[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

I strongly urge you to persue a linux installation. Ive been using linux for 64bit ksp for around 3 months now. It takes a massive load off the ram micromanagement that seems to linger over ones shoulder when running 32bit.

As for the linux "crt tearing' issues. Here are some screenshots.

Also including my CSS RO config that should hopefully be ready for next RO release :D

http://imgur.com/a/gmrgB

And heres the reason i use linux.

http://i.imgur.com/ZJZJhpo.png

Yes I have an addiction to mods, send help!

Thanks, looking like a primary format atm :/ but that's.. in a way.. my fault.. i guess :P

Nice pictures btw, also I have some customisation of the shuttle you may wan't I moved the ET-Shuttle attachment node to the engine block, rides perfectly smooth now, now wobbling and need for struts except 1 or 2 at the top. I'll PM you if you wan't the node values!

Just a general note, when downloading EVE Overhaul, you don't download the repo. rbray kindly uploads a zip every time he commits something.

1. Go here: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/tree/Overhaul

2. Look at the list of files. Note x86-release.zip and x64-release.zip at the bottom?

3. Download the correct one (click on it, then click "view raw")

when you say "Remove any prexisting textures and configs from bouldedCo folder (All required stuff is provided in RVE folder)." does that mean i delete the bulder co folder as a whole?

Yes, unless you're using ATM which has some files in the BoulderCo folder.

Yes, unless you're using ATM which has some files in the BoulderCo folder.

Alright i did that and i installed the necessary eve overhaul files, and then i moved the RVE and your Eve file and let it over right the old one, I started the game and still no clouds or anything. I dont have any builderCO files or anything, Im using the 4096 something textures for real solar system, could that be the problem?

Alright i did that and i installed the necessary eve overhaul files, and then i moved the RVE and your Eve file and let it over right the old one, I started the game and still no clouds or anything. I dont have any builderCO files or anything, Im using the 4096 something textures for real solar system, could that be the problem?

That's weird.. if you could jump on the IIRC channel: RVEdev I can help trouble shoot

Hi. Are you interested in sound enhancements? I'm wondering if you would produce a mod for it after completing RVE. I'm an audio engineering student, and willing to help if needed. Thanks.

I would love too, it'd work well with KerbQuake mod too I think for stuff like re-entries and so on, but yeah kinda got my hands full atm with RVE :P

Hello to all,

@pingopete, I am using this wonderful mod for my RSS setups. Many thanks... I am looking at the 1/10th system and I am having 'issues' with the atmosphere setups...

Have you looked at this version of rss at all? and if so, do you have a config fixer that would work or do you have advice / info on what all I will need to change.

I use all of the rve stuff, but have never modified or tweaked it...

thanks in advance.

Hello to all,

@pingopete, I am using this wonderful mod for my RSS setups. Many thanks... I am looking at the 1/10th system and I am having 'issues' with the atmosphere setups...

Have you looked at this version of rss at all? and if so, do you have a config fixer that would work or do you have advice / info on what all I will need to change.

I use all of the rve stuff, but have never modified or tweaked it...

thanks in advance.

If you could wait a little while until RVE is more stable, I'll have a config for 1/10th RSS and 0.3x RSS. I said to Pingo a little while back on the IRC that I'd handle alternate configs once it becomes more stable.

If you can't wait, however, you can go into the RVE RSS config and change the AtmosphereFromGround settings to match the altitude changes of the atmosphere, and in-game hit Alt+E to bring up the EVE menu to change cloud altitudes.

Hope this helps!

I would love too, it'd work well with KerbQuake mod too I think for stuff like re-entries and so on, but yeah kinda got my hands full atm with RVE :P

I dying for some more realistic sounding engines. Booster and all. i will be keeping an eye out for this and If I can help as well.

If you could wait a little while until RVE is more stable, I'll have a config for 1/10th RSS and 0.3x RSS. I said to Pingo a little while back on the IRC that I'd handle alternate configs once it becomes more stable.

If you can't wait, however, you can go into the RVE RSS config and change the AtmosphereFromGround settings to match the altitude changes of the atmosphere, and in-game hit Alt+E to bring up the EVE menu to change cloud altitudes.

