[0.25]Antares+ Cygnus Mod 1.1. Thanks for 1000+ downloads!

Kerbal01

Novelty skins  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Novelty skins

• Gold
    • Checkered
    • Pizza

Here is the antares mod, finally released after months of waiting.

The team:

DarthVader: provided initial upperstage model, Wasn't used because of poor quality.

Kartoffelkuchen: textured models, put them into unity.

Nutt007: made antares models, with Keenan smith:

Download counter: 2360! Thanks guys.

media:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

License: modify if you want, but if you redistribute credit us.

Download:http://kerbal.curseforge.com/ksp-mods/221306-antares-mod.

Mirror 1:http://beta.kerbalstuff.com/mod/24/Antares_Mod

Nutt007's Cygnus (may or may not fit):https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/56154768/Mods/Cygnus.zip.

Edited by DarthVader

Well, some things to say right now: Currently, there is just a Cygnus Mock-up, because I thought that there are some things missing, so there's just the Antares rjght now. I work as much as possible to finish Cygnus in the next days, I hope I will get the results I wanted.

Something about Antares:

I just tested it with my Cygnus (its weigh is about 2tons). During ascent, you should check your Flight Path. When the 1st stage burns out at about 2min 15 your Apoapsis ahould be out of Kerbin's Atmosphere. To complete the orbit, warp to the Apoapsis and ingnite Castor 30. If your payload is not too heavy, you should be in a more or kess circular orbit.

Known issues:

- Fairing looks a bit darker than the rest of the rocket (Iam not quiet sure why because I used the same shaders and textures)

- Even if the 1st Stage has burned out you will hear the sound of a rocket engine- I don't know why, I will look at that at the weekend

Yeah, have fun!

@DarthVader: Please correct the imgur album link ; P

They do look similar, although Antares is taller I think. It also looks very like Orbital's other Minotaur IV and V rockets which are solid fuelled multi-stage. Antares is liquid fuel (largely Russian design derived) lower stage wit ha Castor 30A solid fuel upper stage.

I'm looking forward to this getting to a usable stage,. I think a TAC life support config file would go with Cygnus REALLY nicely to make the resupply actually work realistically :)

Edited by MDBenson

KAS,TAC part.cfg finished, See OP. just paste in the part.cfg for the cygnus

Amazing! thank you very much! I was waiting for the KAS and TAC support.

By the way will you change the solar panels too?

They had 3 parts, not 5:

news-090513a.jpg

You may want to optimize the polygon count on the AJ-26-62 engine. It spams the log file AND causes gui slow down. Here's the logfile snippet that relates to it. When I pick up the part and start moving it around is when you will notice the errors:

The hull has more than 255 polygons. This is invalid.

Also, just a heads up, you may want to provide a warning regarding Nutt007's Cygnus download requiring all three parts to be modified in order for them to load in the game. All three CFG files require "prepending and appending" infamous fix

At the very top of the CFG file:

PART

{

And this at the very end of the file.

}

Not sure if it's been fixed in the latest upload but I made a comment on curse as I didn't see your forum post. The faring on this is named so it conflicts with large decoupler. Need to rename GameData\Orbital Sciences\Fairing\part.cfg name = decoupler1-2

Just my opinion, but the cargo quantities in your TAC configs are a little OP'd. 240 cargo will keep a station the size of ISS (6 crew) going for 40 days without recyclers. That seems too much for Cygnus, it's only small (nowhere near the size of ATV or HTV). I would go for closer to 180. That's 30 days worth of cargo which would be fine.

Also for TAC config, if you want to be totally realistic, Cygnus would only carry Food and Waste, and possible a small mount of Water (but maybe no WasteWater capacity?). It doesn't carry any Oxygen replenishment supplies. Only ATV and HTV carry that, and it's not needed that often. Of course if you want to use Cygnus as your only supply craft then maybe it will need all three. Maybe you could offer and alternate 'Realism Mode' TAC config in the ZIP file?

Looking forward to seeing a more final version of this as it's the only ISS supply vessel that is missing form the collection (as HTV is now in the ISS pack). Great work! :)

update 1.1 released. link is the same in the OP.

changelog:

edited antares fairing to not conflict with a squad part.

moved the KAS/TAC .cfg to the download proper, just replace the part.cfg in the cygnus part folder with cygnuspart2.cfg

adjusted the levels of TAC consumables to suit RL.

Thanks for 213 downloads!

the update fixed the lag on the rocket?

for me/karfofvelkuchen this doesn't cause lag so no lag fixing was done, but this update does fix several issues and balances the payload consumables. can you describe this issue?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.