[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,061 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

3 minutes ago, ManuxKerb said:

Hi

After updating to the new RVE linux64 Branch (with the fixes from nathankell) i get this:

ksp_Rss_bug.jpg

Any idea how to fix?

the old version worked fine for me..

Thanks

Correct me if I'm wrong - NathanKell's fix for the newest EVE release got merged into the Linux branch - so if you download the Linux64 branch get the latest EVE, it's now compatible! 

Hi

Just now, Theysen said:

Correct me if I'm wrong - NathanKell's fix for the newest EVE release got merged into the Linux branch - so if you download the Linux64 branch get the latest EVE, it's now compatible! 

I got the latest EVE like a week ago. Is there already a newer version ?

18 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Theysen it is a midrange laptop with 8gb of ram, Intel Core i3-3110M 2.4ghz, Intel HD Graphics 4000 (1792 mb), and a 64 bit os. Will this be capable of using rss visual enhancements?

Sorry this is not midrange, because there are few cheaper models but plentiful more powerful. I have an an i7-2600 (3.4GHz) and a gtx 680 and I wouldn't mind an upgrade for RSS.

7 hours ago, ManuxKerb said:

Hi

After updating to the new RVE linux64 Branch (with the fixes from nathankell) i get this:

ksp_Rss_bug.jpg

Any idea how to fix?

the old version worked fine for me..

Thanks

Same issue I'm having. Waiting to get home to try Phineas's tweak.

11 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@Motokid600what happens if you try the following values for the EVE parameters:

DetailScale = 10
DistFadeVert = 0.00001
DetailDist = 0.0000001
DistFade = 0.0005

And for the volumetrics:

area = 60000,4
rotationSpeed = 0.0001
size = 8000,2
noiseScale = 64,64,64

17 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@Motokid600what happens if you try the following values for the EVE parameters:

DetailScale = 10
DistFadeVert = 0.00001
DetailDist = 0.0000001
DistFade = 0.0005

And for the volumetrics:

area = 60000,4
rotationSpeed = 0.0001
size = 8000,2
noiseScale = 64,64,64

No luck with this. No change. Just to be sure which cfg files are you referring to? RVE\EVE\Atmosphere\clouds.cfg? I was able to edit all the parameters except rotationSpeed and noiseScale as they were absent from the cfg.

EDIT: Ooookay its fixed. I simply re-downloaded and installed EVE. Could've sworn I was on the latest version, but apparently not. No more square clouds. However. Is it intentional for these clods to be extending all the way to the ground?

EDIT: That issue seems to have been fixed as well. Awesome. Then the last thing bugging me hear I suppose is the issue below.

Is there anything that can be done about the smeared/stretched ground textures? In particular the grass around the KSC? Not sure if that's even an RVE thing because I know this pops up in stock kerbal every now and then, but with RSS/RVE it seems constant.

Edited by Motokid600

7 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Is there anything that can be done about the smeared/stretched ground textures? In particular the grass around the KSC? Not sure if that's even an RVE thing because I know this pops up in stock kerbal every now and then, but with RSS/RVE it seems constant.

The EVE terrain manager unfortunately is currently broken. No workaround for that (at least that i know).

On 24.5.2016 at 1:42 AM, Motokid600 said:

It's not a bug, it's a feature - it's called grass moving in the wind :wink:

I'm having a problem where all the textures of Earth disappear once the rocket goes above 100 km in altitude. The textures reappear once the altitude exceeds around 170 km. I started getting this problem after I installed the latest Linux 64-bit RVE, which happened to fix a problem where the clouds were squares. I'm running KSP in Windows 64-bit. Any ideas on how to fix this?

nwJMU5s.png?1

On 24.5.2016 at 6:57 PM, [email protected] said:

Well thank you for repling.I was just wandering if I would be able to run it because im able to run RSS pretty good with the setup I have, but I was just wondering if I would be able to use EVE.

Why not just try it, as i gathered RSS with RVE is more graphicscard hogging than pure RSS and your intel onchip graphic isn't the best, but when it runs for you now with RSS pure you must have some detaillevel already down, so no way to know for you really than to try =)

3 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

Does this work with 1.1.2?

You really should read a couple pages before asking something that literally gets asked every day. Not trying to be rude but it gets redundant. There is a search option in the forum. 

21 hours ago, Combatsmithen said:

Does this work with 1.1.2?

Hi

Well i do not find it so easy to say that it works.

There are different reports for windows as far as i can tell. As far as i can say here on linux 64 bit. It does with a bit of manual labor.

1. Make sure to get the latest EVE

2. Make sure you get the RVE 64 linux brach (afaik windows branch is out of date)

3.  Read a couple of pages back to get the citylights fixed

Hope for the best!

Also please note that 1.1.2 does sometimes crash. Squad seems to be aware of this but no fix yet.

Just wanted to mention: couldn't wait any more for this mod, so I went ahead and installed the Linux64 branch.

And... it works beautifully! Thanks to the mod developer, to the people contributing and to all of you guys on this thread, helping people like me, who can't stand to play our favorite game without awesome graphics.

My specs: an aging i5 quad-core, 16 Gigs of RAM, Windows 10 64bit, KSP 1.1.2 installed on SSD.

So far I have seen no performance drop, no square clouds and no weird shadows.

Keep up the good work!

On 5/28/2016 at 1:41 PM, Kotagi said:

You really should read a couple pages before asking something that literally gets asked every day. Not trying to be rude but it gets redundant. There is a search option in the forum. 

To be fair, the op has not been updated.

Im also getting the low clouds issue, how did you fix this? i tried re-installing Eve but still the same result :(

Edit.

Found the issue moving the clouds up from 2000 to 4000 seems to help.

Edited by Gooner

hi, I installed the master branch after installing EVE as it is described in the readme on my ksp 1.1.2 and run in 64bit mode, however alt+E does not bring me any window on the launchpad when I pause the game. (And there are no clouds) Anything I can do?

Edited by nablabla

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.