[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,061 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

25 minutes ago, heliobyte said:

I followed these steps, and yet I have no clouds. Not really sure where I went wrong. I installed the latest versions of Scatterer and EVE first, then I dropped the Scatterer folder from RVE into GameData, and then I dropped the RVE and EVE folders from RVE into GameData. Did I miss something?

The Scatterer folder from RVE was from the Linux branch, the rest (RVE and EVE folders) from the windows branch. The game did not even want to start loading if I used anything other than the Scatterer folder from the Linux branch.

If only this process was easier (or I was smarter) :P

Don't mix the branches. Go for Linux branch in 1.1.2 and you're fine. 

34 minutes ago, Theysen said:

Don't mix the branches. Go for Linux branch in 1.1.2 and you're fine. 

Yea I figured that was how I was supposed to do it, but for some reason the game doesn't even want to start when I do that. All I get is a black screen and KSP saying "Not responding". I'll give it another shot.

On 5/4/2016 at 10:54 AM, Rhavoreth said:

Make sure you install the latest version of scatterer and EVE first. You'll need V0.0244 of Scatterer and when you get EVE make sure you get the 'AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip' version of EVE. You don't need the configs, that is what RVE does :). For reference you can get both of them here:

Scatterer: http://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer

EVE: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.1-1

Next, install both of those as normal. What you need to do now is find the RVE release with scatterer configs included. I use the latest linux 64 version found

here: https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4/tree/Linux64/

Drop the scatterer folder into the GameData, remember to copy and replace your 'planetsList.cfg'. Then drop the RVE folder into your GameData; this folder is the eve configs you'll need for it to work. Everything should work out of the box like that. No need to use Alt + 0 for anything. Just head to the tracking station to see if you've got clouds on Earth. I installed RSS using CKAN, EVE and Scatterer will have to be installed manually.

Untitled.jpg

Followed your steps to the letter and this is what Im getting. Texture settings on full, no BolderCo folder, 64bit fresh install. I do have other mods, so if you haven't seen this or it's not an obvious answer/fix, ignore this post.

Yes eve updated and now that is the result. If you go back 1 version of eve it should work. I got this solution to work. When eve updated I tried updating it and got the same result. So like I said. Try the version previous to the one that just came out if possible. Thats what worked for me.

1 hour ago, JeeF said:

Followed your steps to the letter and this is what Im getting. Texture settings on full, no BolderCo folder, 64bit fresh install. I do have other mods, so if you haven't seen this or it's not an obvious answer/fix, ignore this post.

Download this & see if it will fix your problem, from picture what you post it look like you try to use last new Eve release what is not anymore compatible with any old visual pack because new system what it use = new cubemap texture

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/blob/cbceb3b052ae73f9f9bb1dd12e045d814ac10188/AnyCPU-EVE.zip

Enjoy

Edited by Blacks

2 hours ago, Blacks said:

Download this & see if it will fix your problem, from picture what you post it look like you try to use last new Eve release what is not anymore compatible with any old visual pack because new system what it use = new cubemap texture

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/blob/cbceb3b052ae73f9f9bb1dd12e045d814ac10188/AnyCPU-EVE.zip

Enjoy

Thank you, it's working now! :)

4 hours ago, Table said:

@pingopete Can you also give Pluto a tiny atmosphere? http://pluto.jhuapl.edu/Participate/learn/What-We-Know.php?link=Plutos-Atmosphere

Also, how's the update going?

I would like this but it would have to be very thin. Do we know how high it is? 

EDIT :

Pluto's thin atmosphere has a surface pressure of only 3 to 100 microbars (3 to 100 millionths of the surface pressure of the Earth)

Hmm... not sure it will be worth it, it's too thin to see or affect any craft IMHO

Edited by John FX

Thank you for the nice mode!! It is amazing!!!

I would very much like to see this mod to other planets Solar System (Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and others..)

