Whats your long term goals?

Tux

I want

- To get a massive amount of refined kethane to Eeloo for a large refueling station.

- Get a station station on the pole of every planet and moon (other than gas giants).

Yup

These are not really my goals, just my (ridiculously hard) criteria for winning KSP:

- Base and space station on/over every planet and moon (except for Jool)

- Being able to get to any location without quicksaving

- (Maybe) Capable of building an ship to travel interstellar distances

Yeah, most of these are just ridiculously hard, but if you could do them, you've won KSP :D

Keep in mind I still struggle to get to the Mun

These are not really my goals, just my (ridiculously hard) criteria for winning KSP:

If you want to try it though, the tutorial has reached Chapter 7 of 8 - Kerbin-system spacestations. The only chapter I still have to do is taking those stations everywhere else :-)

My long-term goal is to pull off a Whackjob-sized SSTO and deliver it to Eeloo or to Moho.

- Base and space station on/over every planet and moon (except for Jool)

- Being able to get to any location without quicksaving

- (Maybe) Capable of building an ship to travel interstellar distances

Yeah, most of these are just ridiculously hard, but if you could do them, you've won KSP :D

Keep in mind I still struggle to get to the Mun

You can't win KSP until you plant a flag on Kerbol and return safely :D

Gain some better professional certifications and move into a job with more chance of advancement.

Oh, you mean in KSP? Well, my "pipe dreams" that I've yet to actually attempt:

Jool-5, of course, but with some extra twist. Thinking of one with using purely ion engines (apart from the launches to LKO). I think it should be possible. NFP has engines capable of enough TWR to make a Tylo lander. Laythe might be the bigger challenge, since the NFP engines don't work in atmosphere, but I think the PB-ION should be able to propel a glider into orbit.

Land an E-class on Tylo.

Create a ship capable of "express" interplanetary trips. Duna in a week, Jool in a month, that kind of thing. Likely to need mods to do that, though I'm going to consider KSPI's warp drive "doesn't count".

To send kerbals to inhabit another planet and make it like normal life,here on kerbin.
make it like normal life,here on kerbin.
normal

When dealing with Kerbals, I don't think anything can be considered normal.

Visit all the planets. Yep. That's my long-term goal.

The reason it's been and continues to be such a hard road is my obsession with comfort for my Kerbals, reusable ships, and efficient use of time. I can't just asparagus 785 booster stages together and blast a dude to his death on Laythe six months later in a cramped space capsule.

I have a lot of current goals for the near and decently-far future.

-Finish Mun base and build transfer space station around the Mun.

-Build Minmus base and space station. Not sure if I really want to do this or not.

-Get some landers and probes to Duna, eventually Kerbals in the far future.

-Complete current work-in-progress space station around Kerbin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.