[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

10 minutes ago, hellblazer said:

https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4

Download ZIP. Unzip. Place only the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements and RVE folders into the GameData folder. I personally remove the CityLights folder in the RVE section. And the the CityLights.dll in the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements section. I don't use the sharedassets9.assets 

I've never had a issue.

thx,the problem fixed.but I am using ubuntu,https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4/tree/Linux64,does this linux64 version can be used now?

2 hours ago, yryrs said:

thx,the problem fixed.but I am using ubuntu,https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4/tree/Linux64,does this linux64 version can be used now?

Are you on a 32 bit Linux OS?

38 minutes ago, John FX said:

Just so I`m sure, there currently is not a version which would run on RSS 1.0.5 win 32, only RSS 1.0.4 unless I run Linux?

No not the pruned down one, you can try the linux64 one though I've removed quite a lot of the textures recently so might work on 32bit KSP installs

42 minutes ago, pingopete said:

Are you on a 32 bit Linux OS?

No not the pruned down one, you can try the linux64 one though I've removed quite a lot of the textures recently so might work on 32bit KSP installs

I am on 64bit Ubuntu,and get problem with EVE.

2 minutes ago, yryrs said:

I am on 64bit Ubuntu,and get problem with EVE.

If you follow the readme.txt on the github tree and downloaded the specific zip for EVE-release.zip you might have pink surfaces and clouds as this version was updated some days ago and seems to have a problem with current RVE textures.

You might want to wait until the mod is updated and fixed. 

6 minutes ago, Theysen said:

If you follow the readme.txt on the github tree and downloaded the specific zip for EVE-release.zip you might have pink surfaces and clouds as this version was updated some days ago and seems to have a problem with current RVE textures.

You might want to wait until the mod is updated and fixed. 

thx,but game crash while loading,I have to remove EVE.

1 hour ago, pingopete said:

OK, I take it simply grabbing the smaller textures from the 32 bit version and copying over the 64 bit ones would not work.

Looks like I`m waiting for 1.1 then, hehe.

53 minutes ago, John FX said:

OK, I take it simply grabbing the smaller textures from the 32 bit version and copying over the 64 bit ones would not work.

Looks like I`m waiting for 1.1 then, hehe.

My point was you may be able to use the Linux64 version of RVE with windows 32, without many mods.. The Linux64 branch is just called that cos it uses likely to much memory for a reliable windows 32 bit playthrough.

1 hour ago, yryrs said:

thx,but game crash while loading,I have to remove EVE.

You may have installed wrong.. sure you have the right EVE version? This mod isn't released yet I only put the DL up for people willing to figure it out in their own time/via the install instructions I've given.. It's available for those who couldn't wait for a proper release and are willing to accept the inevitable bugs that an unfinished WIP project will inevitably contain (hence why it's WIP). If you're having issues then you probably installed wrong. Make sure you read the install instruction in the Github page and the forum OP in detail.

Edited by pingopete

17 minutes ago, pingopete said:

My point was you may be able to use the Linux64 version of RVE with windows 32, without many mods.. The Linux64 branch is just called that cos it uses likely to much memory for a reliable windows 32 bit playthrough.

Sorry if I was confusing, I understood that it was not a specific Linux version and just had larger textures so would run on windows but I am running a fair amount of mods so I wondered if the 1.0.5 version would work if I replaced the larger textures with the smaller textures from the 1.0.4 version to give a smaller memory footprint. If not then I`ll probably have to wait until I can use all my RAM.

Just now, John FX said:

Sorry if I was confusing, I understood that it was not a specific Linux version and just had larger textures so would run on windows but I am running a fair amount of mods so I wondered if the 1.0.5 version would work if I replaced the larger textures with the smaller textures from the 1.0.4 version to give a smaller memory footprint. If not then I`ll probably have to wait until I can use all my RAM.

Yeah that should work as long as they're all named the same. If you're adding any textures that weren't there before you'll need to create new lines for them in the config and vice versa if you're removing any

Just now, pingopete said:

Yeah that should work as long as they're all named the same. If you're adding any textures that weren't there before you'll need to create new lines for them in the config and vice versa if you're removing any

I will give that a try then, thank you.

I`ll leave everything as standard as I can and just replace as many textures with lower quality ones as I can and see if it works.

Gotta say, real earth looks amazing when you have clouds and a decent scatterer.

48 minutes ago, Brianson100 said:

I, too, am getting a pink overlay with clouds after updating Scatterer in particular. I love this mod. The quality is excellent. Do we know of any way we can work around the pink overlay? Possibly an older scatterer update?

If I'm not mistaken this comes from the new updated EVE-release.zip 2 days ago, not from scatterer.

10 hours ago, pingopete said:

You may have installed wrong.. sure you have the right EVE version? This mod isn't released yet I only put the DL up for people willing to figure it out in their own time/via the install instructions I've given.. It's available for those who couldn't wait for a proper release and are willing to accept the inevitable bugs that an unfinished WIP project will inevitably contain (hence why it's WIP). If you're having issues then you probably installed wrong. Make sure you read the install instruction in the Github page and the forum OP in detail.

https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4/blob/Linux64/Readme.txt,I have followed this Readme,right one?

3 hours ago, pingopete said:

Try the eve link posted in the OP of this thread

thx,I have try.It works in my win32,I think something wrong with my Ubuntu.   It is amazing,but I find the Sun is very small,even smaller than planet,and have not sunflare,am I  installed wrong?

Edited by yryrs

@pingopete Pete sorry, I know you said this many times before, but how do I bring up the config menu now? I'm on Ubuntu, tried left and right Alt + E, 0 (also numpad), Right Shift + E and 0 and didn't work

I want to play around with the Venus & Mars clouds but can't do it if I can't bring up the menu :(:D:D

Edited by hypervelocity

1 hour ago, hypervelocity said:

@pingopete Pete sorry, I know you said this many times before, but how do I bring up the config menu now? I'm on Ubuntu, tried left and right Alt + E, 0 (also numpad), Right Shift + E and 0 and didn't work

I want to play around with the Venus & Mars clouds but can't do it if I can't bring up the menu :(:D:D

It should definitely be alt + 0(zero) and on linux too :/ RVE is only working with an older version of EVE, the link on the OP should take you to it, thats the only thing I can think is you're using a newer version of EVE :?

Just now, pingopete said:

It should definitely be alt + 0(zero) and on linux too :/ RVE is only working with an older version of EVE, the link on the OP should take you to it, thats the only thing I can think is you're using a newer version of EVE :?

jajajja lol this is weird, I definitely believe those big puffy white things in the sky are the clouds from your mod!!! jajajajaj how come I'm getting the mod to work but no menu? anyhow it's not that important as Earth looks beautiful!!!! carry on and don't mind me, nothing I can't wait for!!!! thanks for the prompt reply! :D

2 minutes ago, yryrs said:

Sorry for bothering,the Sun in games is vrey small,and sunflare not working.I have follow the  scatterer forum to change the value in sunflare.cfg,but it still not work.

Sun appears to be very small because of wide field of view. The same with Moon. You can adjust this to more human-like FOV by alt+mouse scroll.

FOV.jpg~original

26 minutes ago, winged said:

Sun appears to be very small because of wide field of view. The same with Moon. You can adjust this to more human-like FOV by alt+mouse scroll.

FOV.jpg~original

Sun show nomally in tracking sation,but in real fight,it have no light,like a planet,and  disappears when press "M" to change map.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.