[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

Looks great but there is alittle problem

[WRN 15:01:46.695] [Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at Rodan, index 7.
Node 'ModuleTripLogger' found in loaded data, but 'MechJebCore' is defined in prefab.
Looking for ModuleTripLogger in other indices...
[WRN 15:01:46.695] ...ModuleTripLogger module found at index 9.
[WRN 15:01:47.106] [Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at probeStackLarge, index 3.
Node 'ModuleTripLogger' found in loaded data, but 'MechJebCore' is defined in prefab.
[WRN 15:01:47.106] ...ModuleTripLogger module found at index 4.
[LOG 15:01:47.774] Ghidorah 9 loaded!
[LOG 15:01:47.831] [Crew Assignment]: Part Rodan Command Pod holds 5 crew, but only 4 are available. Auto-hiring is disabled or not allowed at this point.
[ERR 15:01:48.203] Actor::updateMassFromShapes: Compute mesh inertia tensor failed for one of the actor's mesh shapes! Please change mesh geometry or supply a tensor manually!

[ERR 15:01:48.203] Actor::updateMassFromShapes: Compute mesh inertia tensor failed for one of the actor's mesh shapes! Please change mesh geometry or supply a tensor manually!

Looks great but there is alittle problem
[WRN 15:01:46.695] [Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at Rodan, index 7.
[WRN 15:01:46.695] ...ModuleTripLogger module found at index 9.
[WRN 15:01:47.106] [Part]: PartModule indexing mismatch at probeStackLarge, index 3.
[WRN 15:01:47.106] ...ModuleTripLogger module found at index 4.
[LOG 15:01:47.774] Ghidorah 9 loaded!
[LOG 15:01:47.831] [Crew Assignment]: Part Rodan Command Pod holds 5 crew, but only 4 are available. Auto-hiring is disabled or not allowed at this point.

Hmm, I can't seem to reproduce what is happening...could you try and see if it happens on a stock install? I suspect it's another mod causing it or something. :huh:

Hey, the F9 looks really cool, but I cannot load the craft file (not compatible with this version of KSP). I am using KSP 1.0.3. Did you use some other special parts? Ah, and the Marlin Engine cluster has that bug where the rocket will just stay on the launchpad when activating the engines, you have to use launchclamps or deactivate Gravity to get off the pad. You probably have to move the thrustTransform object of the engines up in Unity. :)

Hmm, I can't seem to reproduce what is happening...could you try and see if it happens on a stock install? I suspect it's another mod causing it or something. :huh:

Pretty much is it's a test install, I put things in first just has a hand full of plugins but forgot to put StockBugFixModules in that one and that fixed all but the ( Compute mesh inertia tensor ) get that has soon has load the craft file couple of times and thats it.

Pretty much is it's a test install, I put things in first just has a hand full of plugins but forgot to put StockBugFixModules in that one and that fixed all but the ( Compute mesh inertia tensor ) get that has soon has load the craft file couple of times and thats it.

Is it only with the included craft file or does it happen if you try to build one yourself?

Hey, the F9 looks really cool, but I cannot load the craft file (not compatible with this version of KSP). I am using KSP 1.0.3. Did you use some other special parts? Ah, and the Marlin Engine cluster has that bug where the rocket will just stay on the launchpad when activating the engines, you have to use launchclamps or deactivate Gravity to get off the pad. You probably have to move the thrustTransform object of the engines up in Unity. :)

Strange, the craft file is only parts from this mod and stock, could it be something about different KSP versions? Also isn't that a stock bug where the launchpad is sticky or something, I could probably move the thrustTransforms up a bit if that fixes it.

EDIT: Tried out the craft file included in the .zip and I got the error MeCripp is describing, I do not get it with one built from scratch though.

Edited by tygoo7

Is it only with the included craft file or does it happen if you try to build one yourself?

Strange, the craft file is only parts from this mod and stock, could it be something about different KSP versions? Also isn't that a stock bug where the launchpad is sticky or something, I could probably move the thrustTransforms up a bit if that fixes it.

EDIT: Tried out the craft file included in the .zip and I got the error MeCripp is describing, I do not get it with one built from scratch though.

Get it when grabbing the trunk.

Hey, i currently have one capsule landed on Duna, will this update affect it in any way?

It shouldn't affect it at all, but just to be safe make a backup.

Get it when grabbing the trunk.

Ah, I know what's causing it. Yeah that bug happened last version too. It's something with the colliders, I'll try to get an update out ASAP.

Oh, I'm excited for the IVA! Very nice looking parts! I hadn't tried it until I noticed the F9 and now I love it! By chance is there support for KIS? Or maybe in the future a pressurized trunk part?

I too am very excited for the IVA, and by the way, you could definitely put some of the storage parts from KIS inside the unpressurized trunk thingy.

Oh, I'm excited for the IVA! Very nice looking parts! I hadn't tried it until I noticed the F9 and now I love it! By chance is there support for KIS? Or maybe in the future a pressurized trunk part?

I probably won't do a pressurized trunk, but the Rodan command pod should have small inventories that kerbals have. The Cargo Dragon will have pressurized cargo in the pod though.

I tried the Ghidora 9 out recently, I used it as launch vehicle for my manned Mun rover. I must say, the rocket is quiet capable. The rover weighs about 10 tonnes, and the second stage got it to orbit and did the Mun transfer :D. I even landed the first stage, but I underestimated my trajectory and had to land in the water east of KSC. The rover landing was, well, a little tough. I ran out of fuel before touchdown, the rover crashed with 30m/s into the Mun, but survived! Here are some pics of the howl journey.

Edited by ZentroCatson

I tried the Ghidora 9 out recently, I used it as launch vehicle for my manned Mun rover. I must say, the rocket is quiet capable. The rover weighs about 10 tonnes, and the second stage got it to orbit and did the Mun transfer :D. I even landed the first stage, but I underestimated my trajectory and had to land in the water east of KSC. The rover landing was, well, a little tough. I ran out of fuel before touchdown, the rover crashed with 30m/s into the Mun, but survived! Here are some pics of the howl journey.

What mod is that rover from?

Very cool!

Hey, nice parts!

I m wondering about the VL-9R dual mode. If the 9 nozzle mode produces 4000 thrust, shouldnt the 1 nozzle mode produce about 445 thrust instead of 1000?

edit: And for a config near 1000 thrust, would it not make more sense to use 2 of the outer engines for 889 thrust?

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, unfortunately the octopus has the stats of the Mammoth stock engine at about half the mass and thus eliminates all traces of balance in that regard.

Edited by Yemo

Hey, nice parts!

I m wondering about the VL-9R dual mode. If the 9 nozzle mode produces 4000 thrust, shouldnt the 1 nozzle mode produce about 445 thrust instead of 1000?

edit: And for a config near 1000 thrust, would it not make more sense to use 2 of the outer engines for 889 thrust?

- - - Updated - - -

Hm, unfortunately the octopus has the stats of the Mammoth stock engine at about half the mass and thus eliminates all traces of balance in that regard.

Yeah I could use some help with the balance of engines, I think the Marlin engine is fairly balanced but I wasn't sure about the Octopus. Do you have any other stats that could be changed in mind? I'll test out how it performs with 445. :)

Yeah I could use some help with the balance of engines, I think the Marlin engine is fairly balanced but I wasn't sure about the Octopus. Do you have any other stats that could be changed in mind? I'll test out how it performs with 445. :)

Unfortunately stock is horribly unbalanced, so I know it is hard to balance against an inbalanced system. But I ll take a look at some other stats.