[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,061 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

Also moccollo sweet shots :) When are you gonna do another RSS-epic? :D Oh and nice boosters and tank texture mind if I ask where you got em?

Thanks :) The parts are from my "Spice Launch System" mod. When they are done I might use it to a manned mission to Mars, one that isn't silly and ludicrous. I don't think I can top the Venus video though.

Keep up the good work on this mod! RSS is just not the same without it.

Edited by maccollo

Thanks :) The parts are from my "Spice Launch System" mod. When they are done I might use it to a manned mission to Mars, one that isn't silly and ludicrous. I don't think I can top the Venus video though.

Keep up the good work on this mod! RSS is just not the same without it.

Thank you! I'll try to get some other planets done soon so you can do some more vids :D and yeah.. maybe not.. that venus one was epic as hell!!

When New Horizons flew past Pluto, it found a thin atmosphere creating a thin reddish haze close to the surface: https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/nasa-s-new-horizons-team-finds-haze-flowing-ice-on-pluto Just throwing out an idea

Anyway, can't wait for a release, I just can't play ksp without EVE. If there is anything I can do to help, just let me know.

Point noted, and sure bro!

How did you get detail textures working in scaledspace? This is the one thing I can't seem to get working on Windows.

This feature doesn't work with the windows version due to it using outdated EVE .dlls (done for a number of reasons). I'm working on updating the windows version to use the latest overhaul but having cloud shadows is quite memory intensive so need to do some memory reduction yet

Hey there pingopete!

I asked about how to get a sunflare in KSP 1.0.4 in this thread, and was quickly directed here by mecripp. Do you have any sharedassets9 files with the AVE or KSPRC sunflares? Feel free to PM me about this if I don't understand the shard assets files correctly or you want to keep your thread on topic.

I use Kscale2 as well, don't know if that matters.

Have you got multiple cloud config files running?

Only the two provided with your installation package and they are unaltered. I am not aware of any other config files, but I do not have any mods installed which could/would provide one. And afaik, RSS an RO don't have any.

UPDATE: Wenn I hit ALT-E in the game main menue, most of the graphical glitches are gone, except for two thing: Texture alignment error at the equator and a lot of clouds (see below). I am using Windows 10 with 32 bit KSP. Or are the clouds ok?

nRt7r0S.jpg

Those clouds look normal to me, but actually fly around in the game. The title screen doesn't give you a good impression.

I tried this one, and it seems to be working well enough, for Earth at least. But none of the other planets have anything and the sun's lensflare is far too big. Will continue to tweak.

Pete hasn't really implemented much of anything for other planets yet, so that's expected.

is there still a link to the lower res texture pack ?

Sorry no that would only work for the older releases which I've now taken down due to far surpassed mod/game version requirements

EDIT: Testing out a new revised version of the city texture, now only 2K, properly tiled, added transparency.. believe it or not this was actually running on windows without OpenGL

CEoPJpy.png

FLZJcIR.png

Edited by pingopete

Sorry no that would only work for the older releases which I've now taken down due to far surpassed mod/game version requirements

EDIT: Testing out a new revised version of the city texture, now only 2K, properly tiled, added transparency.. believe it or not this was actually running on windows without OpenGL

http://i.imgur.com/CEoPJpy.png

http://i.imgur.com/FLZJcIR.png

Not too shabby pingo. I'm liking the horizon colours and fade gradients.

Not too shabby pingo. I'm liking the horizon colours and fade gradients.

Yeah I'm realising now just how broken Scatterer is on literally everything except stock KSP sized planets on Windows (without OpenGL).

Even then there is still some flickering over water which I think has something to do with the Mie scattering

Edited by pingopete

Where is the DL link? I can't find it in the post (I usually can't have to look 5+ times). Is it embedded in a picture or on CKAN?

EDIT: Never mind, you don't have it because mod is broken. I really want this though!

Download here. :cool:

Edited by hellblazer

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.