[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,061 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

On May 8, 2016 at 7:28 PM, Blacks said:

Download this & see if it will fix your problem, from picture what you post it look like you try to use last new Eve release what is not anymore compatible with any old visual pack because new system what it use = new cubemap texture

https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/blob/cbceb3b052ae73f9f9bb1dd12e045d814ac10188/AnyCPU-EVE.zip

Enjoy

I did what you did, it worked. Great.

Problem: my game has really crappy FPS. With 16GB RAM and 5.0GHz. Aaaand everything on lowest graphic settings.

Help?

6 hours ago, Belerafon said:

I did what you did, it worked. Great.

Problem: my game has really crappy FPS. With 16GB RAM and 5.0GHz. Aaaand everything on lowest graphic settings.

Help?

How many mods you got running? They slowly bring down the fps, especially large part mods 

I followed the instructions posted by @Blacks, But after loading the game the clouds are only on the top half of kerbin. I cant show a screenshot but It looked like my planet was in half and only the top half was with nice clouds and the way it should be on the whole planet. 

I am running ksp 1.1.2 on win10 x64 with 16gb of ram. 

38 minutes ago, moepkid said:

I followed the instructions posted by @Blacks, But after loading the game the clouds are only on the top half of kerbin. I cant show a screenshot but It looked like my planet was in half and only the top half was with nice clouds and the way it should be on the whole planet. 

Do you mean on the startup menu? That always happens, it should be fine in-game.

55 minutes ago, moepkid said:

If you're speaking about the Opening Menu Screen, don't worry. Happens sometimes, it's working in flight.

5 hours ago, StallionHurdler said:

I got it working on win 64 on 1.1.2 while in space but when at the cape all the way up to 139.99km I have no ocean. Anybody know why?

I used the scatterer configs and it works.

15 hours ago, pingopete said:

How many mods you got running? They slowly bring down the fps, especially large part mods 

None.

EDIT: When are you gonna release the new version for 1.1.2?

Edited by Belerafon

On 5/4/2016 at 7:54 AM, Rhavoreth said:

Make sure you install the latest version of scatterer and EVE first. You'll need V0.0244 of Scatterer and when you get EVE make sure you get the 'AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip' version of EVE. You don't need the configs, that is what RVE does :). For reference you can get both of them here:

Scatterer: http://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer

EVE: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.1-1

Next, install both of those as normal. What you need to do now is find the RVE release with scatterer configs included. I use the latest linux 64 version found

here: https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4/tree/Linux64/

Drop the scatterer folder into the GameData, remember to copy and replace your 'planetsList.cfg'. Then drop the RVE folder into your GameData; this folder is the eve configs you'll need for it to work. Everything should work out of the box like that. No need to use Alt + 0 for anything. Just head to the tracking station to see if you've got clouds on Earth. I installed RSS using CKAN, EVE and Scatterer will have to be installed manually.

Thank you so much for this Rhavoreth!!! Finally got clouds in RSS + KSP(1.1.2). Just tested and I see the clouds. Not sure if I would run into issues later but for now it appears to be working. Thanks again!

8 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

People reading back and seeing that you can in fact get it to work in KSP 1.1.2 would be lovely.

(Literally, someone has quoted it 4 posts above mine)

It is funny how some people aren't willing to spend 30 seconds of there own time finding the answer they want yet are willing to spend more time complaining about a free mod not being released as soon as they'd like.. Lol

7 minutes ago, pingopete said:

It is funny how some people aren't willing to spend 30 seconds of there own time finding the answer they want yet are willing to spend more time complaining about a free mod not being released as soon as they'd like.. Lol

gladly - and not to be forgotten - there are still plenty of us who fully acknowledge the effort and time you put into this and keep rooting for you every day!!! :D

good things come for those who wait!!!!

Untitled.jpg

This below me is the Atlantic. Water renders transparent but is there, splash-able.

Any of you experienced this before?

1.1.2 using the right versions of EVE and Scatterer as mentioned in a post by  Rhavoreth

i didn't mean to be rude, sorry :(

i was literally just saying a 1.1.2 update would be nice to have, i wasn't trying to complain about it. i really am sorry, i didnt mean to do anything wrong.

Edited by lolcats121

I'm confused.

Here

it says

-Shaders are messed up in directx11, If you're forcing directx11, your game will crash on load (64bit build) or will load without any effects (32bit build).

but here it says

and finally this

So does it mean if I only remove scatterer and live without clouds I could have DirectX11, less memory footprint, more fps, all together?

I should try it.

I hope that only scatterer is to be removed.
I would prefer it to remove another mod, but in kerbalism nothing is perfect and it needs years to become so.

On 5/4/2016 at 10:54 AM, Rhavoreth said:

Make sure you install the latest version of scatterer and EVE first. You'll need V0.0244 of Scatterer and when you get EVE make sure you get the 'AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip' version of EVE. You don't need the configs, that is what RVE does :). For reference you can get both of them here:

Scatterer: http://spacedock.info/mod/141/scatterer

EVE: https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.1-1

Next, install both of those as normal. What you need to do now is find the RVE release with scatterer configs included. I use the latest linux 64 version found

here: https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4/tree/Linux64/

Drop the scatterer folder into the GameData, remember to copy and replace your 'planetsList.cfg'. Then drop the RVE folder into your GameData; this folder is the eve configs you'll need for it to work. Everything should work out of the box like that. No need to use Alt + 0 for anything. Just head to the tracking station to see if you've got clouds on Earth. I installed RSS using CKAN, EVE and Scatterer will have to be installed manually.

Question about the RVE folder. I like to use a custom sunflare built for scatterer. Do I still need to include the sunflare folder include in this version of RVE?

Edit: Nevermind, it seems scatter's sun flare supersedes whatever changes this version of RVE does to the stock sun flare. Completely loaded with RP-0, RO, RSS, and too many other mods to count and the game is looking beautiful. Even added a little atmosphere to earth at 130Km to make it a little more authentic. Can't wait to dive into my realism career tomorrow. All I did was go to the tracking station, check through in-game tool that all planets were looking/working as intended, making a few adjustments here and there (seems to be an issue with planet shadows with RVE and SVE, I've had to disable them entirely in a few cases because they just leave a block spot on certain planets) but besides that, amazing stuff.

Edited by shoe7ess

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.