[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

So I've been busy on some new art for Kerbin-Side. Testing collision meshes and I forgot that the collision mesh on an object isn't applied on the last object set when using KerbTown.

irony.png

I've got a tower in the middle of KSPs runway. I'm not sure I installed this stuff right. Most of those DLs don't come with instructions. Also have no idea how to spawn at the other launch sites.

Would it be possible to add a launch point on Insular Airfield? That would be pretty awesome. Also, is it just me or does Ice Station Zebedee sound like something from a racing game?

Could you please link to the exact post for Lack's KSC?

Page 208 and then the second post doesn't work when all I get in that thread is 54 pages, as I've changed the post-count per page setting.

Would it be possible to add a launch point on Insular Airfield? That would be pretty awesome. Also, is it just me or does Ice Station Zebedee sound like something from a racing game?

By Insular Airfield I'm guessing you mean the island airstrip near KSC? Yes, I can do that.

Ice Station Zebedee is just a play on words. I replaced Zebra with the name of a character from The Magic Roundabout. Google it :)

Is this compatible with RemoteTech2 as in I can use them as control centres?

No idea. If/when I have time, I'll see. Somehow I doubt it though. I suspect 'control centres' are hard-coded in RemoteTech2.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Please put a base on Laythe! Haha

I'm wary of putting bases off of Kerbin. Maybe in a later version if I can fork KerbTown to allow 'founding' of a base, then the player will be able to do that.

Could you please link to the exact post for Lack's KSC?

Page 208 and then the second post doesn't work when all I get in that thread is 54 pages, as I've changed the post-count per page setting.

No prob chap. Here's the actual download link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/39086055/LacksKerbalSpaceCentre%2B%2B%20(1).zip

Edited by AlphaAsh

No idea. If/when I have time, I'll see. Somehow I doubt it though. I suspect 'control centres' are hard-coded in RemoteTech2.

Having a look at RemoteTech_Settings.cfg it seems you add STATION nodes in the GroundStations node. The location of a station is Latitude = ... Longitude = ... So the best way to find them out would be to put a ship where you want them and use mechjeb or engineer to get the data and add them to the file. Should be relatively simple. The only problem is the like AlphaAsh says the location is hard coded and the file made when you first start, hopefully there is a check for if the settings file is already there. Will do some tests.

Well did a simple test and starting a game with remote tech then quit and edit the RemoteTech_Settings.cfg by adding the following node after the first STATION node

STATION

{

Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc489

Name = KC East

Latitude = -5.790278000000000

Longitude = -83.406667000000

Height = 23

Body = 1

Antennas

{

ANTENNA

{

Omni = 7.5E+07

}

}

}

Then started it up again and there is a com station at the Kerbin City communications mast...

Edited by redteddy23

Well did a simple test and starting a game with remote tech then quit and edit the RemoteTech_Settings.cfg by adding the following node after the first STATION node... ...Then started it up again and there is a com station at the Kerbin City communications mast...

Great catch chap. Fancy a job? I can always include your RT2 config in the next version.

Great catch chap. Fancy a job? I can always include your RT2 config in the next version.

No probs glad to help. I didn't do more stations as I thought you might still want to alter the locations.

This is something I wanted to do a while back with a group of friends but we never managed to get past the 'Avengers, Assemble!' stage of doing it.

I have a map however, of some hundred or so hand-picked locations across kerbin to simulate cities, towns, and villages. Each location was picked based on criteria roughly along the lines of 'where would real people pick to live?' that looked at bays, rivers, and various other things I can't remember now.

The idea was I wanted to put together an economy mod that would give the player the ability to make money by providing services to these towns/cities/villages. The first concept of providing such services being communications links via remote-tech 2. (The player would have to deploy commlink devices to each town/city, and the 'scoring' or 'earnings' would be calculated based on how many towns interlinked. And the scoring would only count if there actually IS a link device landed and deployed INSIDE the community limits.)

Of course, my coder can't code on his frankentop (which is slowly dying), and my modeler can't model because he can't get his hands on the right software. So I'm left with our hand-picked city map as the only product. The village, town, and city models were going to be very simple affairs. Just enough to give a player landmarks to fly/drive to in KSP.

Perhaps you'd like the map? I like to just fly around in aircraft sometimes, but without valid destinations... Well, it's kind of boring and I'm not a fan of setting down delicate planes on rolling hills.

Also, I noticed you mention in the known issues that some runways are made from squishing two airstrips together. Do you use kerbin city's International Airport runway at all? I'm thinking you could pull that int-airport structure up and use it for major airports all over the place. It's design is nice.

Also 2, I suggest looking up the PAPI mod. That would go well with this one, especially if you start expanding the airport count.

Is it possible to get this pack without the towers? They look a bit out of place.

Most of the mod dependencies will be gone in the next version since I'm finally making progress on making my own stuff for Kerbin-Side. Lack's KSC++ will be staying but the towers by Justin and Devo will be replaced.

...Awesome stuff...

KerbCity has merged all their individual assets in to two models so unfortunately re-using the airport isn't doable. Doesn't matter, I have more than enough runways for the next version.

And I'd be more than happy to take a look at your map and see if it can be included. PM me.

Hey, this mod is really awesome, and it's especially useful to have all those runways in case of a problem with landing the KSO.

But, however, not all the locations show up in the KerbTown menu.

For landing, though, it serves its purpose well.

But, however, not all the locations show up in the KerbTown menu.

Some of the bases on the map in the OP haven't been released yet. I always have more bases in development. And there'll be more than what's on the map in later releases as well.