[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

(Apologies for the x-post here, but I just posted this over in the Kramax Autopilot thread, and thought perhaps there might be some interest here as well.)

So, now that KerbinSide is working again(more or less), I'm currently in the process of writing flight plans for Kramax for many(maybe all, if I can) of the additional KerbinSide base runways on Kerbin.  So far, I've only just completed the set for Area 110011 - one departure and two approaches(one for each approach direction).  They're not fancy, looping approach patterns like the default ones for KSC, just straight-on, direct approaches(as it is, I have a feeling that some of these runways are going to be particularly tricky to script even direct approaches for, depending on the surrounding topography/runway lengths/etc.).  

I've got a 9-to-5 and a 5-month-old here, so I probably won't be able to crank these out very quickly, as I'm putting them through repetitive small & large craft testing and tweaking and then more testing before I feel comfortable saying that they're reliable/consistent for use.  Maybe one per week, if I'm lucky.  That said, if there's any interest out there, I'd be happy to upload the .cfg file with what I've got so far(and if someone could suggest a good file host that folks are using these days, I'd be most appreciative).  Also, if anyone has any requests for which runway(s) for me to do next, just let me know.  

Thanks and Happy Flying!  (And an EXTRA-SPECIAL thanks to AlphaAsh, for KerbinSide and for making Kerbin's surface SO much more fun and interesting to explore, as well as to Kramer, for Kramax Autopilot and for making takeoffs and landings and navigation in general in my custom Boeing 747-400 clone so much more manageable and less explod-y!)

20 minutes ago, halomx said:

Im having trouble opening extra tracking stations when i click on the dish icon it just disappers  

So what version of KSP are you on, are you using the latest version of KS, with the all the fixes posted above?

DO you have any other mods installed?... Have any screenshots?

DId this just happen once, or does it CONTINUE to happen?

Upload your KSP.log & output_log.txt somewhere on the web, & post links...

7 hours ago, Whovian41110 said:

If I have 8 gigs of RAM will I be good with this?

EDIT: Umm what is this?

KSP can currently only use 4 GB on Windows (Linux it can use however much).  You won't run into any issues with just Kerbinside but with this and a bunch of other mods you might have to do some more advanced stuff to get everything to fit.

7 hours ago, Whovian41110 said:

EDIT: Umm what is this?

Known issue in 1.0.5.  See below:

56 minutes ago, LividPumpkin said:

Does it work in 1.0.5 ?

There's an issue with the colliders which hasn't been officially fixed yet.  There's an unofficial fix but it's slightly complicated to install.

2 hours ago, blowfish said:

KSP can currently only use 4 GB on Windows (Linux it can use however much).  You won't run into any issues with just Kerbinside but with this and a bunch of other mods you might have to do some more advanced stuff to get everything to fit.

Known issue in 1.0.5.  See below:

There's an issue with the colliders which hasn't been officially fixed yet.  There's an unofficial fix but it's slightly complicated to install.

How do I fix that?

On 1/10/2016 at 6:07 AM, TaintedLion said:

Can someone give me a step-by-step guide on how to make this work in 1.0.5, because it's very muddled here?

There have been multiple posts asking, and lots of interest in running this mod in 1.0.5.... "I" havent even used it in 1.0.5 yet, because I havent gotten around to dealing with the extra work of installing "The Fix"... (NOT that "The Fix" is isnt totally appreciated by me... I just havent ad the time to try it yet...)

And now, "The Fix" and "instructions" ar buried in several posts, all thru several pages, a few pages back somewhere...

So yeah, back to the above quote, maybe someone could "condense" everything into ONE post, if it hasnt been done already?... Or maybe with all the asking, maybe its worth making its OWN thread for?

EDIT: ACTUALLY, if someone could do ONE post with explanation and links, AND if @AlphaAsh is agreeable, maybe he could add a link to that one post, in the OP, until a new 1.1 update is released.... It might help keeping the thread from getting further cluttered with all the posts asking the same question over and over, and all the same replies over and over...???

Thanx! :D

Edited by Stone Blue

HOW TO INSTALL ON 1.0.5:

Since everyone's asking for it, here is the way I did it.
Download the version of Kerbal Konstructs from this post here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/94863-104on-hold-kerbal-konstructs-v0950-105-broke-it-i-cant-fix-it/&do=findComment&comment=2329126 

Delete the old version of KK, and replace it with that one.

Now, create a new file in your GameData folder. Name it kerbinside.cfg.

Paste this code into it: 

@STATIC[*]
{
concaveColliders = all
}

That got everything working perfectly for me. Credit for these goes to Thomas P, you could have found all of this info by looking a couple pages back in this thread. 

Edited by ephesix

^^
LOL...Very timely!... Thanx ephesix!

@AlphaAsh , what do you think of adding either a copy of that, or a direct link to that post to the OP? Pretty pleeze?!?... (Because I know "I" will be back searching for that exact post sometime soon... lol)  If you dont feel comfortable doing that, I completely understand... :)

20 hours ago, blowfish said:

What about Mac?

2 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Limited to 4 GB (32 bit) at the moment.

How much speed increase would I see once I get to unleash all 8 gigs of ram?  Would I be able to run clouds and other enhancements without tanking the frame rate?

5 minutes ago, Whovian41110 said:

How much speed increase would I see once I get to unleash all 8 gigs of ram?  Would I be able to run clouds and other enhancements without tanking the frame rate?

You will not see any performance increase from being able to use more RAM (Unity 5 itself may have some performance improvements but I don't really know).  You will just be able to have more content without running into the RAM limit (and crashing).

1 hour ago, blowfish said:

You will not see any performance increase from being able to use more RAM (Unity 5 itself may have some performance improvements but I don't really know).  You will just be able to have more content without running into the RAM limit (and crashing).

Awwww bummer. Oh well

3 hours ago, USER_NAME said:

When I installed the mod, it installed fine but, when I use different runways the space craft is not on the ground, how can it be fixed?

1. Welcome to the forums :D
  2. It's a known issue.  There is a workaround, but it's somewhat complicated.  See this post if you want to attempt it.

• 2 weeks later...

is there any way to create a flight plan from say the regular runway to the one on the north pole or something like that because i have issues finding the runway when i want to land at a different one i wish they would work on the map veiw that way i could target one if thats possible please let me know how to do it 

20 minutes ago, maybach123 said:

is there any way to create a flight plan from say the regular runway to the one on the north pole or something like that because i have issues finding the runway when i want to land at a different one i wish they would work on the map veiw that way i could target one if thats possible please let me know how to do it 

Select the base you want in the base boss and then open the NGS (I forget exactly where these are on the GUI but they aren't too hard to find).  It won't show in the map view but it will point you in the right direction in flight.

19 hours ago, blowfish said:

Select the base you want in the base boss and then open the NGS (I forget exactly where these are on the GUI but they aren't too hard to find).  It won't show in the map view but it will point you in the right direction in flight.

how do i open ngs?