Hope this helps!

Fantastic.

I thank you for the reply, info and 'how to'...

I will have a go at tinkering with it, best way to learn about something is to break it.... Then reload and try again.

I will be looking forward to your configs when all is done and you have time to do them.

Many thanks to you, pingopete and all..

Cheers.

Fantastic.

I thank you for the reply, info and 'how to'...

I will have a go at tinkering with it, best way to learn about something is to break it.... Then reload and try again.

I will be looking forward to your configs when all is done and you have time to do them.

Many thanks to you, pingopete and all..

Cheers.

That is the best way to learn IMO! Tinker away! :D

With how things are progressing right now, I'd say another month or two before I'll have some configs up. RVE is (fairly) stable right now. We need to hold on for rbray to fix up the overhaul first, though. Hopefully not too long!

Thanks, looking like a primary format atm :/ but that's.. in a way.. my fault.. i guess :P

Nice pictures btw, also I have some customisation of the shuttle you may wan't I moved the ET-Shuttle attachment node to the engine block, rides perfectly smooth now, now wobbling and need for struts except 1 or 2 at the top. I'll PM you if you wan't the node values!

Ooooh Pingopete you know I was blabbering on about the issue about how between about 50km to the end of the atmosphere (approx. 126km) the screen of the game looks like an old cathode-ray-tube tv with the horizontal lines? And I said i'de post screenshots but my ubuntu OS broke and I then had exams and all that, well the post by advice_dawgg, that's exactly the problem. It seems to be a linux thing since advice_dawgg is also on linux.

Thanks dawgg for posting the pics :)

Ooooh Pingopete you know I was blabbering on about the issue about how between about 50km to the end of the atmosphere (approx. 126km) the screen of the game looks like an old cathode-ray-tube tv with the horizontal lines? And I said i'de post screenshots but my ubuntu OS broke and I then had exams and all that, well the post by advice_dawgg, that's exactly the problem. It seems to be a linux thing since advice_dawgg is also on linux.

Thanks dawgg for posting the pics :)

Indeed I have found the exact same bug on linux myself :)

Indeed I have found the exact same bug on linux myself :)

Any idea on the fix? Initially it just seems like a v-sync thing, since normally problems with v-sync cause horizontal lines, but something tells me it's more complicated than that :P

When was any of this simple eh?

Any idea on the fix? Initially it just seems like a v-sync thing, since normally problems with v-sync cause horizontal lines, but something tells me it's more complicated than that :P

When was any of this simple eh?

There's definately something weird with EVE and Linux, it's not just this..

Somemore testing thanks to Linux running at 9.8 GB :D

Javascript is disabled. View full album

There's definately something weird with EVE and Linux, it's not just this..

Somemore testing thanks to Linux running at 9.8 GB :D

There is a problem with titan's cloud now. They are totally missing. I downloaded RVE yesterday and venus clouds are now awesome.

Is saturn supposed to have rings now?

Keep up the good work!! This is the mod that make RSS and RO worth to be looked at.

Sweet baby Jeb, that looks stunning..

Grats on the linux success :D

Thanks! It's working wonders! :)

There is a problem with titan's cloud now. They are totally missing. I downloaded RVE yesterday and venus clouds are now awesome.

Is saturn supposed to have rings now?

Keep up the good work!! This is the mod that make RSS and RO worth to be looked at.

I literally haven't even addressed titan and most other planets yet, I've done some preliminary work on Saturn & Uranus' rings with kitopia, you'll need to DL the latest kitopiatech to see them.

And thanks, makes it worth doing, stuff like that :)

Edited by pingopete

Thanks for your awesome mod, again!

I'm trying now your new build under Ubuntu 14.04. Most of things works good, but sometimes Earth become very laggy - strange glitches appear on all planet in Scaled Space view. And clouds sometimes hang my laptop (GT630M, Core i5-3210M, 8 GB RAM) - when my capsule reached height of 11 km above the surface after deorbiting, 100% of first core of processor was in work and game completely freezes.

Are this problems only on Linux or they're because laptop isn't powerful?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.