[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

8 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Probably not a bug, but I feel that spawn height for runways needs some tweak. Currently, it's kinda high, and some designs (namely the stock Mallard) tend to explode their landing gear on spawn. This is in 1.1 beta (and it maybe means that new stock small wheel is too fragile).

I'm getting the same issue, so I just replaced the forwards landing gear of the Mallard with a tougher variant.

20 hours ago, biohazard15 said:

Probably not a bug, but I feel that spawn height for runways needs some tweak. Currently, it's kinda high, and some designs (namely the stock Mallard) tend to explode their landing gear on spawn. This is in 1.1 beta (and it maybe means that new stock small wheel is too fragile).

I just spawned at Lushlands, nothing exploded. But my craft did fall an unnecessarily far distance. Maybe a different design would explode.

My PA is very active in my wrists and has pretty much made anything Unity ed modelling related impossible right now, so there's nothing I can do for the moment. I've added it to the 'need to fix' list for when I'm fitter.

Download KerbinSide Complete.

Copy contents of the GameData folder in that zip into the GameData folder of your KSP installation.

Download latest version of Kerbal Konstructs.

Copy contents of the GameData folder in that zip into the GameData folder of your KSP installation, over-writing any files when requested.

Done.

For a huge amount of funds, large (750+) amount of science, and requiring having been there before, can we have Mun, Duna, Eve, Moho, Dres, Eeloo, Tylo, Lathe, Vall, Pol, Minmus, Bop (sure I'm forgetting something) bases? I'd also love a Minmian, Munar, and Dunan rover track. The Minmian one should have a loop because that's a thing we can (probably) do on Minmus. PLEASE!!!

6 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

For a huge amount of funds, large (750+) amount of science, and requiring having been there before, can we have Mun, Duna, Eve, Moho, Dres, Eeloo, Tylo, Lathe, Vall, Pol, Minmus, Bop (sure I'm forgetting something) bases? I'd also love a Minmian, Munar, and Dunan rover track. The Minmian one should have a loop because that's a thing we can (probably) do on Minmus. PLEASE!!!

Learn how to use the editor and DIY.

I believe bases on other bodies do work but AlphaAsh won't support you if it doesn't. Do so at your own risk.

On 3/28/2016 at 0:52 PM, Eskandare said:

BACK!... ish... What did I miss?

I've been optimizing the the models in my spare time. The carrier is being converted into usable craft made up of a few parts along with a couple of cruisers and a couple of patrol boats, this is for 1.1 once it is released (hopefully water is fixed, right now ship hulls are bouncing into orbit). Also, I cleaned up much of the geometry. The buoy is going through a reconstruction as well as parts of Odyssey.

I'm planning out a comprehensive dry dock design with KAS installable cranes for loading cargo (can be mounted to the dry dock). This will be in scale with the carrier.

All in due time.

EDIT:

My concept art for the second ship (the fist is the old carrier).

sBXNBTP.png

dZXJXPe.png

You might appreciate my latest KSP sidetrack from launching rockets.  I made a KAS drill ship, very large using tweak scale and B9 HX parts scaled up to gigantic.  

It works like this:  2 KAS winches one high one low, crewed by kerbal engineers at each station with KAS drill to attach/detach parts.

Top kerbal attaches a port and then an I-Beam to the top KAS winch.

KAS winch lowers it, lower kerbal connects a KAS port to the SIDE of I-Beam pipe section, which needs to be braced by some sort of structure to keep it vertical through resistance for the next part of the operation.

Lower kerbal then attaches lower KAS winch to pipe UNDOCKED mode so it has collision with the drill ship and braces itself on ship structure and stays vertical.  This to keep the pipe from swinging due to the offset COM from the lifting point.

Lower kerbal takes another I-Beam (easiest is to have KIS container with them) attaches it to top of drill pipe vertically with the top end near the top KAS winch.

Kerbal crew at top winch attaches KAS port and winch cable, kerbal below detaches cable and port on side of lower pipe section.

Linked 'drill pipe' is lowered to the lower KAS winch.

KAS port and then winch cable attached to side by lower Kerbal, cable detached from top, KAS port detached from top and reattached to top winch cable, cable raised to position for next attachment, lower kerbal repeats process of attaching I-Beam vertically and it all starts over again.

This is going to take a while to get to the deepest part of Kerbin ocean!  Actually have to wait for 1.1 to have these mods stable as in 1.0.5 i was doing this at like 5fps :P  I made a pipe about 3000m and realized it might take a few redesigns and some streamlining of the process.

It will be done, one of these days!  Probably scrap the B9 HX tweakscale hull as it was buggy as hell in 1.0.5.  This is my bizarre KSP project of late.

Edited by interface

On April 6, 2016 at 4:54 AM, colmo said:

Learn how to use the editor and DIY.

I believe bases on other bodies do work but AlphaAsh won't support you if it doesn't. Do so at your own risk.

Uh, I don't know how to do that. Oh, I remembered what the others were, Gilly and Ike

Edited by Fireheart318
typo

I mean this is just a suggestion and all, but can we have a legacy build center? Not all of us are using the steam version, and by god this is the most infuriating thing when I cannot use 1.0.5 with 1.1 mods. It's USELESS.

Edit:Just found out(While this was being moderated) that if you go to changelogs on spacedock, you can see the older versions. WHO'S GOING TO SEE THAT THOUGH? Like, I'd like a legacy builds tab instead please.

Edited by Missingno200

2 minutes ago, Missingno200 said:

I mean this is just a suggestion and all, but can we have a legacy build center? Not all of us are using the steam version, and by god this is the most infuriating thing when I cannot use 1.0.5 with 1.1 mods. It's USELESS.