2a76485bf1a5.jpg

debd23d4fdf8.jpg

3a6af5be691b.jpg

092b59ae287b.jpg

7910415ac16b.jpg

01f211abda40.jpg

16a1dc4ad765.jpg

6c20ebcc2300.jpg

f127fa006028.jpg

Edited by Irenicus

HI, i have rve working using your method @Rhavoreth. But it so annoyng that when I move the camera around, the soil begins to disappear and turn black. as soon as I stop moving the camera it goes well. Then in the space it goes perfect. I noticed that the problem is scatter because it does this even withouth rve but only with scatter. anyone with the same issue? is there a solution? thank you

1 hour ago, Walter White said:

HI, i have rve working using your method @Rhavoreth. But it so annoyng that when I move the camera around, the soil begins to disappear and turn black. as soon as I stop moving the camera it goes well. Then in the space it goes perfect. I noticed that the problem is scatter because it does this even withouth rve but only with scatter. anyone with the same issue? is there a solution? thank you

This sounds like you are having the flickering scatterer issue there is currently no fix for it

Edited by Berlin

12 hours ago, Walter White said:

I had the exact same problem and fixed it by updating my NVIDIA drivers from 361.something to 365.1.

Still having some minor problems (texture gap between 100 km and 140 km or so) but nothing to bad...

15 hours ago, Irenicus said:

Thank you for the nice mode!! It is amazing!!!

I would very much like to see this mod to other planets Solar System (Mars, Jupiter, Saturn and others..)

Hide contents

2a76485bf1a5.jpg

Hide contents

debd23d4fdf8.jpg

Hide contents

3a6af5be691b.jpg

Hide contents

092b59ae287b.jpg

Hide contents

7910415ac16b.jpg

Hide contents

01f211abda40.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

16a1dc4ad765.jpg

Hide contents

6c20ebcc2300.jpg

Hide contents

f127fa006028.jpg

That's very nice. But I just cannot get my RVE working for some reason. I'm on Ubuntu 64bit and KSP 1.1.2  But it just crashed as soon as I introduced the RVE to KSP. So my installation procedure is first I used CKAN to install RSS and then I copied scatter folder to GameData, and then unziped  AnyCPI-EVE-Release and put it inside GameData. Then I downloaded the RVE-KSP-1.0.4-Linux64.zip,  unziped and put it inside GameData. Is this wrong? 

On 5/9/2016 at 6:37 PM, JeeF said:

Thank you, it's working now! :)

Can you possibly help me? I just cannot get my RVE working for some reason. I'm on Ubuntu 64bit and KSP 1.1.2  But it just crashed as soon as I introduced the RVE to KSP. So my installation procedure is first I used CKAN to install RSS and then I copied scatter folder to GameData, and then unziped  AnyCPI-EVE-Release and put it inside GameData. Then I downloaded the RVE-KSP-1.0.4-Linux64.zip,  unziped and put it inside GameData. Is this wrong? 

On 5/4/2016 at 7:54 AM, Rhavoreth said:

Make sure you install the latest version of scatterer and EVE first. You'll need V0.0244 of Scatterer and when you get EVE make sure you get the 'AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip' version of EVE. You don't need the configs, that is what RVE does :). For reference you can get both of them here:

Scatterer: http://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer

EVE: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.1-1

Next, install both of those as normal. What you need to do now is find the RVE release with scatterer configs included. I use the latest linux 64 version found

here: https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4/tree/Linux64/

Drop the scatterer folder into the GameData, remember to copy and replace your 'planetsList.cfg'. Then drop the RVE folder into your GameData; this folder is the eve configs you'll need for it to work. Everything should work out of the box like that. No need to use Alt + 0 for anything. Just head to the tracking station to see if you've got clouds on Earth. I installed RSS using CKAN, EVE and Scatterer will have to be installed manually.

I can confirm that this works. Win 7 x64 KSP 64 bit version.

