[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

How did you fix the low FPS issue with RVE + Scatterer? I commented out !cbNameLater and changed my CelestialBodyName to Earth but horrible FPS at KSC.

I had to comment out that namelater del line from RVE.cfg and instead dash out the equivalent line in RSS' kopernicus.cfg using that instead, then just using the stock scatterer configs provided (i.e. no RSS config) Still having some issues though with continents dissappearing when in space

I had to comment out that namelater del line from RVE.cfg and instead dash out the equivalent line in RSS' kopernicus.cfg using that instead, then just using the stock scatterer configs provided (i.e. no RSS config) Still having some issues though with continents dissappearing when in space

Well I wonder how much things are going to change with the transition to Unity 5.2. I for one can't wait for the release so i can go back to my Windows install which with DirectX just seems to run much faster. This mod is absolutely amazing though when everything is working.

Hello everyone :D I'm currently working on getting RVE to work/look properly with stock Kerbin (I hope you don't mind pingopete, I love your visuals, just not RSS) and I'm poking the City Night/Day textures right now and wanted to see what everyone thought about it. Keep in mind its still a WIP so let me know if you have any suggestions or recommendations. Thanks :)

fryq5W4.png

I know, its impossible to see the terrain when its night with EVE :(

hRAOog5.png

Hello everyone :D I'm currently working on getting RVE to work/look properly with stock Kerbin (I hope you don't mind pingopete, I love your visuals, just not RSS) and I'm poking the City Night/Day textures right now and wanted to see what everyone thought about it. Keep in mind its still a WIP so let me know if you have any suggestions or recommendations. Thanks :)

-sinp-

So, you're adapting a mod adapted from stock Kerbin to RSS, from RSS to stock Kerbin ? Seems legit :sticktongue:

So, you're adapting a mod adapted from stock Kerbin to RSS, from RSS to stock Kerbin ? Seems legit :sticktongue:

Yep :D:P

Edit:

Hey pingopete, quick question. What version of scatterer was the configs in the pack based off of? I keep getting odd layer pop-ins after I pass 110km. Is this just a bug of porting to stock or is it because of the new shaders?

Edited by Nhawks17

Yep :D:P

Edit:

Hey pingopete, quick question. What version of scatterer was the configs in the pack based off of? I keep getting odd layer pop-ins after I pass 110km. Is this just a bug of porting to stock or is it because of the new shaders?

0.0171, Btw nice work with stock Kerbin, I have litterally done no work on it before :P Layer pop-ins? Could you post some screens?

0.0171, Btw nice work with stock Kerbin, I have litterally done no work on it before :P Layer pop-ins? Could you post some screens?

The layer pop-ins is actually something going wrong with Scatterer for me. Nothing RVE has caused, it seems I'm the only one experiencing the issue so I'll just have to poke it more but I have some more screenshots :) Clouds are ~75% compatible with stock Kerbin, I'm having to edit the textures, there are lines where the "seams" of the clouds meet and there is an obvious transition as well as some weird volumetric issues. City textures are ~45% done, I'm having to draw those from scratch so it takes a bit. But here is how it looks so far :D

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The layer pop-ins is actually something going wrong with Scatterer for me. Nothing RVE has caused, it seems I'm the only one experiencing the issue so I'll just have to poke it more but I have some more screenshots :) Clouds are ~75% compatible with stock Kerbin, I'm having to edit the textures, there are lines where the "seams" of the clouds meet and there is an obvious transition as well as some weird volumetric issues. City textures are ~45% done, I'm having to draw those from scratch so it takes a bit. But here is how it looks so far :D

http://imgur.com/a/gg2WO

Oh.... my. Looks amazing Nhawks, keep it up!

Its all pingopete, he's the one that makes it look awesome I'm just messing with it :P I hope to have this fully compatible by the end of next week :D

Well of course I've already told Pete many times that his mod is amazing :D

pingopete, Nhawks17

I'd be more than willing to test anything out. I've messed around with it a little bit but usually roll my own EVE using Astronomers but I'm always drooling over the city textures :P If you have any specific things you need tested out or need any logs on anything just let me know.

Thanks for all the work you've done on this! :)

pingopete, Nhawks17

I'd be more than willing to test anything out. I've messed around with it a little bit but usually roll my own EVE using Astronomers but I'm always drooling over the city textures :P If you have any specific things you need tested out or need any logs on anything just let me know.

Actually, I could use some help on something, I'll PM you the details and a download in a little while.

Btw will Eve have any clouds to? same with jool

I have what pingopete currently has in his linux build and all thats there right now is Kerbin textures and "Venus" textures aka Eve which I 'might' be able to adapt to fit Eve. Other than that, I'm not sure. I might look into creating my own textures and configs for the other planets but it all depends on how much time I have.

Actually, I could use some help on something, I'll PM you the details and a download in a little while.

I have what pingopete currently has in his linux build and all thats there right now is Kerbin textures and "Venus" textures aka Eve which I 'might' be able to adapt to fit Eve. Other than that, I'm not sure. I might look into creating my own textures and configs for the other planets but it all depends on how much time I have.

Yeah this is why I was reluctant to work on a SVE myself simply as RVE focuses around replicating RSS planets' real life counterparts which aren't present in stock KSP

- - - Updated - - -

pingopete, Nhawks17

Thanks, when I get the updated windows version up I'll be looking for some feedback on performance from 32bit users :)

Edited by pingopete

Yeah this is why I was reluctant to work on a SVE myself simply as RVE focuses around replicating RSS planets' real life counterparts which aren't present in stock KSP

Yeah, I'll just have to see how it goes. Turning Venus' textures to fit Eve's purple tint shouldn't be that difficult but who knows what will happen.

Yeah, I'll just have to see how it goes. Turning Venus' textures to fit Eve's purple tint shouldn't be that difficult but who knows what will happen.

I know that sigma made a mod called Stock Recolour and i use it. Basically gives Jool Jupiters colors and Eve Venus's colors.

Sorry I've been super busy with stuff in RL lately :(

No worries, it just sounded like people were already toying around with a newer version, so I wondered if there was an alternative download location that I missed or somesuch :)

Take your time, I know how it feels to be swamped in RL stuff...

I know that sigma made a mod called Stock Recolour and i use it. Basically gives Jool Jupiters colors and Eve Venus's colors.

Yeah but I'd be making this for stock, wouldn't want to have to make people get an additional mod when I could adapt the colors to fit the stock planets.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.