[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,061 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

1 hour ago, winged said:

Hey, Pingopete, it looks like I've found easter egg in your textures. It is somewhere near the Vandenberg launch site.

sekQ7zV.jpg

Hahaha! Well thank you! But nah that's just an artifact from err not google maps 

Edited by pingopete

Just gonna post this here once to say work has indeed resumed on RVE, and boy are the visuals a treat in win 64!

One of the most noticeable things is how much smoother the haze looks

Edited by pingopete

46 minutes ago, pingopete said:

Just gonna post this here once to say work has indeed resumed on RVE, and boy are the visuals a treat in win 64!

Btw there was recently a fix for the pixelated line across the horizon, so I would think it's that. Is there really a difference anymore in the visuals between directx and opengl? Apart from the lens flare not working?

10 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Btw there was recently a fix for the pixelated line across the horizon, so I would think it's that. Is there really a difference anymore in the visuals between directx and opengl? Apart from the lens flare not working?

Ok cool, although the only issue I've been getting is the flickering ocean shader when POV moves up or down, it's almost like it's operating at a slower refresh rate with some slight lag when the camera moves, could be z fighting though, I tried changing the main menu clipping range value but it didn't seem to do much for oceans? I was actually referring more to the resolved exposure issue I posted on your thread :) while I probably won't be using linux much more now, when I last did the original smoothness issues were fixed.

1 minute ago, pingopete said:

Ok cool, although the only issue I've been getting is the flickering ocean shader when POV moves up or down, it's almost like it's operating at a slower refresh rate with some slight lag when the camera moves, could be z fighting though, I tried changing the main menu clipping range value but it didn't seem to do much for oceans? I was actually referring more to the resolved exposure issue I posted on your thread :) while I probably won't be using linux much more now, when I last did the original smoothness issues were fixed.

Ah yes, those fixed horizon colors. I'm not sure what it is with the ocean lagging behind, I though this update would have fixed it, oh well... Btw have you checked out a sunrise with the new ocean reflections yet?

1 minute ago, blackrack said:

Ah yes, those fixed horizon colors. I'm not sure what it is with the ocean lagging behind, I though this update would have fixed it, oh well... Btw have you checked out a sunrise with the new ocean reflections yet?

Yes :) The reflections add so much I didn't even know could have been improved until I saw it!

EDIT: I notcied also that zooming in or out when in IVA messes with the ocean shader quite badly, not really sure whats going on :L 

iQEbEJj.png

Edited by pingopete

6 hours ago, pingopete said:

aww yissssssssssss plzzzzzzzz

7 hours ago, pingopete said:

Yes :) The reflections add so much I didn't even know could have been improved until I saw it!

EDIT: I notcied also that zooming in or out when in IVA messes with the ocean shader quite badly, not really sure whats going on :L 

Yeah, I will fix it when I have some free time. At the moment you can reset it by pressing the "rebuild ocean" button after you change your fov.

56 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Yeah, I will fix it when I have some free time. At the moment you can reset it by pressing the "rebuild ocean" button after you change your fov.

Sure, thanks. Oh also is there anyway to force aniso off, I'm loosing quite a bit of cloud fidelity, and I noticed there's no longer a line for it in the configs?

Just now, pingopete said:

Sure, thanks. Oh also is there anyway to force aniso off, I'm loosing quite a bit of cloud fidelity, and I noticed there's no longer a line for it in the configs?

Hmm, does this have something to do with scatterer or with the windows build? The aniso off hack is no longer required for scatterer so I just removed it, you could probably just force it to what you want in the driver, if you're losing fidelity it's more likely that you have it set to something low.

6 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Hmm, does this have something to do with scatterer or with the windows build? The aniso off hack is no longer required for scatterer so I just removed it, you could probably just force it to what you want in the driver, if you're losing fidelity it's more likely that you have it set to something low.

Ah yes managed to get it looking great forcing it with nvidia to x16 :) Thanks

Notciing the huge performance boost in coming to windows. I'm now getting 80-100 fps in PQS!! Something unheard of previously, This is while running full 8k RSS textures, 4k cloud detail, and 4k city day texture. I haven't been able to get terrain textures working in 1.1 yet however.

A similar story for ScaledSpace too, see here (ignore the jumpiness, I think its  just some lost frames when the vsync isn't clamping fps)

5 hours ago, pingopete said:

Notciing the huge performance boost in coming to windows. I'm now getting 80-100 fps in PQS!! Something unheard of previously, This is while running full 8k RSS textures, 4k cloud detail, and 4k city day texture. I haven't been able to get terrain textures working in 1.1 yet however.

A similar story for ScaledSpace too, see here (ignore the jumpiness, I think its  just some lost frames when the vsync isn't clamping fps)

lovely videos and lovely music man, I'm really digging that ethereal ambient electronic music, is it something of your creation?

5 hours ago, pingopete said:

Notciing the huge performance boost in coming to windows. I'm now getting 80-100 fps in PQS!! Something unheard of previously, This is while running full 8k RSS textures, 4k cloud detail, and 4k city day texture. I haven't been able to get terrain textures working in 1.1 yet however...

nice landing, totally nailed it...   haha

8 hours ago, pingopete said:

A similar story for ScaledSpace too, see here (ignore the jumpiness, I think its  just some lost frames when the vsync isn't clamping fps

This is why I've been shilling the windows 64bit workaround for a while.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.