[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

Hi all.
First of all I want to thank the modder who made this fantastic piece of software possible. It adds a lot of stuff to the game.

That said I need to ask if I made a mistake in my installation.
I just want to play a career mode with multiple ground control stations (with remote tech), so I installed via CKAN Kerbin Side Ground Control plus some other mods.

Here's my modlist

Spoiler

KSP: 1.1 (Unix) - Unity: 5.2.4f1 - OS: Linux 3.16 Debian 8.3 64bit

USI Tools - 0.7.1

AutomatedScreenshots - 0.7.1.2

Better Science Labs Continued - 0.1.7.1

Chatterer - 0.9.8.1230

Color Coded Canisters - 1.4.3

Colorful Fuel Lines - 0.3.2

Community Resource Pack - 0.5

Connected Living Space - 1.2.0.9

Contract Configurator - 1.10.4

Contract Pack: Clever Sats - 1.0.0.1

Contract Pack: Bases and Stations - 3.2.1

Contract Pack: RemoteTech - 2.0.2

Rover Missions - 0.1.3

Contract Pack: Unmanned Contracts - 0.3.19.1

Contract Reward Modifier - 1.0.2.2

CustomBarnKit - 1.1.7

DMagic Orbital Science - 1.2.3

Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.6.2

Discontinued Parts - 0.3

EVA Struts - 1.0.1

EVA Transfer - 1.0.4

Engine Lighting - 1.4.2

Docking Sounds - 2.1

Firespitter - 7.2.1

Fuel Tanks Plus - 1.8.1

HeatControl - 0.3

Interstellar Fuel Switch - 1.24

RasterPropMonitor - 0.25.1

Kerbal Attachment System - 0.5.6.7

Kerbal Inventory System - 1.2.7.6

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.6.1

Kerbal Engineer Redux - 1.1.0.2

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement - 3.1.5

KerbalKonstructs - 0.9.6

EVAHandrailsPackContinued - 0.2.1.1

Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 6.3

Pilot Assistant - 1.12.5

PlanetShine - 0.2.5

RCS Build Aid - 0.8

RCS Sounds - 5.0

RealPlume - Stock - 0.10.6

RemoteTech - 1.6.11

SCANsat - 1.1.6

ShipManifest - 5.0.9

SpaceY Expanded - 1.1.8

SpaceY Lifters - 1.12.2

Stock Visual Enhancements - 0.6.4

TweakScale - 2.2.7.2

USI Core - 0.2.1

Asteroid Recycling Tech - 0.8.1

USI Exploration Pack - 0.5.1

Freight Transport Tech - 0.5.1

Kolonization Core - 0.2.1

USI-LS - 0.4.2

USI Survivability Pack - 0.5.1

UKS - 0.40.1.1

Universal Storage - 1.1.0.11

Unmanned before Manned - 1.0.8.1

Waypoint Manager - 2.5

Wider Contracts App - 1.3.2

SpaceTux: Shared Assets - 0.3.9

Here's the thing. I can't see the relay posts on the remote tech antenna window (select target option): I just have Mission Control to select.

I have flown to some of the locations and I can see the Giant Facilities, but they seem not to be working.

Did I miss something? Any compatibility issue?

Thanks in advance.

Zeke

PS: Sorry if I wrote something wrong. English is not my mother language and sometimes I find difficult to make me understand. Please point me any error I got. I want to learn. :-)

Edited by ezequielandrush

I finally got the RemoteTech interface working, with GroundStations being added when you open a tracking station and being removed when you close a tracking station.

Two caveats:

• RemoteTech only refreshes the GroundStations after leaving the Tracking Station and returning. Obviously this isn't optimal - instantaneous would be better.
  • The API does not currently allow for ranges to be set or changed so new GroundStations are defaulting to a range of 75Mm. Obviously that's not really optimal either, so-to-speak. I'd rather they start with a much lower range and you have to upgrade them.

