[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

Hi, there is a problem on 25 version, put RVE for 25 version and on the equator here's the problem

from EVE left only the plugins and the configuration file is replaced

http://c2n.me/3aglLS7.jpg

http://c2n.me/3agl1kY.png

Hi that's a known side effect of the new detail system I was testing out in that version. You can try using a less 'un-detailed' (double intended) gloabl cloud mask, which'd make the repetition considerable less obvious but wouldn't fix the mirroring at the equator.

In the current setup I'm working on I've rolled back to the older 'normal' way of doing cloud detail, I.e Hi-res mask with smaller texture

Edited by pingopete

stupid question of course, but still ask.

What about the timing of the output is relatively stable version?):cool:

I'm gonna put up a project release soon (not tonight) as I'm fairly pleased with the look of atmosphere from ground and space at least, mid ground is pretty awful still though:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

New terminology: Project release = In no way finished, but reached a point I feel is moderately usable for those who wan't to try out new dev features (i.e. accepting it's got tons of bugs still)

Looking GREAT.......

Looks like finally a good reason to by second card to go with 690....

cheers.

Also, where does the sun_flare.tex.dds go????

thanks.

Just uploaded my current one, as a shared assets, so just put into ksp_data.

EDIT: also a 690 is easily adiquate enough, ksp's pretty bad at evenly loading usage to gpu's, they're certainly not utilized as much as they could be, let alone enough to justify a 690 SLI :P But by all means that'd be epic as hell :cool:

Edited by pingopete

*Thinks how to squeeze more RAM from my computer while dreaming of 64 bit KSP* It looks beautiful and would really like to use it. I just need a bit more RAM.

If your dreaming of WinX64 then that had to be a complete nightmare lol. As for your ram... If you have a small amount of ram ( say 4gb ) installed in your pc then you WILL want to up it to atleast 8. It won't help for KSP ( it might help stability a bit if your pc is running out of memory before the 32bit application is ) but for everything else you need atleast 8gb these days.

If your dreaming of WinX64 then that had to be a complete nightmare lol. As for your ram... If you have a small amount of ram ( say 4gb ) installed in your pc then you WILL want to up it to atleast 8. It won't help for KSP ( it might help stability a bit if your pc is running out of memory before the 32bit application is ) but for everything else you need atleast 8gb these days.

I am on a Mac so at this point I am just either deleting more parts or finding just a little more RAM from somewhere. One day I can run this :)

I am on a Mac so at this point I am just either deleting more parts or finding just a little more RAM from somewhere. One day I can run this :)

Memory reduction, and increased stability/cpu accessibility are at the top of my priority list, trust me I know the pain :P

pingopete,

I am still a little confuzzzzed regarding atmosphere(s) and how they are created / shown versus clouds...

Where is something that i can read or go over to try and clear the clouds out of my head...

lol....

Cheers.

I'm sorry, I don't fully understand what you're asking..

There is a new dedicated atmosphere shader I'm using here, that is separate from the 2D cloud layer system

EDIT: feel free to jump on #RVEdev if you wanna have a discussion about something in particular or wan't answers fast :)

Hey, what is the name of the mod like this, that adds city lights to the stock Kerbin?

Environmental Visual Enhancements

A̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶p̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶?̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶g̶i̶t̶h̶u̶b̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶k̶y̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶l̶i̶e̶v̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶

Was total noob status and didn't look at the README.md :D

S̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶u̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶G̶U̶I̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶E̶V̶E̶ ̶O̶v̶e̶r̶h̶u̶a̶l̶?̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶ ̶E̶V̶E̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶

Did it again :Dwith some reading I found that it was Alt+E

Edited by Sippyfrog

Environmental Visual Enhancements

A̶l̶s̶o̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶t̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶s̶i̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶s̶t̶e̶p̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶?̶ ̶I̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶r̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶g̶i̶t̶h̶u̶b̶ ̶r̶e̶p̶o̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶o̶k̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶n̶k̶y̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶m̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶l̶i̶e̶v̶e̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶i̶n̶s̶t̶a̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶r̶o̶n̶g̶

Was total noob status and didn't look at the README.md :D

S̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶g̶u̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶q̶u̶e̶s̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶o̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶G̶U̶I̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶E̶V̶E̶ ̶O̶v̶e̶r̶h̶u̶a̶l̶?̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶r̶m̶a̶l̶ ̶E̶V̶E̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶

Did it again :Dwith some reading I found that it was Alt+E

Thanks, considering using it for my space shuttle build.

Trying as much as I could, there was just no way for me to get everything under the 3.5 gB limit with RVE installed, so I'm going to have to wait until the house is wired and I can use Ubuntu again, or until a stable 64 bit KSP comes out :/

Trying as much as I could, there was just no way for me to get everything under the 3.5 gB limit with RVE installed, so I'm going to have to wait until the house is wired and I can use Ubuntu again, or until a stable 64 bit KSP comes out :/

Yeah at the moment it's incredibly unstable with RVE and it's resolution and number of textures, and I haven't even done the majority yet :/

By the way did you have any luck incorporating normal textures in details?

Robotengineer: Have you tried running RVE? It'd be useful to know how it handles it in its currently heavy cpu-use state

Edited by pingopete

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.