[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

A couple of suggestions for Kampus, which is entertaining and very compact.

My current active project is an art-pass on all of the Kampus assets, which does include some improvements to the verged roads.

Can't wait to get some playtime with the latest KK and KS. Are there any screenshots of Kampus out there to whet my appetite some more?

There's an Imgur album in the information tab of the KerbalStuff download.

Can't wait to get some playtime with the latest KK and KS. Are there any screenshots of Kampus out there to whet my appetite some more?

Here is the housing estate for all your loyal office workers (You can open the business park and it generates money!)

Z0r4fMA.jpg

And here's one of the main streets.

Wu63NHN.jpg

Today I also tried the multi storey carpark. My Morgan Three Wheeler will not fit into the parking spots for compact cars :)

SUXTVP7.jpg

I think the Imgur album is a bit old, don't see any KSC extras there. Thanks PK, it all looks very suburban! Not a biggie, I'll get to it soon.

Kampus is a re-release of the KerbinSide extension to the KSC, with some changes to the layout. There's only a couple of 'new' assets. There's some new ones coming - this approach to releases doesn't just make things easier for players to pick and choose what content they want, it also makes it easier for me to organise where I put my creative energies.

Kampus is a re-release of the KerbinSide extension to the KSC, with some changes to the layout. There's only a couple of 'new' assets. There's some new ones coming - this approach to releases doesn't just make things easier for players to pick and choose what content they want, it also makes it easier for me to organise where I put my creative energies.

Kerbinside is like many of the mods that get to the point where they're so big the author has to start splitting them up to make them manageable. A victim of your own success!

What's next after new facilities are complete? I recall there was the contiguous node-attached statics system, for seamless roads and railways, but you were pretty burnt out around the time that was last mentioned!

Kerbinside is like many of the mods that get to the point where they're so big the author has to start splitting them up to make them manageable. A victim of your own success!

Pretty much this yep.

What's next after new facilities are complete? I recall there was the contiguous node-attached statics system, for seamless roads and railways, but you were pretty burnt out around the time that was last mentioned!

That's on the back-burner for now. PQS system just doesn't do well with accurate point connections the way it does with parts.

Notepad++ dump, in no particular order of what I may or may not be doing.

- Wider runways

- Landing guidance

- Landing lights at KSC with a gap down the middle

- Contracts without suborbital or orbital requirements

- Operational fuel tanks for custom resources

- Operational facilities in Sandbox mode

- Supplement - Area 110011

- Supplement - Arakebo

- Facilities at other bases

- More bases

- Base founding

- Settings for remote control of probes with/without connections to a tracking station/crewed craft

- Integration of v1.1 comms into Ground Control

- Mining and refining facilities

- Facility supply

- Facility experience

- Facility upgrades

- VAB/SPH craft construction facilities

- More tracks for Air-Race

- Air-Race sub-game with contracts and records and leagues etc.

I will be waiting expectantly for the base founding module and moar facility management options! I think it would be fun to be able to transport workers / base staff from one base to another via a transport hub located at the base site. Make it spawn generic office workers that can be walked about and loaded on vehicles like normal kerbals with no experience or skills. This way we have both an opportunity to have paid commercial flight contracts for Skyways, and a source of cheap crew for the space Program as well. Albeit, them being nameless office workers with no astronaut skills to speak of!

Some kind of bus shelter to transport unassigned labor would be amusing.

It would also be fun to be able to found bases by transporting to the site a cargo container outfitted like the Top Gear production office. It should fit in a standard Mk3 bay and since we don't have a lot of room, mayhaps it should be one of the half or quarter sized containers they have in real life.

KerbinSide Kampus v1.1.1 is now available from KerbalStuff.

IMPORTANT: Before installing this update please make sure you delete the following sub-folder and its contents - GameData/KerbinSide/MainBases/KSCUpgrades. You may then install this update on top of your KerbinSide install as usual.

If you do not delete the subfolder first then any removal/replacement of old assets in this update won't be applied and your Kampus will have old assets merged in with new. It'll look very silly.

Changelog:

• Improved verges.
  • Improved road textures.
  • Updated a number of the static assets.
  • Made verge texturing consistent.
  • Added road-humps to reduce collider seams/gaps/bumps where some roads connect. Slow down. Or don't.
  • Added a new car park behind one of the office blocks.
  • Added corner signs and walls to a number of bends.
  • Fixed Z tearing on top of shipping containers.
  • Added another security checkpoint. Chompy gates are comedy gold.
  • More streetlights.
  • Changed the road layout slightly to improve access to apartment blocks.
  • Moved the helipad on to the correct roof-top.

Edited by AlphaAsh

Kerbin-SideJobs v1.5 now available from KerbalStuff.

Changelog:

• Added some contracts that do not require a visit to space.
  • These are offered by a new agency, KSP Kommercial.
  • Tweaked some parameter titles to make them shorter.
  • Re-organised contract groups.
  • Please note all contracts have tech requirements and most have rep requirements. If contracts aren't showing up, you haven't met the requirements and/or RNG hates you.
  • This contract pack is best served with KerbinSide Complete. Visiting bases that don't exist is daft.

kspkommercial.png

Edited by AlphaAsh

EVA the crew. You can't hangar a craft with crew in it.

Thanks. I definitely didn't forget to check this thread for ages which is why this is so late.

- - - Updated - - -

Operational facilities other than fuel tanks aren't supported in Sandbox mode. At the moment, anyway. Hangars is about the only other one that might be useful in Sandbox mode, so I'll add it to the todo list.

That'll be another reason why it wasn't working.

@AA

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It's very thoughtful of you to provide parking spaces behind the office buildings. I just realized the church craft created by the Church of Moar Booster parody KSP facebook group, fit perfectly into one of the parking spots.

We had Sunday Mass (video) in the Kampus :)

lol Brilliant. The way KSP's physics handles a static's animation with colliders versus craft is indeed comedy gold.

EDIT - In the second shot the kerbal on the left has either wandered away with embarrasment or is taking a sneaky pee over the verge. Because no-one does that.

Edited by AlphaAsh

I just realized I never actually released the configs for Kampus compatibility with KSC++.

Let me get on that XD

I'll edit this comment with the download.

EDIT:

Here's the download for the the Kampus Compatibility Patch

And here's the download for the KSC++ Compatibility Patch

In the future I'll try to get both into the same download, and use a MM file instead. In the meantime, just install these over the top.

The first overrides Kampus configs, and the second overrides Lack's KSC++ configs for even better compatibility.

And I guess no pics no clicks so here's some: :cool:

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by ThatOneBritishGuy...

I just realized I never actually released the configs for Kampus compatibility with KSC++.

Let me get on that XD

I'll edit this comment with the download.

EDIT:

Here's the download for the the Kampus Compatibility Patch

And here's the download for the KSC++ Compatibility Patch

In the future I'll try to get both into the same download, and use a MM file instead. In the meantime, just install these over the top.

The first overrides Kampus configs, and the second overrides Lack's KSC++ configs for even better compatibility.

And I guess no pics no clicks so here's some: :cool:

http://imgur.com/a/U0jNl

I'm taking a break from KSP at the moment to alleviate burn-out, catch up on some other games and give some attention to promoting and supporting Die Alien Scum! but I will make sure you get some proper endorsement and promotion for your efforts TOBG when I come back to KSP. May be a few weeks though.