[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

thanks for new update. Though there seems to be problem with newly uploaded files on SpaceDock. For lots of mods that are in "Recently updated" category when I try to download I get message like this

Not Found

The requested URL /tygoo7_912/Tundra_Exploration_-_Stockalike_Dragon_V2_and_Falcon_9/Tundra_Exploration_-_Stockalike_Dragon_V2_and_Falcon_9-0.8.6.zip was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at cdn.spacedock.info Port 80

If I try to download version 0.8.5 of your mod from changelog tab on Space Dock it works just fine

EDIT: Seems that it has been sorted now

Edited by Cuky

I LOVE your Rodan capsule, and have used it for some time. In my latest kerbal install however, it is doing one weird thing: The pod's integrated monoprop powered engines always activate immediately when I launch any vessel with this part. It is only the Rodan's engines that do this, not any other part from any other mod. I can send a log if you want, but as far as I can tell there is no event in the log associated with the engines being triggered.

Yes, I've checked that it's not a mechjeb autostaging issue.

Edited to add: I tell a lie... it also happens with the Phoenix Industries dragon-like cargo capsules, and the Super 100 Shooting Star... so it's clearly not a problem with your specific mod. Now I'm even more confused though, since it only happens on command pods like this that have integrated engines, and nowhere else. I'm going to leave this post here in case someone else who has had and fixed the same issue responds.

Edited by Tokamak

On 5/23/2016 at 4:19 PM, Tokamak said:

The pod's integrated monoprop powered engines always activate immediately when I launch any vessel with this part.

I have been seeing this as well.  Please let me know if you find a solution.  I had to just pull the "thrust" slider down to zero while still in the VAB.

A few more minor tweaks and this should be perfect.

1. Crop the logo in the "Agencies" folder to JUST be your mountain icon, with no text. That way it'll be easier to pick out when browsing by manufacturer in the VAB.
  2. In the two heat-shields' .cfg files, capitalize the word "Exploration" in the manufacturer tag, so that they'll show up in Tundra's tab when browsing by manufacturer in the VAB.
  3. For your mod's CKAN metadata, change
    					"install": [
    						{
    							"file": null,
    							"find": "TundraExploration",
    							"find_regexp": null,
    							"find_matches_files": false,
    							"install_to": "GameData",
    							"filter": [
    								"Thumbs.db"
    							],
    							"filter_regexp": null
    						}
    					],

to

"install": [
    						{
    							"find": "TundraExploration",
    							"install_to": "GameData",
    							"filter": [
    								"Thumbs.db"
    							],
    						},
    						{
    							"find": "VAB",
    							"install_to": "Ships",
    							"filter": null,
    						}
    					],

and the sample ships will install into the game's default "Ships/VAB" directory.

So I've loved this mod in the past, but currently, when I load a craft with the Rodan pod it says I'm moving over the surface, and the ship is uncontrollable, and the rest of the rocket just flies upward, leaving the pod hanging there in the air. Anyone know what's up with this? I'm not sure what other info to provide to help give a better description of the issue...

On 04.06.2016. at 11:21 PM, Bran31 said:

So I've loved this mod in the past, but currently, when I load a craft with the Rodan pod it says I'm moving over the surface, and the ship is uncontrollable, and the rest of the rocket just flies upward, leaving the pod hanging there in the air. Anyone know what's up with this? I'm not sure what other info to provide to help give a better description of the issue...

I'll check if it does the same thing in my install if I play KSP today. I launched cargo capsule on Gigan rocket few times just a 3-4 days ago and that one worked well.

One other part I'd like to see added to this mod is a stack-guidance "probe-core" for the first-stage, with weak pitch and yaw gyros to conserve mass and electric-power, but a REALLY strong ROLL-control gyro to fill in for the grid-fins' inability to control roll in KSP (since the real life Falcon 9's grid-fins' main job is roll-control, as the Ghidorah 9's RCS-thrusters don't provide much roll-control authority.

On June 6, 2016 at 0:10 PM, Cuky said:

I'll check if it does the same thing in my install if I play KSP today. I launched cargo capsule on Gigan rocket few times just a 3-4 days ago and that one worked well.

I found the bug... it wasn't this mod, it was the RCS sounds mod. I was getting it with other mod command pods too. All is well with the Tundra parts! :)

Hey all! I'm in Germany at the moment. So when I get back, development will continue again. :) 

On 30.5.2016 at 8:50 PM, ridik58 said:

sorry for my English .
After having performed an atmospheric re-entry, the engines of the dragon v2 no longer works. Is there a solution ?

thank you in advance

Can anyone confirm this? I have no idea what would be causing that.

