[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,061 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

hi guys!!!

the other day I was wondering something and I don't know if you are working on it pingopete (or if anyone else is) but thought it'd be cool (sorry if this is not the place to be asking this): how would one go about trying to recreate the shadow that Saturn casts on its rings to render them invisible when blocking the sun? is this something that could be done?

saturn20131017.jpg

hi guys!!!

the other day I was wondering something and I don't know if you are working on it pingopete (or if anyone else is) but thought it'd be cool (sorry if this is not the place to be asking this): how would one go about trying to recreate the shadow that Saturn casts on its rings to render them invisible when blocking the sun? is this something that could be done?

http://www.nasa.gov/sites/default/files/saturn20131017.jpg

I plan on adding this as an option.

I plan on adding this as an option.

Awesome! Are you gonna have a ring system in EVE at some point?! :D

I spoke to K-Creator (who works on kittopiaSpace that provides rings) about this exact thing - body shadowing on rings and ring shadows on bodies; he said he'd look into it but I haven't heard much since.

pZSU6MT.png

I was able to roughly get some ring shadows onto planets by creating an shadowed but invisible-otherwise cloud layer at the rings, though it only worked in one direction, this would be great to add in EVE if rings were to be added as there is already a beautiful shadow system rbray has added :)

Awesome! Are you gonna have a ring system in EVE at some point?! :D

I spoke to K-Creator (who works on kittopiaSpace that provides rings) about this exact thing - body shadowing on rings and ring shadows on bodies; he said he'd look into it but I haven't heard much since.

http://i.imgur.com/pZSU6MT.png

I was able to roughly get some ring shadows onto planets by creating an shadowed but invisible-otherwise cloud layer at the rings, though it only worked in one direction, this would be great to add in EVE if rings were to be added as there is already a beautiful shadow system rbray has added :)

That's the plan!

....wowsers. :)

Pingopete: Are your cfgs synced with github? I was going to make a pass fixing some MM issues in them, but don't want to do it to out of date configs... :]

uhhh nooooo sorry, please don't wait on me though, I have allot of updating to do in the near future :P.. (or would you need too, and is that the point?) my RSS configs on git aren't even updated to RSS 10.1 :S :blush:

Edited by pingopete

I've been tracking progress of this amazing mod for some time. Now in 1.0.4 I tried to install it albeit with little result. Can someone write precise instructions what files to download and how to install them. GitHub is overwhelming.

Pingopete, you are awesome, but please, adjust instructions in the readme so I don't have to think through every sentence for 15 minutes.

I've successfully installed RSS countless times. What seems to be the issue?
i'm afraid i have to admit, the issue is me lol

i just mean to share that idea that passed throught my head, i just thought it's easier to share the gamedata folder, sort of plug-n-play

don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining, crying or anything like this :)

I read the post twice, and still counldn't find the dl, also, the thing where you said that you'll take down dls, is that only for the dev ver? Or also for the 0.2.1 "Stable" Version? Which would explain why I can't find it.

I'm just terrible at finding DL links, sorry.

I read the post twice, and still counldn't find the dl, also, the thing where you said that you'll take down dls, is that only for the dev ver? Or also for the 0.2.1 "Stable" Version? Which would explain why I can't find it.

I'm just terrible at finding DL links, sorry.

its a little tricky in github for us we don't use it, I also spent a generous amount of minutes trying to figure out the readme.md and the downloads.

on the right hand side of the screen you have a download button that reads 'Download ZIP'... thats the zip you are looking for, the "master.zip" quoted in the instructions

its a little tricky in github for us we don't use it, I also spent a generous amount of minutes trying to figure out the readme.md and the downloads.

on the right hand side of the screen you have a download button that reads 'Download ZIP'... thats the zip you are looking for, the "master.zip" quoted in the instructions

I can't find the github link... That's what I meant.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.