1 hour ago, Gordon Dry said:

I got log spammed with

Hide contents

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CityLights.LocalCityComponent.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Logs:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yrs4k0ado3v5z34/2016-05-10-1%20KSP%201.1.2%20issues%20with%20RVE.7z?dl=0

Essentially this is Unity having a fit because it can't load the city lights textures as there is no City to attach them to since the texture replacement part of RVE isn't working with the 1.1.2 'hack'. Game should be very playable still.

I downloaded these

and put them in "GameData". Then I downloaded this

Spoiler

here: https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4/tree/Linux64/

and i copied RVE and Scatterer folders from "RVE-KSP-1.0.4" to GameData folder, i replaced "planetslists.cfg" when windows asked me to replace or not.

There is no cloud, not in menu view nor in tracking station. What is my mistake ? I already have "texture replacer" mod via CKAN so i didnt touch that folder which is in "RVE-KSP-1.0.4".

ksp version : 1.1.2,  64 bit exe
Windows 10, 64 bit, 16GB ram

ps: i also tried to download Scatterer via CKAN and changed RVE's EVE config, it also didnt work. Regards

Some fix what need to be done if is follow @Rhavoreth install procedure:

A. For all who experience problem like not have cloud with workaround RVE pack try this:

1. Download this: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/blob/cbceb3b052ae73f9f9bb1dd12e045d814ac10188/AnyCPU-EVE.zip
2. Install ONLY EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements
3. Check if is any BoulderCo folder in Gamedata if it is remove it you need to have RVE

B. For who will have NRE like that it need to be done this:

6 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

I got log spammed with

Hide contents

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CityLights.LocalCityComponent.OnPreCull () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename:  Line: -1)

1. Goo to RVE > EVE > CityLights
2. Open cityLights.cfg with notepad & delete all line
3. Copy all line from Spoiler

Spoiler

EVE_CITY_LIGHTS
{
    OBJECT
    {
        body = Earth
        cityLightsMaterial
        {
            _CityOverlayDetailScale = 250
            _CityOverlayTex
            {
                value = RVE/EVE/CityLights/Textures/main
            }
            _CityDarkOverlayDetailTex
            {
                value = RVE/EVE/CityLights/Textures/detail2
            }
            _CityLightOverlayDetailTex
            {
                value = RVE/EVE/CityLights/Textures/detaillight
            }
        }
    }
}

4. Paste in cityLights.cfg file, save & close

C. Delete from RVE > SunFlare directory it not need anymore, Scatterer it will do that

Have fun & Enjoy

Edited by Blacks

3 hours ago, Blacks said:

A. For all who experience problem like not have cloud with workaround RVE pack try this:

1. Download this: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/blob/cbceb3b052ae73f9f9bb1dd12e045d814ac10188/AnyCPU-EVE.zip
3. Check if is any BoulderCo folder in Gamedata if it is remove it you need to have RVE

Reveal hidden contents

EVE_CITY_LIGHTS
{
    OBJECT
    {
        body = Earth
        cityLightsMaterial
        {
            _CityOverlayTex
            {
            }
            {
            }
            {
            }
        }
    }
}

C. Delete from RVE > SunFlare directory it not need anymore, Scatterer it will do that

Have fun & Enjoy

And City Lights will be work? Because for now I see only dark side of Earth :) Without city lights... :(

Edited by Irenicus

Spoiler
8 hours ago, Blacks said:

Hide contents

EVE_CITY_LIGHTS
{
    OBJECT
    {
        body = Earth
        cityLightsMaterial
        {
            _CityOverlayTex
            {
            }
            {
            }
            {
            }
        }
    }
}

Have fun & Enjoy

it works ! thanks :)

11 hours ago, Blacks said:

This link shows me that:
K5Iuloqh.png
I can't see a download link there.

Perhaps you mean https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/tree/experimentals and then "Download ZIP" and in there is the AnyCPU-EVE.zip ?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.