[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

I had up until now 4 launches with crewed Rodan capsule on Ghidorah 9 rocket and all were successful. Nice and easy rocket to fly and Rodan is really becoming my workhorse for LKO and transfer of Kerbals to Mun station. Trunk is feeling a bit lonely though as I don't have anything useful to put inside, but after I return my crew from Duna I plan to install TAC LS mod, so there will be something for trunk section to do, other then provide electrical power.

Still haven't tried to recover 1st stage of Ghidorah though, but I expect to try it soon.

Well, I really like this mod but... the capsule hurts my computer's performance by quite a bit... I've not got a very good computer, but it usually runs better than when I use Rodan! Also, the top of the capsule with the cap and whatnot... I have yet to find a practical docking port that will fit in there correctly.

I use the docking port that comes with the SDHI Orion mod, it includes a parachute so you actually have both the docking port and the backup parachute covered with 1 part.

I had up until now 4 launches with crewed Rodan capsule on Ghidorah 9 rocket and all were successful. Nice and easy rocket to fly and Rodan is really becoming my workhorse for LKO and transfer of Kerbals to Mun station. Trunk is feeling a bit lonely though as I don't have anything useful to put inside, but after I return my crew from Duna I plan to install TAC LS mod, so there will be something for trunk section to do, other then provide electrical power.

Still haven't tried to recover 1st stage of Ghidorah though, but I expect to try it soon.

If you have procedural parts you could put an additional tank in there, that's what I'm doing for extended range. :)

So I restarted the main pod texture because I honestly did not like it. It was a bit messy TBH. Luckily I made a better UV map and texturing is going well in the first 10 minutes!

nAF3DVK.png

EDIT: Btw I made a new logo. It's in the OP.

Edited by tygoo7

All looking very nice, friend! Very excited for the cargo dragon.

Thanks!

Dragon looks so cute! Chance for RO configs anytime soon~?

Not too sure on RO configs. Someone else would have to make them because I'm not familiar with RO.

Well I guess after this you'll get to the Rodan IVA.

*Cries off knowing that Duna base will have to wait longer* XD

Still the Cargo Dragon looks epic my friend!

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Will you be making a falcon Heavy as well?

Some progress on the Cargo Dragon...

vmwGdvp.png

Well I guess after this you'll get to the Rodan IVA.

*Cries off knowing that Duna base will have to wait longer* XD

Still the Cargo Dragon looks epic my friend!

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Will you be making a falcon Heavy as well?

Haha don't worry my friend, IVA is only a texture away from being ported into Unity, so it won't be long after the Cargo Dragon release.

Don't know about the Falcon Heavy since it's literally just 2 F9s strapped on the sides. :P

Some moar progress...texturing is going pretty well.

CANcUiH.png

both cargo Dragon and Rodan IVA look fantastic.

PS: Have you thought of a name for cargo Dragon?

Thanks! Naming usually comes during the config part of the process so atm, no.

Looking really good. :)

Thanks!

Huzzah! Is there a way to integrate the shroud into the solar panel itself and just have it decouple on a staging event?

I have no idea, I think it is possible, but I'm probably just going with a decoupler module.

I'm streaming current development if anyone wants to join. Thought it would be fun to stream so if any of you want to join, here's the link!

http://www.twitch.tv/tygoo7

EDIT: Streams over, since no one was watching. I'll probably do more development streams in the future though. Probably when I'm texturing the IVA or something.

Edited by tygoo7