[1.3.1] Ship List v0.10

Kiwa

Frequently, I've been looking for a list of my vessels and their fuel status, for example to quickly find a place to dump excess fuel, drop-off excess kerbals, or to pick up some more fuel... and since there wasn't anything obvious, I made my own. It's still work in progress, but the basic functionality is already there. For detailed information on the development progress and plans, and internal workings, please visit the development thread.

Usage: Download and install the plugin from github. Release 0.10-beta works for KSP 1.3.1 and 1.2.2, 0.9-beta works for KSP 1.2, 0.8-beta works for KSP 1.1, release 0.7-beta and earlier works for all versions from 0.23.5 to 1.0.5. Old versions up to 0.8 need the Toolbar installed.

The archive also contains a debug-version of the DLL: in case you run into trouble (hopefully not!), this will produce more output in the debug console. Just copy it over the regular version.

License: GPLv2; with permission includes some code derived strongly from aviveys Switch Vessel Plugin, which is BSD-2 licensed; source code on github.

Legal disclaimer: Hello Take-Two, yes, this means screw the IP paragraph in your new EULA. This mod was released under GPL long before you bought the rights to KSP, under the old KSP EULA, so you can not legally acquire the rights to this mod by simply changing the EULA. You would still have to talk to me, or keep the code under GPL. Not that it's a big thing to begin with. Thank you.

Screenshots:

xpyWt5S.png

4gSZ70Z.png

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Kiwa
updated for 1.3.1

Released v0.6.

Changes:

- added SOI-based filtering.

Now you can limit the list to only show vessels in the same sphere of influence as your active vessel (while in flight), or as the selected vessel (while in tracking station).

Just a quick update, v0.7 is released and now contains the selectable reference body for SOI filtering (as well as the previous "active vessel" option which will follow the active ship). This hasn't seen much testing, so if you encounter any issues, don't hesitate to report them...

• 6 months later...

I had planned for the resources to be selectable, but since there never were requests for mod resources, I never added the menu to select them, instead just using the presets (Mono, LF, OX). So basically no problem to add, just... a question of where to put the menu and how it should look. Any preferences on that?

Basically I can give it a shot after the holidays, or if you are up to recompiling, just change the ResourceDef::getMyResourceList() method to act on the correct fuel types according to your needs. It's not limited to three types, but will potentially result in horizontal scrollbars if you have more.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 4 months later...

@DMSP: I do check at every patch, and it still works just fine in 1.1.3. I did have to recompile it for the big 1.1 mod api change, but that's been about it. So make sure to get the latest version and you're all set. I don't expect the need for any major changes in 1.2 either; after all, before the 1.1 update, it was good since 0.23 or something? :wink:

(And no, I still haven't got around to adding a config menu to enable showing other resources...)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm aware there is currently a problem with the icons... working on it. Apparently the question by @DMagic here hasn't resulted in an API for them yet (?)

Edit: fixed. Get the new release from the first post (at the usual location).

Edited by Kiwa

• 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Kiwa said:

It still works just fine in 1.3.1, @santiagokof

But I will suspend further support of this until the messy EULA situation has been sorted out, or indefinitely if it doesn't get sorted out (in a positive way).

As long as the mod itself isn’t hosted on any of Squad’s servers, the eula is meaningless.  It applies to the forum posts, not the game itself, which is covered by a different license.

1 minute ago, linuxgurugamer said:

As long as the mod itself isn’t hosted on any of Squad’s servers, the eula is meaningless.  It applies to the forum posts, not the game itself, which is covered by a different license.

I'm still trying to dig through all the legalese and comments, and let's just say it's annoying. The anti-European clauses in the EULA are getting the better of me, and that's before even reaching the remaining more relevant parts.

But since you're already here @linuxgurugamer: as it's GPL, you and other people are free to recompile or fork & enhance it, subject to the GPL. So even if I don't accept the new EULA, it doesn't mean this (admittedly small) mod is dead.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.