[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

just wanting to clarify how you would use the config for my own mod, i assume it is just pickig up what is plased in the "author" section and onverts them all but what sort of document should i use (ive never had to impliment mm before foe any of my mods) and what is the likly hood of ths contiuning to work in 1.1?

[quote name='amankd']so lemme get this straight, as im activly making a kk mod, they should work fine aslong as all the coliders are convex? so splitting the model into lots f small sections and making each a convex collider should work?
[/QUOTE]

Yes. And no. Multiple convex colliders present other issues. Even with precise alignment in Unity, KSP's physics tends to see tiny gaps between them. This makes this technique very tricky to get precision collision with larger objects such as runways. With overlapping, you get tiny bumps.

[COLOR="silver"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Thomas P.']
I submitted a pull request to KerbalKonstructs, that implements a fix for the colliders. More details are here: [URL]http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/105247?p=2307634#post2307634[/URL][/QUOTE]

I'll take a look at this. Thank you sir.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi AlphaAsh,

I've been using this mod for a long time and enjoyed it, especially the Aircraft Carriers. However, recently I've tried to change the location of the carriers for more flexible flight locations. The coordinates in the .cfg file doesn't seem to match the standard form of Kerbin coordinates. Can you tell me how the coordinate works for static objects in this mod. I promise I will only utilize it for personal use and will not publish any relevant materials. If you want the information to be private I promise that I will not disclose. Thanks a lot.

Atlantis5104

Dec 3 2015

4 hours ago, Atlantis5104 said:

Hi AlphaAsh,

I've been using this mod for a long time and enjoyed it, especially the Aircraft Carriers. However, recently I've tried to change the location of the carriers for more flexible flight locations. The coordinates in the .cfg file doesn't seem to match the standard form of Kerbin coordinates. Can you tell me how the coordinate works for static objects in this mod. I promise I will only utilize it for personal use and will not publish any relevant materials. If you want the information to be private I promise that I will not disclose. Thanks a lot.

Atlantis5104

Dec 3 2015

The location is a cartesian x,y,z.  You can set it yourself if you know some trig, but it's not really intended to be human readable/editable.

18 hours ago, blowfish said:

The location is a cartesian x,y,z.  You can set it yourself if you know some trig, but it's not really intended to be human readable/editable.

Hello,

I know basic Trigonometry. Just asking what do the x,y,z axes correspond to? and where is the 0,0,0 point located? In addition, are there any software they are using to reduce work?

5 hours ago, Atlantis5104 said:

Hello,

I know basic Trigonometry. Just asking what do the x,y,z axes correspond to? and where is the 0,0,0 point located? In addition, are there any software they are using to reduce work?

0,0,0 is the center of the planet.

1 hour ago, RA3236 said:

I would just like to say this: CKAN says that KerbinSide and KerbalKonstructs are compatibke with 1.0.5. I've noticed the issues with the colision meshes and I thought I might mention this. 

It is, but it isn't, but it is.

Hi, I've been trying to install this mod for 1.0.4, but it crashes regardless of running it in 32 or 64 bit. I have Active Texture Manage Management, but that doesn't help either. To be more specific, it crashes when I try to load my vehicle on the runway/launchpad, and is pretty frustrating. I've spent some time searching but can't find any fixes. Could anyone help please? 

17 hours ago, Nebula7 said:

Hi, I've been trying to install this mod for 1.0.4, but it crashes regardless of running it in 32 or 64 bit. I have Active Texture Manage Management, but that doesn't help either. To be more specific, it crashes when I try to load my vehicle on the runway/launchpad, and is pretty frustrating. I've spent some time searching but can't find any fixes. Could anyone help please? 

1. Welcome to the forums :D
  2. Did you install a version that was released for 1.0.4?  The last was compiled against 1.0.5 and is not guaranteed to work on 1.0.4
  3. This doesn't sound like an out of memory crash, so 32 vs 64 bit/ATM won't make a difference.  Just stick with 32 bit (if you're on Windows) and don't bother with ATM unless you have a lot of very old mods.
  4. The first link in my signature provides instructions on how to get your output log, which might provide clues as to why the crash is happening.  As a general rule, it always helps to include it with a support request.

So now that Kerbal Konstructs has a community fix, does that mean KerbinSide may work?

I mean, was the issue with Konstructs and the kolliders, the whole reason KerbinSide doesnt work in 1.0.5? Or does KerbinSide ALSO have issues of its own for 1.0.5?

On 12/21/2015 at 4:34 PM, Stone Blue said:

So now that Kerbal Konstructs has a community fix, does that mean KerbinSide may work?

I mean, was the issue with Konstructs and the kolliders, the whole reason KerbinSide doesnt work in 1.0.5? Or does KerbinSide ALSO have issues of its own for 1.0.5?

this is my question as well, I just now heard KK had been updated, is KerbinSide back in business?? :):):)

2 hours ago, ss8913 said:

this is my question as well, I just now heard KK had been updated, is KerbinSide back in business?? :):):)

On December 21, 2015 at 7:34 PM, Stone Blue said:

Yes

2 hours ago, Thomas P. said:

@All who want this in 1.0.5, I suggest that you put the following Config in your GameData:

@STATIC[*]
{
	concaveColliders = all
}

That should fix the issues

And also using the modified build, of course.

On 12/29/2015 at 7:50 AM, Thomas P. said:

@All who want this in 1.0.5, I suggest that you put the following Config in your GameData:

@STATIC[*]
{
	concaveColliders = all
}

That should fix the issues

What should I name the config? Is there anything else I have to do? 

15 hours ago, blowfish said:

It must exist in a .cfg file somewhere in GameData, and you need the modified build.

I know many mod makers and users are taking a breath before 1.1, but hopefully this gives AlphaAsh and the gang some encouragement to continue... :D

Thanks, muchly!

7 hours ago, sashan said:

Which one? I remember getting something like that but that just removed the buildings.

I think Thomas P. posted it a few pages back.  I'm not going to bother digging it up, but it's there.