[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,061 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

Guys just as a reminder the 0.25 project on github is a project not a proper release for 0.25, it's VERY unfinished and parts of it are totally not-final and mayt look weird or wrong, if you want to try it out however, just DL the master, open it, and drag the RVE folder into gamedata. you'll need the latest overhaul zip for EVE, but dont need any textures from it, and you'll need rss with the RSS textures you wish, as was the case for the 0.22 version

Guys just as a reminder the 0.25 project on github is a project not a proper release for 0.25, it's VERY unfinished and parts of it are totally not-final and mayt look weird or wrong, if you want to try it out however, just DL the master, open it, and drag the RVE folder into gamedata. you'll need the latest overhaul zip for EVE, but dont need any textures from it, and you'll need rss with the RSS textures you wish, as was the case for the 0.22 version

Thank you. So that is how you should install it. Well it works for sure but crashed instantly from a launch pad ^^; I guess we just gotta wait till 0.25 gets stable. Damn I wish to play with some visual improvements for RSS/RO.

Figured out why the shadows are off, Fixed it in the mainline. :)

Brilliant! Thank you so much, ever get the chance to separate the ground distance haze from the 2D layers in the atmo shader btw?

Thanks again :)

Really can't wait for the next, fully working version. :) RSS just isn't the same without this mod.

Thank you it means allot, but rbray is really the one to thank, as I will always assert.

There is a lot in store for this mod and a great deal of potential for awesomeness with the overhaul series! I can't either :D

Really can't wait for the next, fully working version. :) RSS just isn't the same without this mod.

Completely agree! I decided to wait till RVE will be working properly for 0.25 together with RO Career one day :D

I wonder. Would PlanetShine mod work with this?

EDIT: Whelp I need help! This is what I keep on seeing when loading/starting new career :/ Using 0.25 version of RVE - http://i.imgur.com/NvaPly8.jpg I guess I installed it incorrectly :/ Could anyone help me install the 0.25 version please?

In PlanetShine there is a custom config file that you can install to make it work with RSS.

In PlanetShine there is a custom config file that you can install to make it work with RSS.

Thanks Valerian for making such a pretty mod :) I'd been running shine with RVE in RSS for some time, but haven't got around to actually testing it's effect on orbiting craft, though I can say it caused no noticable bugs.

Just one question does it work only in ScaledSpace or also in PQS?

Some more rudimentary cloud detail testing. Using very unrefined cloud satellite images (hence state boarder lines etc). Still getting detail scale decided upon, and cloud masks figured out for the different cloud types. Cloud detail wrapping distortion is proving to be a big issue on RSS for high detail textures (especially with a large scale). Also detail shadows no longer working..

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Some more rudimentary cloud detail testing. Using very unrefined cloud satellite images (hence state boarder lines etc). Still getting detail scale decided upon, and cloud masks figured out for the different cloud types. Cloud detail wrapping distortion is proving to be a big issue on RSS for high detail textures (especially with a large scale). Also detail shadows no longer working..

http://imgur.com/a/myUQ4

Any ideas why the detail for cloud shadows broke? I can't think of a reason why they should have...

I was actually thinking about the detail application recently, and think I have a solution in the works.

Any ideas why the detail for cloud shadows broke? I can't think of a reason why they should have...

I was actually thinking about the detail application recently, and think I have a solution in the works.

I think they may have actually worked before you made changes to get them working (which is my fault for saying they weren't before).

I actually noticed them not working after grabbing that fix.. sorry my bad.

That'd be great, currently the problem means I have to use black on the city dark texture, which looks odd on the terminators. With transparency there's loads of underlying repetition.

also, noticed you've been making some more frequent updates, good to cya back in biz! :D

I think they may have actually worked before you made changes to get them working (which is my fault for saying they weren't before).

I actually noticed them not working after grabbing that fix.. sorry my bad.

That'd be great, currently the problem means I have to use black on the city dark texture, which looks odd on the terminators. With transparency there's loads of underlying repetition.

also, noticed you've been making some more frequent updates, good to cya back in biz! :D

I think I see the issue... They might be "working" but not even close to being aligned with the clouds, and likely very fuzzy?

I think I see the issue... They might be "working" but not even close to being aligned with the clouds, and likely very fuzzy?

No, I think if you're looking at the screens I just posted, that's just the terrain texture in the ocean or the cloud missalignment, might be something on my end though, something in the config maybe?

After watching the new screenshots I tried again to install this mod, but no clouds again.

So to find where's the problem I tried to install just EveOverhaul 9-2 in a vanilla KSP (no RSS) on Linux x64 without pingopete's mod and it shows no clouds, too. Am I doing something wrong?

After watching the new screenshots I tried again to install this mod, but no clouds again.

So to find where's the problem I tried to install just EveOverhaul 9-2 in a vanilla KSP (no RSS) on Linux x64 without pingopete's mod and it shows no clouds, too. Am I doing something wrong?

I haven't included any feature from the recent screens in any of the github projects yet, still waayyy to buggy. Also I haven't been able to test on linux at all, sorry.

But looks like the problem isn't related to your mod.

Seems to be related to EveOverhaul, which is by rbray89 (I think)... Maybe this is the wrong place to report.

Should I post the log to be more useful?

I'm not too good at reading logs, I think if it's linux related rbray might be the one to talk to, but for any other bugs or glitches, me first, most often it's my mod that causes them, same goes for RSS problems :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.