[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

On popular demand...

http://imgur.com/a/D0GGM

Cargo Dragon!! Yay!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll probably do the newest one which I think is the second pic. That was just an early render and most the pics on google had them arranged like the first pic.

It's called the Octaweb. I'd suggest to make it a separate part from the tank, and then you could do both the v1.0 and v1.1 versions!

I could, do you have any idea what the design would be?

First, make the trunk have the see-through thingy that the fairings have (if that's possible). Second, have a circular pallet (a grid/lattice like object) that is only slightly smaller than the interior of the trunk, as I find that I can stuff multiple things into the trunk using IR's extendatrons.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

First, make the trunk have the see-through thingy that the fairings have (if that's possible). Second, have a circular pallet (a grid/lattice like object) that is only slightly smaller than the interior of the trunk, as I find that I can stuff multiple things into the trunk using IR's extendatrons.

http://imgur.com/a/http://imgur.com/a/MfAU3

sounds like a good idea

http://imgur.com/a/http://imgur.com/a/MfAU3

Perhaps...

So I got bored and thought I'd give the F9 some love before CRS-7 tomorrow morning. Hope it lands this time!

Well, it exploded at 2 minutes 19 seconds after lauch ;.; , because the capsule detached after passing the sonic barrier and collided with the second stage oxygen tank ... I hope your Dragon Trunk is sturdier than the real one :rolleyes:, so the launcher is safe ...

If you need the config file for a Merlin, I can hook you up- I just finished it up last night. Uses the stock LVT-45 model, but I figure you can take care of that... XD

*figures out you're going for a 3.75m diameter Falcon 9, not the 2.5m size I use for my Falcon 9-a-like replica*

Woops. Excuse me while I config-mod some Skippers to match. This explains why my Falcon 9 replica felt so overpowered...

double-edit: Done!

Edited by Kagame
I am my own technical advisor. XD

If you need the config file for a Merlin, I can hook you up- I just finished it up last night. Uses the stock LVT-45 model, but I figure you can take care of that... XD

*figures out you're going for a 3.75m diameter Falcon 9, not the 2.5m size I use for my Falcon 9-a-like replica*

Woops. Excuse me while I config-mod some Skippers to match. This explains why my Falcon 9 replica felt so overpowered...

double-edit: Done!

I'm doing a 2.5m falcon 9...also sure I could use a config but I think the probe pack might come first since that is currently winning the poll. :)

So I got bored and thought I'd give the F9 some love before CRS-7 tomorrow morning. Hope it lands this time! :)

http://imgur.com/a/wGocY

Wow! This looks amazing! How many separate parts is that in?

- - - Updated - - -

If it makes any difference, I'd vote for the cargo dragon if it would let me (presumably locked out of polls bc all I do is lurk so to the site I'm no different than a bot).

I think the poll is over by now. And I don't remember if I voted, but I would've voted for the Cargo Dragon myself. But I'm glad the Falcon 9 is coming first!

Wow! This looks amazing! How many separate parts is that in?

- - - Updated - - -

I think the poll is over by now. And I don't remember if I voted, but I would've voted for the Cargo Dragon myself. But I'm glad the Falcon 9 is coming first!

Let me think.

-Second stage fuel tank

-Second stage engine

-Decoupler

-Grid fin

-First stage tank

-First stage engine

-Landing legs

So that means there are 7 parts. :)

The poll has until the 3rd but it looks like F9 will probably win.

Let me think.

-Second stage fuel tank

-Second stage engine

-Decoupler

-Grid fin

-First stage tank

-First stage engine

-Landing legs

So that means there are 7 parts. :)

The poll has until the 3rd but it looks like F9 will probably win.

Please tell me it's 2.5m diameter.

He is!

I'm doing a 2.5m falcon 9..

- - - Updated - - -

Is the first stage engine a block that's just one part?

Also, when it's time for texturing, are you going to put a SpaceX logo on it, something more Kerbal, or nothing at all?

Edited by Z3R0_0NL1N3

The Falcon-9 first stage needs some kind of probe core integrated into it. Also, the engines should be all one part, but use the RAPIER engine switch module to switch from all engines to the center one only. That would save on memory by eliminating 8 parts entirely. If you could make a SHERPA for the Cargo Dragon, that would be great. I have some name suggestions: SHEEP for the SHERPA and Elon (in honor of Elon Musk) for the Cargo Dragon.

So the poll is pretty much over so this is how things will go.

1. Falcon 9

2. Probe pack

3. Rodan IVA

4. Cargo Dragon

5. Release?

Is the first stage engine a block that's just one part?

Also, when it's time for texturing, are you going to put a SpaceX logo on it, something more Kerbal, or nothing at all?

Probably, to save hassle when putting it together kind of like how Beale has an engine block for the soyuz.

Indeed.

The Falcon-9 first stage needs some kind of probe core integrated into it. Also, the engines should be all one part, but use the RAPIER engine switch module to switch from all engines to the center one only. That would save on memory by eliminating 8 parts entirely. If you could make a SHERPA for the Cargo Dragon, that would be great. I have some name suggestions: SHEEP for the SHERPA and Elon (in honor of Elon Musk) for the Cargo Dragon.

It'll probably have some type of probe core in it so you can land the first stage with something like FMRS. Is it possible to do that with the RAPIER engine switch module? I'll think about the SHERPA when I get to the Cargo Dragon and thanks for some of the name suggestions!

It'll probably have some type of probe core in it so you can land the first stage with something like FMRS. Is it possible to do that with the RAPIER engine switch module? I'll think about the SHERPA when I get to the Cargo Dragon and thanks for some of the name suggestions!

This mod did it, so it must be possible. Will the Falcon 9 be modelled after the Falcon 9 V1, V1.1, or the next one (V1.2?)?

This mod did it, so it must be possible. Will the Falcon 9 be modelled after the Falcon 9 V1, V1.1, or the next one (V1.2?)?

Thanks I'll check that out once I get to the config part of it and I am doing v1.1.