[1.1.2] Kerbin-Side (v1.1.0) & Supplements

AlphaAsh

Great idea: Add a ski jump/giant ramp going down Mt. Keverest (Big mountain), a dedicated boat launch at the shores of the KSC (as in you spawn about 100m away from the shore), and a rover testing area at the KSC! The testing area would have multiple types of terrain to navigate: Bumpy, smooth, crater, and cliff/drop as well as a race track with two routes: the hard way (lucas oil off road racing style), and the easy route (le mans style (lots of twists, turns, and hills on a smooth surface). The ski jump would have multiple lanes (each as wide as the KSC runway, separated by thin walls) with different ramp angles and the run up (down) would be an extremely steep, smooth runway with distances measured in meters painted on. It wouldn't hurt to add lights. I know this is a huge undertaking but it would be a huge benefit to the mod!

PS: I'm not sure if this is still a bug, but in 1.0.5, the Dundards runway was a considerable height higher than it was supposed to be and acted more like a peak than a flat surface, making my planes fall off and landing a pain in the S.

PPS: For the ski jump, it wouldn't hurt to have two green lines, yellow lines, and red lines to indicate how close you are to the walls as it can be sorta hard to tell sometimes on a surface without lines

Edited by Fireheart318
PPS

8 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

PS: I'm not sure if this is still a bug, but in 1.0.5, the Dundards runway was a considerable height higher than it was supposed to be and acted more like a peak than a flat surface, making my planes fall off and landing a pain in the S.

It's no longer a bug.

Quoting The @Lack

Can you make X part?

I don't take direct requests per se, but I'll likely consider it and end up making it down the line. I definitely appreciate interesting ideas and concepts.

Typically workflow: Read request-> Outright refusal to do anything, claim idea is stupid and not worth the time -> Think about it next day, actually not bad idea-> Make part/apply fix -> Sneak it into next update and never tell anyone.

A couple of your suggestions I'm considering whether to add to the 'want to do list'.

6 hours ago, Fireheart318 said:

...I'm not forcing you to make them...

I detect no gun to my head, so obviously not :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, bpavlov2001 said:

Your work is going in ma FAQ lad. Thanking ye.

EDIT - Unfortunately the forums are having an Internal Server Error 500 when I try to edit the OP, so that'll have to wait.

Edited by AlphaAsh

My log is getting spammed with a couple error messages I'll post below. I've got a ton of mods installed but these errors appear to be coming from KerbinSide. Can anybody point me in the right direction? I'm not seeing any mention of it in the last 5 or so pages of this thread.

[LOG 12:33:30.477] Load(Model): KerbinSide/CoreAssets/ksidekkvladish2
[ERR 12:33:30.839] ConvexHullBuilder: convex hull has more than 255 polygons!

[ERR 12:33:30.842] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

[ERR 12:33:31.092] ConvexHullBuilder: convex hull has more than 255 polygons!

[LOG 12:33:21.011] Load(Model): KerbinSide/CoreAssets/ksidecommercestreet1
[ERR 12:33:21.284] ConvexHullBuilder::CreateTrianglesFromPolygons: convex hull has a polygon with less than 3 vertices!

[ERR 12:33:21.288] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

[ERR 12:33:21.516] ConvexHullBuilder::CreateTrianglesFromPolygons: convex hull has a polygon with less than 3 vertices!

[ERR 12:33:21.520] Gu::ConvexMesh::loadConvexHull: convex hull init failed! Try to use the PxConvexFlag::eINFLATE_CONVEX flag. (see PxToolkit::createConvexMeshSafe)

These are just a couple examples I pulled from the log. They go on and on for many other assets being loaded in with KerbinSide.

Just now, AlphaAsh said:

They're harmless. Even some squad assets generate them. It's just errors in a model that Unity/KSP handles fine.

Fair enough. I'm just going through and trying to resolve as many issues as possible with my current modset as I've been having the good ol phantom forces bug. Thanks for the quick reply @AlphaAsh

It's a good policy. I'm likely to address them some time because of my OCD and because my laziness and perfectionism like to fight in my head when I try to sleep.