On 3.6.2016 at 4:06 PM, BananaIsAFruit said:

Any chance of a strongback? :wink:

If it is not that difficult to make, then perhaps.

On 10.6.2016 at 10:27 PM, StevieC said:

One other part I'd like to see added to this mod is a stack-guidance "probe-core" for the first-stage, with weak pitch and yaw gyros to conserve mass and electric-power, but a REALLY strong ROLL-control gyro to fill in for the grid-fins' inability to control roll in KSP (since the real life Falcon 9's grid-fins' main job is roll-control, as the Ghidorah 9's RCS-thrusters don't provide much roll-control authority.

Yep, I have a custom probe core planned for the F9 revamp.

On 11.6.2016 at 6:11 AM, Boonehoss said:

Do you think you will ever make this compatible with RealFuels?

I have no idea, try asking the people over at the RealFuels thread.

13 hours ago, Bran31 said:

I found the bug... it wasn't this mod, it was the RCS sounds mod. I was getting it with other mod command pods too. All is well with the Tundra parts! :)

Glad to see it was resolved. I'll have to see if I can make a patch for it or something because I like that mod.

1 hour ago, atlaspaine said:

I can confirm that the engines do not work after atmospheric reentry. Been trying to tell you this for awhile now. Can't use the mod because of this.

Can you send your log? Also try without any other mods installed.

On 6/17/2016 at 7:32 AM, hieywiey said:

The Rodan's engines don't always emit particles with RealPlume-Stock installed. I'll add a picture when I have the time. Also, is it intended to deorbit the Gigan using RCS?

The particle emissions cease when you revert the game using F9 or Revert To Launch correct? I'm getting the same issue.

Yes, the Gigan pod is an analogue of Cargo Dragon, which does not have thrusters other than RCS, it uses them to de-orbit in real life. It's about a 10 minute deorbit burn

Neither of the capsules/command pods are showing up in my Career game, either in the VAB or anywhere in the R&D lab.  They're available in Sandbox, but not in Career.

Also, I'd much rather have the Rodan's engines using LFO than monoprop, since the real SuperDraco engines are LFO/bipropellant (monomethylhydrazine fuel and dinitrogen tetroxide oxidizer).  Is there any way this could at least be made an option?

One other small request: It would be immensely helpful to have the option of the "Extended Trunk" for the Dragon Cargo craft as shown here. Your stock Dragon Cargo analog's trunk is a little short, and an extended trunk would make hauling some payloads into orbit a lot easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey all! I'm slowly getting back into modding. I've just been distracted by playing my own KSP career save and other things. So, I will be back to working on this mod probably next week with a new updated roadmap and other cool things. :) 

On 6/17/2016 at 9:32 AM, hieywiey said:

The Rodan's engines don't always emit particles with RealPlume-Stock installed. I'll add a picture when I have the time. Also, is it intended to deorbit the Gigan using RCS?

On 6/19/2016 at 3:28 AM, StickyScissors said:

The particle emissions cease when you revert the game using F9 or Revert To Launch correct? I'm getting the same issue.

Yes, the Gigan pod is an analogue of Cargo Dragon, which does not have thrusters other than RCS, it uses them to de-orbit in real life. It's about a 10 minute deorbit burn

I think that is an issue with RealPlume but I may be wrong. 

On 6/19/2016 at 3:39 AM, StickyScissors said:

@tygoo7 Ehr, not sure if this is a known thing but, when i use the V2's thrusters, the capsule really likes to spin like the thrust is offset in some rotational direction.

I'll look into it.

On 6/21/2016 at 3:11 AM, SilverlightPony said:

Neither of the capsules/command pods are showing up in my Career game, either in the VAB or anywhere in the R&D lab.  They're available in Sandbox, but not in Career.

Also, I'd much rather have the Rodan's engines using LFO than monoprop, since the real SuperDraco engines are LFO/bipropellant (monomethylhydrazine fuel and dinitrogen tetroxide oxidizer).  Is there any way this could at least be made an option?

Are you using any other mods? I'll look into the bit about the fuel type.

On 6/25/2016 at 0:25 PM, StevieC said:

One other small request: It would be immensely helpful to have the option of the "Extended Trunk" for the Dragon Cargo craft as shown here. Your stock Dragon Cargo analog's trunk is a little short, and an extended trunk would make hauling some payloads into orbit a lot easier.

I'll keep that in mind.

On 7/4/2016 at 9:44 AM, tater said:

ClqCoODUkAA7ki3.jpg

Thought you might find this view of D2 minus the outside bits useful

Nice picture!

7 minutes ago, JebThrillMaster said:

Does anyone have configs for RSS/RO for this?

Check the RO thread because I think they might have some.