed some of my screenshots.

Yeah I've been scratching my head about how to fix that.

Finally, would the great AlphaAsh be interested in a walkaround/drivearound review of Kerbinside Kampus? I like the neat and functional look of the Kampus and would love to cover it in my next video, replacing KSC++v3 with the Kampus.

Certainly. Two thinks to keep in mind. 1 - I plan to expand Kampus further but it won't be for a few weeks. 2 - TOBG is planning to do an alternative set-up at KSC that will be compatible with KSC++. Keep an eye on that. I'm looking forward to seeing what he does.

- - - Updated - - -

Talked to Peppie about Remote Tech integration. I think you guys might want to exchange some PM's on this topic.

I'll review my position on RemoteTech once I've got the v1.1 features integrated with Ground Control. No promises. Thank you for being an ambassador for this chap.

A quick question about this mod.

How do I disable "Reach space" parameter in KerbinSide Jobs? I'd like these to be just "Take passengers from A to B using your airliner" contracts; I have Tourism Pack for suborbital and orbital stuff.

There's some new contracts coming that don't require suborbital or orbital trips.

Also, any known bugs when KerbinSide is used with OpenGL?

No. And KerbinSide has a large memory foot-print. It makes no difference to how KSP consumes RAM. It's the same as any mod.

@AlphaAsh, I think I got the packs identified for my 'ultra lite' version of Kerbinside for those modded installs that cannae take any more before KSP blows up.

- KerbinSideTexturesPack01.zip

- KSideCfgUpFuelTanks

- ksidehelipadsv1p4

- ksideksc2v1p1

- ksidelaunchpointsv1p2

- ksiderunwaysv1

Had some time to mull this over. KSC2/The Old KSC is going to be getting a stand-alone (re) release in the vein of Kampus. The rest I can put together in a single stand-alone pack, although I want to brand it a little differently from 'lite' or 'essentials'. Something will pop into my head this evening.

Dedicated to pandoras kitten, just cos I can.

Now available on KerbalStuff.

skyways.jpg

Skyways is a supplement for KerbinSide but it can also stand-alone.

Included is a stream-lined set of core assets and bases, providing basic airstrips and helipads scattered across Kerbin, with about a quarter of the RAM foot-print of the complete KerbinSide...

What you get:

• Runways
  • Helipads
  • Control Towers
  • Fuel Tanks
  • Radar Stations
  • Taxiways
  • Hangars
  • And nearly all the airbases and helibases you'd find in the complete KerbinSide, including the multi-launch sites.

Kerbal Konstructs is required and the latest version is included.

Edited by AlphaAsh