Question: Do the Kerbal Konstructs users who use RemoteTech want this now or are you happy to wait to see if RemoteTech continues to extend its API?

6 hours ago, FireFaced said:

@AlphaAsh Do you know of any 64K compatibility configs for KerbinSide?

Unfortunately no. Not publically released. I have seen some evidence of some personal tinkerings in 64K with KK.

As well as original static packs, there's a big 'hole' in the 'market' for base packs, 64K or otherwise, but since merging SPC's work into Kerbin-Side, I've seen very little up-take of that. I've seen a few attempts to convert Kerbin-Side over to 64K but they quickly get abandoned when the realisation that it requires manually placing everything sinks in, or they are confronted with the task of extending KK to do it automatically and realise why I haven't tried. It's hard.

Edited by AlphaAsh

v2.0 of Kerbin-Side Jobs (Contracts Pack) now available. See OP for links.

Changelog:

• Included v0.1 of KerKonConConExt.dll.
  • This extends Contract Configurator to allow contracts to more directly operate on Kerbal Konstructs.
  • Included an example contract that makes use of these extensions - TestFlight110011.cfg.
  • Documentation for using the extensions will be added to the Kerbal Konstructs thread shortly.
  • Many .cfgs renamed but internal names have not, so hopefully CC won't have fits.
  • However, please back up your saves before installing.
  • And you should completely delete the KerbinSideJobs from GameData/ContractPacks before installing. Don't just put this version on top.

10 minutes ago, DespairingSquid said:

Sorry if I'm being stupid but wasn't there an aircraft carrier in this mod? I can't find it(using full/complete version)

Yeah ive had the same question. Was it removed for some reason?

On 23/03/2016 at 1:06 PM, AlphaAsh said:

Water launch sites were a part of a pack by another modder that he has yet to update. It has therefore been excluded from recent releases, since the textures are RAM heavy and need optimising.

2 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

I know.

oh, ok, is there any way to close it manually, without getting the refunds? If there isn't I don't mind I'll just alt-f12d, I like what you've done with the constructs  I'm just trying to get the most out of them :)

I've always struggled with getting persistency to work in mods for KSP. The database (persistent.sfs) is tricky.

You can't close stations without getting the refund, no.

Edited by AlphaAsh

5 hours ago, AlphaAsh said:

Paging @Eskandare. It's released in this thread and then rolled in to Kerbin-Side Complete.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeees? You called? 

Oh, you guys just wait, I have a really cool water launch in development for Top Secret! and I rebuilt the Buoy.

13 hours ago, AlphaAsh said:

v2.0 of Kerbin-Side Jobs (Contracts Pack) now available. See OP for links.

Changelog:

• Included v0.1 of KerKonConConExt.dll.
  • This extends Contract Configurator to allow contracts to more directly operate on Kerbal Konstructs.
  • Included an example contract that makes use of these extensions - TestFlight110011.cfg.
  • Documentation for using the extensions will be added to the Kerbal Konstructs thread shortly.
  • Many .cfgs renamed but internal names have not, so hopefully CC won't have fits.
  • However, please back up your saves before installing.
  • And you should completely delete the KerbinSideJobs from GameData/ContractPacks before installing. Don't just put this version on top.

Gasp! Does this mean ---- opening bases by first *reaching them* ??? :D:D:D 

7 hours ago, Beetlecat said:

Gasp! Does this mean ---- opening bases by first *reaching them* ??? :D:D:D 

There's a setting in Kerbal Konstructs already for that. Has been for a while. In the Space Center scene, hit the KK button, drool over the possible feature preview then click the Mod Settings button. The option is in there.

Kerbin-Side needs Kerbal Konstructs. Download and install that too.

On 11/06/2014 at 6:50 PM, AlphaAsh said:

ksidebanner.jpg

Want some new bases on Kerbin?

First, backup GameData and saves. You know the drill. Then go look at the downloads and get what you want.

DEPENDENCIES
All Kerbin-Side Packs require Kerbal Konstructs,which you must download and install separately!