Pills help.

The new SRSS is launched, and it's a huge fun to play with it, but i also miss the KerbinSide on it, AlphaAsh, i'm willing to convert KerbinSide to SRSS in my free time if you agree with it and give me some help with it :)

Let me know if you want to expand it to SRSS.

Kind regards.

42 minutes ago, RickKermen said:

The new SRSS is launched, and it's a huge fun to play with it, but i also miss the KerbinSide on it, AlphaAsh, i'm willing to convert KerbinSide to SRSS in my free time if you agree with it and give me some help with it :)

Consider me intrigued.

I'm not sure how I could help other than manually relocate bases on Earthbin. There's no automation in KK that would account for changes in terrain, for example. And I don't want to spend time on it. I would happily endorse your efforts, if you decide to tackle such a chore yourself.

The help i may need are just to clarify some issues i may have with relocating the bases, i believe i can do that pretty much by myself, just needed to know if i'm allowed to do it.

I'll start some testing and let you know how its going. 

Thank you :)

5 minutes ago, RickKermen said:

The help i may need are just to clarify some issues i may have with relocating the bases, i believe i can do that pretty much by myself, just needed to know if i'm allowed to do it.

I'll start some testing and let you know how its going. 

Thank you :)

You're certainly allowed to do it. Give me a yell back when you've made some progress and I'll probably ask you to release cfgs only, with Kerbin-Side Core as a dependency, but I wouldn't worry about that right now.

3 minutes ago, Fireheart318 said:

How likely are my ideas to be added to the mod? Also, if you do add the ski jump, some distance markers on the ground would be pretty cool so we can see how far we flew

There's a simple formula for this chap. The more you make such enquiries, the less likely your suggestions get attention. You'll probably find this a fairly common attitude with KSP modders. We're an odd breed of modder because we're in an unusual games community, where modders don't get crapped on. Well I know I am.

Edited by AlphaAsh

5 minutes ago, AlphaAsh said:

You're certainly allowed to do it. Give me a yell back when you've made some progress and I'll probably ask you to release cfgs only, with Kerbin-Side Core as a dependency, but I wouldn't worry about that right now.

There's a simple formula for this chap. The more you make such enquiries, the less likely your suggestions get attention. You'll probably find this a fairly common attitude with KSP modders. We're an odd breed of modder because we're in an unusual games community, where modders don't get crapped on. Well I know I am.

Woah. Sorry about that. Didn't mean to get on your nerves there! I'm out!

I wouldn't take it too personally. Anyone who frequents this thread for a while knows I'm prickly. The moderators will shut me down when I cross the line. I actually appreciate that.

59 minutes ago, Enceos said:

Hey @AlphaAsh, I did some KerbinSide flying errands today and found a problem. The 'new recruit' contract for some reason despawns the recruit after recovery and doesn't add him to the roster.

y30Clyj.jpg

Odd. I'll do some testing.

Lurker here just wishing to say: Thank you. You have made kerbin interesting instead of bland. Currently reinstalling all mods again and praying this time I have removed or updated what ever mod causes almost unplayable FPS, certainly un PLANE able.

Kerbinside is a possible one there, albeit, because of my old hardware (GTX 460)

If it is the cause, how can I, lesson, the load on my PC with out ditching the complete package?

requires.jpg

@blowfish and others who help with support. Feel free to quote this post when you need to.

@Eskandare @colmo @Divico and other statics makers. Also feel free to use this when you need to.

16 minutes ago, Starhero said:

Lurker here just wishing to say: Thank you. You have made kerbin interesting instead of bland. Currently reinstalling all mods again and praying this time I have removed or updated what ever mod causes almost unplayable FPS, certainly un PLANE able.

Kerbinside is a possible one there, albeit, because of my old hardware (GTX 460)

If it is the cause, how can I, lesson, the load on my PC with out ditching the complete package?

Kerbin-Side Complete puts heavy demands on a GPU. There's been a lot of discussion about this throughout the thread and it might help to do some trawling. Regulars to the thread are probably in a far more (unbiased) position to help you as I tend to be very dismissive of the subject now.