[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

6 hours ago, kaue4arp10 said:

Hey, i know this is a bit strange, but i made a video using some of your parts and thought you might like it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu3QwziD-5I

Oh wow, amazing work! Do you mind if I add this to the op? 

4 hours ago, DarthVader said:

no idea where the poll is, op maybe? i would vote for cubeat parts

There is a link to it in the op. :)

About the RealPlume issues, I experienced this behaviour when I first wrote the configs for the Rodan. It's most likely a smokescreen bug with particular partmodule setups, and the issue is only present after a quickload/revert to launch.

There's nothing wrong with any of the configs as far as I can tell, they're exactly the same as all the others that I have made, which work just fine.

I'll mess around with some parts now to see if I can find the cause.

EDIT: Looks like this might be relevant.

EDIT2: Yep, using the heatshield as the root part fixed the issue. I guess if you're using RealPlume, you should use the heatshield as the root part (Unless that causes other odd bugs...).

Edited by DerpyFirework

On 1/12/2016 at 1:14 AM, DerpyFirework said:

EDIT2: Yep, using the heatshield as the root part fixed the issue. I guess if you're using RealPlume, you should use the heatshield as the root part (Unless that causes other odd bugs...).

thanks! i'll give that a try.

It's Actually SSTO(I've tested with FAR and stock kerbin), with excluding second stage. Did you supposed that? or It's trimmed for RSS/RO?

Actually I could send capsule at 100km orbit without seperation and I could save a small amount of fuel, So even I could reentry and powered landing of first stage.

and, Capsule has so much power and huge fuel tank. I think it's not dream that Example craft ghidora 9 go to the mun and come back.

10 hours ago, Jamesstewart97 said:

Just wondering if you've considered adding KIS to the cargo Rodan? 

Just in case, you can always look at the configs for the KIS parts, and make a MM config for the cargo Rodan. Shouldn't be too difficult. I might take a look at it one of these days.

10 hours ago, Jamesstewart97 said:

Try

@PART[Cargo]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleKISInventory
		maxVolume = 18000
		externalAccess = true
		internalAccess = true
		slotsX = 4
		slotsY = 5
		slotSize = 50
		itemIconResolution = 128
		selfIconResolution = 128
		openSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerOpen
		closeSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerClose
		defaultMoveSndPath = KIS/Sounds/itemMove
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleKISItem
		volumeOverride = 19000
		editorItemsCategory = false
	}
}

If you want it on Rodan

@PART[Rodan]
{
	MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleKISInventory
		maxVolume = 6000
		externalAccess = true
		internalAccess = true
		slotsX = 4
		slotsY = 5
		slotSize = 50
		itemIconResolution = 128
		selfIconResolution = 128
		openSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerOpen
		closeSndPath = KIS/Sounds/containerClose
		defaultMoveSndPath = KIS/Sounds/itemMove
	}

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleKISItem
		volumeOverride = 7000
		editorItemsCategory = false
	}
}

Hey all, sorry for no news in a while. I got busy with school work and caught up in a game that starts with F and ends in allout. Falcon X and Falcon XX have won the poll so they will be next after New Horizons and Rosetta/Philae. I will be streaming some time Saturday too.

On 1/27/2016 at 9:49 AM, Jamesstewart97 said:

Next update. In the meantime you can use MeCripp's config.

On 1/26/2016 at 8:30 PM, Efour said:

It's Actually SSTO(I've tested with FAR and stock kerbin), with excluding second stage. Did you supposed that? or It's trimmed for RSS/RO?

Actually I could send capsule at 100km orbit without seperation and I could save a small amount of fuel, So even I could reentry and powered landing of first stage.

and, Capsule has so much power and huge fuel tank. I think it's not dream that Example craft ghidora 9 go to the mun and come back.

Yeah, I'll try to balance it the best I can.

• 2 weeks later...

with the closing of kerbal stuff will there be an alternate download cus frankly ive been waiting to download this mod for the last 4 days and today kerbal stuff announced the closure. so im dieing to give this a run

2 hours ago, tygoo7 said:

Soon everyone, I'm out of town atm but I will post some alternative links. I was really sad to hear KerbalStuff being shut down, I really liked that site. Props to @SirCmpwn for all his hard work he did with this site! 

I was heartbroken too. :(

Alright everyone, after a somewhat lengthy hiatus from modding, I am now back to working on Tundra Exploration at full throttle!

I even made a Google Doc of the roadmap, which I copied the layout from @CobaltWolf, since it was just a really good layout for planning stuff. So if anyone wants to see what I'm working on or what's to come, check out the link below.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kzfW47UQivAOHMO8fuwscyt3h0ZQTT81Emuz0QuJveU/edit?usp=sharing

I am also trying to put my mods on SpaceDock but I am currently waiting for the confirmation email, so downloads will be up later today.

2 minutes ago, tygoo7 said:

Alright everyone, after a somewhat lengthy hiatus from modding, I am now back to working on Tundra Exploration at full throttle!

I even made a Google Doc of the roadmap, which I copied the layout from @CobaltWolf, since it was just a really good layout for planning stuff. So if anyone wants to see what I'm working on or what's to come, check out the link below.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kzfW47UQivAOHMO8fuwscyt3h0ZQTT81Emuz0QuJveU/edit?usp=sharing

I am also trying to put my mods on SpaceDock but I am currently waiting for the confirmation email, so downloads will be up later today.

Oh nice! You should check out Coatl Aerospace by @akron  (or rather, let me ping him to this thread) since it looks like y'all will have some overlap. Obviously that might not matter, but personally if something is being made by someone whose work I enjoy, I don't see a need to do it twice, especially if that saves time. ;) 

For instance, he has the New Horizons probe core planned which you seem to be almost done with, as well as Rosetta / Philae. He also has a lot of parts planned for Mars Rovers, which you may not get around to before he does. Just something to think about. :)