[KSP 0.14]: Released!!

HarvesteR

Hi,

I\'m very pleased to announce that after 9 weeks, the longest update period we\'ve ever tackled, the 0.14 update of KSP is finally official!

This version, as you all probably know, adds persistence to the game, as well as support for multiple simultaneous flights, multiple crew members, and live-switching between flights.

IHNIS.png

It also adds a plugin loader, which means mod-makers are now able to program their own part types, and we\'ve already seen some incredible things being developed by the community, even before the official release (or even documentation) was out.

We\'ve also released the 13.3 update for our Demo, which fixes a few issues from the old version.

Here is the full changelog for this update:

New:

* Flights are regularly saved to file, to be resumed later. (yes, persistence :) )

* Support for multiple simultaneous flights and switching from ship to ship.

* The Tracking Station Facility at the Space Center, allows you to select and resume a flight in progress.

* Holding the middle mouse button will allow you to rotate the flight camera about itself, instead of rotating its pivot. (double-clicking the MMB will recenter it)

* Tweaked the orbit rendering on the Map View to reduce clutter when several icons are moused over at the same time.

* Landed or Splashed vessels now display their coordinates (or location, if available) when moused over on the Map View.

* More Crew Members so you can launch missions while others are underway.

* A Stats Tracking System, so we can collect information of the game for statistical purposes.(Demo)

* An External Module Loader, which enables mod makers to program their own part modules.

* An integrated game update system, so you don\'t have to redownload each time there is a new update.

* A small liquid fuel tank, a small liquid fuel engine, and a new Landing Leg part type.

Bug Fixes:

* Fixed a bug with symmetry in the VAB. (Demo)

* Fixed an issue with the main camera that would create sporadic moments of lag in map view. (Demo)

* Fixed a bug that caused symmetrical parts to lose the reference to one of their counterparts, leading to incorrect symmetrical placements. (Demo)

* The flight camera is no longer able to go upside down.

* The ORBITAL camera mode will no longer change orientations when switching spheres of influence.

* Fixed an issue with .craft file saving and loading, which makes it possible to save ship titles independently of the file name.

* Un-warping a landed ship will no longer cause an unphysical jerk on it, which could possibly destroy it.

* Landed/Splashed vessels no longer show an Apoapsis icon on the Map View.

* The Map Camera now responds to the keyboard bindings for camera zoom.

* Decouplers now obey the second law of physics (Acceleration = Force/Mass)

* Decouplers now obey the third law of physics (every action has an equal and opposite reaction).

* RCS Fuel Tanks now drain symmetrically if placed using symmetry.

* Reverted the Staging logic to the 13.1 system, as the changes made in 13.2 were buggy. (Demo)

The 0.14 Update is now available for download at our KSP Store.

Happy Launchings!

Cheers

Nice!

I thought there were more new things. I remember a post of HarvesteR where he quoted me with tons of things he did that day. I\'m searching that post later.

edit: Not sticky?

don\'t know about anyone else, but the partial mac downloads won\'t extract properly, and by properly i mean at all. it says the archive is incomplete, the downloads look to have finished, the file size seems right for it being split up (as in they are all equal) will be patient and finish my engineering work done before getting back to attempting another download.

20 minutes and things slow down.

That\'s a fast response time, quicker than I remember.

It was a good fight with the main download, but in the end it fell at 128mb.

That\'s what the segmented download is for.

Many fun times are ahead.

I just bought it, but the site wont recognize it :\'(

it will probably fix it self

the site is super slow atm, so many people trying to download

its almost like a DDoS attack

Congratulations on this next step in KSP development.

I have one question, I bought the game when it was 11.0 or something like that, it paid 7bucks because I liked the project. How do I get my copy of the game now? How do I update my v13 KSP to 14.0? I already paid so I should get all future updates for free right?

Hope I didn\'t ask something obvious/stupid

Thanks in advance,

GWigWam

Ok im no rocket scientist....but I have a mac, downloaded in segments, used winzip and unzipped all the files at once into one folder, and its not working.......PLEASE HELP I HAVN\'T KERBALED ALL DAY.

Ok im no rocket scientist....but I have a mac, downloaded in segments, used winzip and unzipped all the files at once into one folder, and its not working.......PLEASE HELP I HAVN\'T KERBALED ALL DAY.

what is the size of the file after it was downloaded?

Yes sir, positive. Maybe ill settle for Old Skool KSP for tonight and wait for the servers to cool down tomorrow and download the complete file. But Im going to try and extract each part individually and assemble the pieces for a last ditch effort. Thanks for the Help.