[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

3 hours ago, RedParadize said:

I think dragon should be 2.5, difference in diameter with Apollo is negligible.

(btw, my SSTU orion is 3.125 dia, match reality quite nicely!)

Did you rescale your Orion? :D I'm using Stock Sized RSS but i'll delete sigma dimensions so I get full scaled RSS just too see if I went all out rescale. XD My Orion is currently 3.75m so it fits nice and snug with my 3.75m SLS despite it'd be 5m in the kerbal world as the real SLS is 8.4m in diameter. But it'd probably be too overpowered a 5m SLS just carrying Orion. That's why I have an SLS Heavy variant that's 5m to carry my Exploration Upper Stage. :D I've made these 2 SLS rockets reusable. (heavy one still awaiting testing). My Falcon 9 for re-usability still awaits more testing though.

On 8/7/2016 at 10:51 PM, tygoo7 said:

Alright so, I pretty much finished everything relating textures and animations. Just a couple things to touch up on, (darkness of engines and shield, RCS textures, ect.) but other than that, the next major step is to put this thing through Unity and get it in KSP. I will release Betas kind of like how BDB is doing with their Apollo since I have the Cargo Dragon, IVA, and Falcon 9 revamp left to do.

WEhQ1D.jpg 

gvkDHT.jpg

Nice!

I would suggest making the windows smaller, I think that would look cool.

On 9/5/2016 at 10:37 PM, Micro753 said:

There is definitely something wrong with the aero on the Rodan with its heatshield. The drag from reentry from LKO seems too high, similar to when I have a capsule do a direct descent from a Jool return. Turning to create lift causes two lift vectors, and the one going the opposite of what it should tends to be greater in my experience, causing the opposite change in your trajectory than it should. You can see it if you turn on the aero overlay (F12 by default, I think).

Reveal hidden contents

TxXUrZ6.jpgUBC5Cx1.jpgHPfzi5A.jpg

Did another quick test, and I found out it is the heat shield that is causing the problems with the direction of the lift. The aerodynamics of the capsule alone are in the right direction (but still seem way too high to me), but you get the two vectors in opposite directions once you add the heat shield with the integrated landing gears. I also tried rotating the heat shield with E/Q, but it still had the same results. I hope this gets fixed, because it makes it very hard to land precisely back at KSC.

Spoiler

The capsule reentering without the heat shield.

tgzIZw4.jpg

Edited by Micro753

12 minutes ago, Turtles4Life said:

I know, but i just want the orion, and i dont know what parts the orion is in that, and i would like to see an orion made by this guy.

Check here for stock like Orion

On 30-9-2016 at 2:22 AM, SpaceBadger007 said:

So I made this mars rover mission that would not have been possible without Tundra Exploration, so a HUGE thank you Tygoo for making this awesome mod!

Here is the mission, hope you enjoy.  http://imgur.com/a/jjb9l

Looks awesome man! May I ask what type of fairing you use?

26 minutes ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Their procedural fairings, very handy!

Made a version of my own (atleast tried) http://imgur.com/a/LikgK . I like your idea of landing the 3rd booster on that spot. Never really thought about it. Always used the droneship from the Launcher Pack mod but I can't get it to work with KSP 1.2 atm. I've still a hard time landing booster 1&2 without any other mod.  Seems I have to wait for those to get updated.

5 hours ago, damonvv said:

Made a version of my own (atleast tried) http://imgur.com/a/LikgK . I like your idea of landing the 3rd booster on that spot. Never really thought about it. Always used the droneship from the Launcher Pack mod but I can't get it to work with KSP 1.2 atm. I've still a hard time landing booster 1&2 without any other mod.  Seems I have to wait for those to get updated.

Absolutly AWESOME! I always love looking at what others create! Just a question, how expesive is your gacon 9 heavy? Mine with payload is over 400 thousand! Why is it so expensive?

Speaking of barges, here is the one I use, if you haven't seen it.  It uses Kerbal Konstructs, so it's a solid entity, rather than a floating part.

Also abligatory @tygoo7 where are you?

Tygoo tygoo seven, where are you / you've got some work to do... even...tually.

14 hours ago, SpaceBadger007 said:

Absolutly AWESOME! I always love looking at what others create! Just a question, how expesive is your gacon 9 heavy? Mine with payload is over 400 thousand! Why is it so expensive?

Around 420k, was my first rocket that went to Duna to get my first CommNet Satellite up. But with this you can easy get half of it back from the rockets if you can recover it. Still hard though.

@Z3R0_0NL1N3 Is that mod still working? Also thanks for mention it. I like to have a solid platform to land on instead of a boat that keeps bumping when I try to land.

4 hours ago, damonvv said:

@Z3R0_0NL1N3 Is that mod still working? Also thanks for mention it. I like to have a solid platform to land on instead of a boat that keeps bumping when I try to land.

Still works in 1.1.3. I don't know about 1.2, but it runs off of KerbalKonstructs.

Apologies for the very lengthy hiatus! I've been extremely busy with work, school, and life. You know, the usual and stuff...

Anyways, I plan on working on this mod this weekend again because I recently got some inspiration and motivation.

So basically, stay tuned for some cool things.

On 9/22/2016 at 7:36 PM, Third_OfFive said:

Nice!

I would suggest making the windows smaller, I think that would look cool.

I think it's a bit too late for that.

On 9/28/2016 at 7:04 AM, NeoFatalis said:

Is this planned?:rolleyes:

-snip snip-

Indeed.

On 9/29/2016 at 7:22 PM, SpaceBadger007 said:

So I made this mars rover mission that would not have been possible without Tundra Exploration, so a HUGE thank you Tygoo for making this awesome mod!

Here is the mission, hope you enjoy.  http://imgur.com/a/jjb9l

Nice job!

On 10/1/2016 at 1:46 PM, Micro753 said:

The ladders on the Rodan Capsule are really slippery. I had a kerbal go EVA while on Kerbin, and I couldn't get him back in. Is that going to be fixed during the revamp?

Yes.

On 10/1/2016 at 2:45 PM, Micro753 said:

Did another quick test, and I found out it is the heat shield that is causing the problems with the direction of the lift. The aerodynamics of the capsule alone are in the right direction (but still seem way too high to me), but you get the two vectors in opposite directions once you add the heat shield with the integrated landing gears. I also tried rotating the heat shield with E/Q, but it still had the same results. I hope this gets fixed, because it makes it very hard to land precisely back at KSC.

Reveal hidden contents

The capsule reentering without the heat shield.

tgzIZw4.jpg

It's fixed with the revamp.

On 10/1/2016 at 3:01 PM, Turtles4Life said:

You should make an orion capsule!

But you see Mr. Turtles4Life, sometimes when the cherry is picked off the tree of the desert, it doesn't always get eaten...

On 10/3/2016 at 10:11 AM, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

Also abligatory @tygoo7 where are you?

Tygoo tygoo seven, where are you / you've got some work to do... even...tually.

Am here now.

On 10/3/2016 at 4:53 PM, SpaceBadger007 said:
8 hours ago, tygoo7 said:

Apologies for the very lengthy hiatus! I've been extremely busy with work, school, and life. You know, the usual and stuff...

Anyways, I plan on working on this mod this weekend again because I recently got some inspiration and motivation.

So basically, stay tuned for some cool things.

I think it's a bit too late for that.

Indeed.

Nice job!

Yes.

It's fixed with the revamp.

But you see Mr. Turtles4Life, sometimes when the cherry is picked off the tree of the desert, it doesn't always get eaten...

Am here now.

Words of wisdom.