My first rocket to escape Kerbal's gravity. (stock parts)

It took me mucking around a bit for awhile, but I finally achieved escape velocity. It's not a perfect ship, but it works. It's not very hard to fly, but be warned, the last stage requires you to be on your toes a bit.

I don't stick firing boosters on top of other stages, trying to try a little realistic with all this.

Here it is:

http://i.imgur.com/D232X.jpg

enjoyable to fly a regular/vanilla ship. most people take the stock parts for granted and don't really use them too long. something to be said about making one of them get into extremely high orbit on vanilla parts and maintain stability.

gotta say, got enough SAS modules it basically flies itself. downside is that you cant arc it because it torques so much.

enjoyable to fly a regular/vanilla ship. most people take the stock parts for granted and don't really use them too long. something to be said about making one of them get into extremely high orbit on vanilla parts and maintain stability.

gotta say, got enough SAS modules it basically flies itself. downside is that you cant arc it because it torques so much.

I can get it into orbit with the last liquid fuel stage. I haven't going manual SAS with the triple liquid fuel stage to get that portion into orbit. It would probably turn out bad, heh.

A simple 4 tank liquid engine with 5 boosters attached to the body (as the first stage) via radial decouplers works easily. SAS modules on each one and you're good to go :D

As a side-note, that's also my simplest orbiter design.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.