[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

Notices updated in OP. My contract is over which means I have more time for KSP when I'm not looking for more work. However, my focus is currently on Kerbal Konstructs. Check out Notices in OP for a little more about that.

Yes, I do use 64 bit version of Windows 8. I also see in the 'known issues' section that the Firespitter plugin may be uncompatible. I have the plugin that comes with B9 Aerospace. Ill see what I can do.

Thanks for the help! :)

Great mod!!

Out of curiosity, why does the water structures(the one that are in a folder) are way heavier than the land structures?

I mean, for the runway and helipad my game work fine but when I try to take-off from the carrier, my game lag(and crash if I have all the water structures).

I used a single UV mapped mesh. However, i may be able to fix it using a script AlphaAsh mentioned earlier in this thread.

I'm going to be adding the hanger deck and aircraft lifts.

Flight deck lights are getting reworked.

So, i'd like to know if i will be able to use this mod without any problems given my present mods list:

primary:

AVC

Astronomer's pack (graphics, visual enhancement)

MechJEB

Remotetech

FAR RasterPropMonitor

Deadly Reentry

Interstellar (more parts in late-game)

SCANsat

DMagic Orbital Science

USI Kolonization Systems (planetary colonies and space stations parts)

BoxSat (parts for satellites and probes)

B9 Aerospace (parts for planes)

Interstellar (LATE game parts)

Fine Print (even more contracts)

secondary:

Final Frontier

Hullcam VDS

ScienceAlert

[x] Science!

version 0.39.1 of All of It In 1 is now available. Find links in the OP.

Changelog:

• Included latest version of Kerbal Konstructs (v0.5).
  • This introduces stage 1 of a base management strategy layer to career mode.
  • All of KerbinSide's base configurations have been updated to take advantage of this.
  • If you don't want to pay funds to open bases in career mode, open KerbalKonstructs.cfg and set disableCareerStrategyLayer = True

version 0.39.1 of All of It In 1 is now available. Find links in the OP.

Changelog:

• Included latest version of Kerbal Konstructs (v0.5).
  • This introduces stage 1 of a base management strategy layer to career mode.
  • All of KerbinSide's base configurations have been updated to take advantage of this.
  • If you don't want to pay funds to open bases in career mode, open KerbalKonstructs.cfg and set disableCareerStrategyLayer = True

what about RemoteTech 2 support?

What is the best way to incorporate the new items into a game / save where modifications have been made?

Any best practice / method suggested, or just tear it apart piece by piece and make individual modifications so not to lose any previous mods..?

Read OP :P

yes im aware you can edit the Remotetech.cfg file, ive done this before and its not stable. It increases the rate of the game crashing 300% . I was hoping for actual hard coded support by the developer of this mod. I guess Im asking for too much :/

yes im aware you can edit the Remotetech.cfg file, ive done this before and its not stable...

Then the issue is with RemoteTech and you should drop by that thread and let the devs know. There's no need for hard-code in KerbinSide or KK.

What is the best way to incorporate the new items into a game / save where modifications have been made?

Any best practice / method suggested, or just tear it apart piece by piece and make individual modifications so not to lose any previous mods..?

Do you mean merging instances from bases you made yourself chap? Back up the config files, install the new content, then copy and append any instances from the backed up configs to the new configs that aren't in them.

Edited by AlphaAsh

It goes off the screen... ;.;

What does? The launch selector? This is a known issue with Kerbal Konstructs on low resolutions and true of a lot of mods that need a large GUI interface. KSP's GUI in general doesn't scale particularly well. I'll see what I can do in KK.

Is this compatible with StarSystems?

Fairly certain StarSystems doesn't rescale planets and fairly certain co-ords are fixed relative to a planetoid so I'd a hazard a yes. medsouz should be able to give you a more definitive answer. He lurks but you can always ask in the StarSystems thread.

Edited by AlphaAsh

He lurks

:wink:

Is this compatible with StarSystems?

From what I've seen everything seems to work except for launch sites. When launching from a custom site there is a chance or falling through the runway or spawning really high above the site.

So, i'd like to know if i will be able to use this mod without any problems given my present mods list:

primary:

AVC

Astronomer's pack (graphics, visual enhancement)

MechJEB

Remotetech

FAR RasterPropMonitor

Deadly Reentry

Interstellar (more parts in late-game)

SCANsat

DMagic Orbital Science

USI Kolonization Systems (planetary colonies and space stations parts)

BoxSat (parts for satellites and probes)

B9 Aerospace (parts for planes)

Interstellar (LATE game parts)

Fine Print (even more contracts)

secondary:

Final Frontier

Hullcam VDS

ScienceAlert

[x] Science!

Should be fine

I can't even start the game without crashing. Removing this mods fixes everything.. what could have gone wrong? I modified the Remotetech file to support this mod, i rechanged it to default but that wans't the problem. Maybe EVE and Astronomer's pack conflicting with this? I really want this to work.

I can't even start the game without crashing. Removing this mods fixes everything.. what could have gone wrong? I modified the Remotetech file to support this mod, i rechanged it to default but that wans't the problem. Maybe EVE and Astronomer's pack conflicting with this? I really want this to work.

Maybe you're using too much RAM?

Unfortunately, I have a bug to report: when I start a launch from one of the location provided in this mod, everything work fine.

However, when I go from a location to another, nothing is loaded when i arrive at a location where there should be something.

In exemple, I flew from the old KSC to the "standar" one(30 min trip) but the hangars that should be next to the runway weren't there :-(

Is it a known issue?

If it is, sorry for reposting it, I made a quick search in this forum but found nothing about this bug.

If it's needed, I can provide the log right after I recovered the plane that landed on the KSC and screenshots of the missing hangars.

Just tell me where to put them and it will be done :-)

Edited by goldenpeach

I just flew a test flight from KSC to Jeb's Island Retreat, grabbing a contract waypoint at 13km high on the way. Whilst I did see some popping in and out of the assets on the island (which is to be expected with the constant chages in range to the assets), when I dropped down and did a fly-over of the island, everything was visible as it should be. Turned my plane to make my approach to the runway and touched down without incident.

I'll keep looking at this issue, but with only one report and consistent reliability like I describe above as I continue to test KerbinSide and KK, if I can't reproduce an issue I'm left with only the usual recourse, giving the usual advice: delete Kerbinside and the medsouz directory. Check you haven't got a Hubs directory - if you have, delete it. Re-install the latest KerbinSide All of it In 1 (0.39.1). Make sure everything in the GameData folder of the zip goes in the same place of your GameData folder of KSP.