[OLD]Tundra Exploration

tygoo7

2 minutes ago, DerpyFirework said:

Hope you don't mind me asking, but where did you get that landing zone from? It's something I've always wanted at KSC and I have never seen a mod which adds one

KSC++ by Lack, I think. Not sure though.

4 hours ago, OccupyMarsNow said:

Same here. Perhaps make the texture switchable via Firespitter?

BTW, I understand that switching between 1-, 3- and 9-engine modes are not likely to happen, but would it be possible to have a patch for 3- and 9-engine switching? 

I'll see what I can do. 

4 hours ago, DerpyFirework said:

Hope you don't mind me asking, but where did you get that landing zone from? It's something I've always wanted at KSC and I have never seen a mod which adds one

That's a long story, I got the landing zone from 

Then I edited the texture with the logo from Tygoo. I added a config so it works with Kerbal Konstruct.

On 4. 3. 2017 at 9:47 PM, damonvv said:

Then I edited the texture with the logo from Tygoo. I added a config so it works with Kerbal Konstruct.

Could you share that config with us? I have the landing zone from Launchers Pack but having it as a structure, not just as a part would be great.

4 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

Could you share that config with us? I have the landing zone from Launchers Pack but having it as a structure, not just as a part would be great.

Sure! I made some changes to the original config so it sits right next to the launch pad with a decent distance.
I think once you put this config in the /Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX_LandingZone1 folder it should put the landing zone ingame already. If not you know how KK works I hope xd

Link do download: (I don't know where else to put it): OneDrive

Spoiler

hakm42P.png

Edited by damonvv

On 3/5/2017 at 7:42 PM, Jivaii said:

The probes don't have any signal connection for control?

I knew I forgot something! I'll fix it in a couple days, until then just place a small antenna on the probes.

7 hours ago, damonvv said:

Sure! I made some changes to the original config so it sits right next to the launch pad with a decent distance.
I think once you put this config in the /Launchers Pack/Rockets/SpaceX_LandingZone1 folder it should put the landing zone ingame already. If not you know how KK works I hope xd

Link do download: (I don't know where else to put it): OneDrive

Reveal hidden contents

hakm42P.png

Tnx. I already wanted to do something like this with the LZ-1 but I'm terrible at modding. 

5 hours ago, notJebKerman said:

Tnx. I already wanted to do something like this with the LZ-1 but I'm terrible at modding. 

Let me know in a PM if it worked or not, I can help you with it if you want!

9 hours ago, tygoo7 said:

I knew I forgot something! I'll fix it in a couple days, until then just place a small antenna on the probes.

Don't forget the EVA bug on the Rodan command pod :wink:, for some reason you can't enter it.

Edited by damonvv

For some reason when reentering Kerbin's atmosphere in my game, the Dragon V2 is unable to stay at an attitude which keeps it's heat shield pointed retrograde. About a quarter of the way through reentry, the craft begins a lopsided dive through the atmosphere and subsequently burns up and explodes. This was not a problem before the revamp update. I have nothing added to the craft that would cause such aerodynamic instability, just two stock radial parachutes evenly placed on either side of the craft, and a stock docking port underneath the shroud. I am using stock aero. This is a shame because the post-revamp Dragon V2 is absolutely gorgeous. 

2 hours ago, GabeD416 said:

For some reason when reentering Kerbin's atmosphere in my game, the Dragon V2 is unable to stay at an attitude which keeps it's heat shield pointed retrograde. About a quarter of the way through reentry, the craft begins a lopsided dive through the atmosphere and subsequently burns up and explodes. This was not a problem before the revamp update. I have nothing added to the craft that would cause such aerodynamic instability, just two stock radial parachutes evenly placed on either side of the craft, and a stock docking port underneath the shroud. I am using stock aero. This is a shame because the post-revamp Dragon V2 is absolutely gorgeous. 

Confirmed. I'll try to figure out a fix for the next update.

@tygoo7, could you see about giving each nozzle on the first stage F9 engine a gimbalTransform? Right now, it seems the gimbal acts on one transform with all thrust transforms attached to that transform, which means roll is not possible. You could also add the mesh as a child to the gimbalTransform which would then animate it (ie. moves with gimbal), and you could do the same with the second stage engine. Would make the Falcon 9 pretty much perfect then!

If you're not too sure about how to set this up, I'll be willing to help.

(Sorry if this seems demanding, I'm not very good at communication)

Really like the new kerbalized Dragon (Rodan). Just ran a mission with it and the docking port shroud caused some problems... Could there be a non-shroud or a flip 180 degree option?

On 3/10/2017 at 11:50 AM, DerpyFirework said:

@tygoo7, could you see about giving each nozzle on the first stage F9 engine a gimbalTransform? Right now, it seems the gimbal acts on one transform with all thrust transforms attached to that transform, which means roll is not possible. You could also add the mesh as a child to the gimbalTransform which would then animate it (ie. moves with gimbal), and you could do the same with the second stage engine. Would make the Falcon 9 pretty much perfect then!

If you're not too sure about how to set this up, I'll be willing to help.

(Sorry if this seems demanding, I'm not very good at communication)

It should be pretty simple to set this up so I'll see what I can do.

13 hours ago, helaeon said:

Really like the new kerbalized Dragon (Rodan). Just ran a mission with it and the docking port shroud caused some problems... Could there be a non-shroud or a flip 180 degree option?

Probably not. The new 90 degree shroud is a design choice and changing it would require me to change the mesh and animation. A non-shroud would look weird because it wouldn't be aerodynamic. An easy solution is to add an adapter to your ship you are docking with so the shroud doesn't get in the way.

Hey man! Great work. Just having some problems with the Rodan capsule. When I go EVA and try to comeback inside the capsule i can't, it just throws the poor Jebediah away. Any ways to solve it? 

Edited by EdsonMacields
Misspell

52 minutes ago, EdsonMacields said:

Hey man! Great work. Just having some problems with the Rodan capsule. When I go IVA and try to comeback inside the capsule i can't, it just throws the poor Jebediah away. Any ways to solve it? 

Can you elaborate please?

22 minutes ago, tygoo7 said:

Can you elaborate please?

Sorry, it was EVA not IVA lol.

But basically when a kerbal is EVA and tryto climb back in, they can't, there's no ladder to grab on to and using the EVA pack you cannot board the capsule through the hatch either.

1 hour ago, EdsonMacields said:

Sorry, it was EVA not IVA lol.

But basically when a kerbal is EVA and tryto climb back in, they can't, there's no ladder to grab on to and using the EVA pack you cannot board the capsule through the hatch either.

Yeah there are some problems with the hatch in the current version. It'll be fixed in an upcoming version.