Edit:Just found out(While this was being moderated) that if you go to changelogs on spacedock, you can see the older versions. WHO'S GOING TO SEE THAT THOUGH? Like, I'd like a legacy builds tab instead please.

Is this not a question better asked of the Spacedock devs?

Just now, Red Iron Crown said:

Is this not a question better asked of the Spacedock devs?

Sorry... I put the edit there so others would know, but seriously, normally devs upload multiple legacy copies... not in a changelog mind you, more like multiple spacedock posts. Now I don't know how spacedock works myself but it supposedly works very similiar to kerbalstuff and kerbalstuff DID NOT have that feature, so they often did like github or multiple kerbalstuff posts. Also:When you're playing a version much earlier to 1.0.5, who's gonna give you that version? Obviously not spacedock, cuz you'd have to reupload every mod through a lengthy process. Why not just shove it (ALL VERSIONS) into a .zip and ship it as a mediafire download? Now, we all have our opinions, so not trying to cause a flame war here, but let's be logical:Spacedock ruined my old way, so I'm sorry for seeming very cranky. (Also I had a chain of events this morning that made my day worse, soooooooo, I was already logically speaking cranky.) Also, thanks for the suggestion and sorry for what might be just a bunch of ramblings and rants mashed together.

KerbalStuff did have the feature. The decision to archive older versions in to the changelog section is the business of the service kind enough to actually provide an archive in the first place.

I am in no way obligated to make releases of any mod backwards compatible.

Red Iron Crown speaks in an official capacity but I'm also quite happy to tell you that if you post in one of my threads this way again, you'll be on my ignore list and if I could I'd ban you from the thread and from using the mod. No modder has to put up with such a crappy attitude.

Just now, AlphaAsh said:

KerbalStuff did have the feature. The decision to archive older versions in to the changelog section is the business of the service kind enough to actually provide an archive in the first place.

I am in no way obligated to make releases of any mod backwards compatible.

Red Iron Crown speaks in an official capacity but I'm also quite happy to tell you that if you post in one of my threads this way again, you'll be on my ignore list and if I could I'd ban you from the thread and from using the mod. No modder has to put up with such a crappy attitude.

... oh. I wonder why I never realized that. Whatever, I'm talking to one of the staff right now. He suggested a possible drop down thing next to the downloads, and default is newest.

I'm going to be switching hosts for downloads in the near future. This is likely to be a combination of my own webspace and GitHub and will probably take a few days.

Whilst it may reduce the user-base of my mods somewhat, it will hopefully make it easier and more reliable to get hold of what you want when you want it.

17 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

I'm going to be switching hosts for downloads in the near future. This is likely to be a combination of my own webspace and GitHub and will probably take a few days.

Whilst it may reduce the user-base of my mods somewhat, it will hopefully make it easier and more reliable to get hold of what you want when you want it.

Alright :)

v1.6 of Kerbin-Side Jobs (Contract Pack) now available from

http://www.alphastrikegames.com/FileDepot/KerbinSideJobsv1p6.zip

Changelog:

• Contracts for high altitude research above the polar bases now requires some specific experiments being done at a more precise altitude.
  • Added optional parameter to Jeb's International Rescue contracts to inspect the crash site.
  • Added an easier JIR contract for rescuing a single kerbal.

This update of the contracts has not been tested in any version of KSP less than v1.1.

Like all contract packs, you'll need Contract Configurator. It is also highly recommended that you have Kerbin-Side Complete, which requires Kerbal Konstructs. Kerbin-Side Skyways may be missing some bases that are referenced in the contract pack.

Edited by AlphaAsh

33 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

The air race starting gates are broken. I can't drive through them in a hovercraft or fly low. They just blow me up. This is obviously a problem. PLEASE FIX!

The collider problems that came with KSP v1.0.5 have been addressed by a community patch and now by myself in the most recent Kerbal Konstructs for KSP 1.1. You've likely inadvertantly rolled back to an older version of KK. Make sure you have an up-to-date Kerbal Konstructs.

EDIT - I just successfully flew the track at Black Krags. KSP v1.1. No collider issues.

Edited by AlphaAsh

1 hour ago, Fireheart318 said:

The air race starting gates are broken ...

1 hour ago, AlphaAsh said:

EDIT - I just successfully flew the track at Black Krags. KSP v1.1. No collider issues.

On a tangential note, having just discovered this (very cool and well-done mod today), is there any simply way to toggle the air race elements off and leave the rest of the enhancements? They really add a lot of needed "color" and life to the game.

24 minutes ago, LameLefty said:

On a tangential note, having just discovered this (very cool and well-done mod today), is there any simply way to toggle the air race elements off and leave the rest of the enhancements? They really add a lot of needed "color" and life to the game.

If you don't want the Air Race stuff, delete the Air Race folder from the KerbinSide folder in GameData. I don't know of a way you can toggle it in-game though...

49 minutes ago, WPENG730 said:

If you don't want the Air Race stuff, delete the Air Race folder from the KerbinSide folder in GameData. I don't know of a way you can toggle it in-game though...

Yup. Delete the AirRace folder from GameData/KerbinSide. Job done. No more air-race tracks or their components.

I'm feeling noobish for this, but I can't seem to get it to work. I was wondering if there's any known compatibility issues with Steam or with DarkMultiPlayer? I have it installed here: 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData

And I followed the instructions of installing everything in the GameData for KerbalKonstructs and KerbinSide into the GameData folder of KSP.

Appreciate all the help, and the mod you've created. I used before about a year ago and enjoyed it. Keep it up.