[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,061 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

And how can you be sure that RSS is responsible of your crash?

First, RSS+RVE is very memory consumer, so in function of your config, you may be able or not to play with these mod. What are your installed RAM and VRAM on your config?
Then, did you use CKAN to install you mod? Installing your mod manually can easily lead you to errors.
Last, If you want help to fix your errors, you should post your logs, on pastebin eg.

2 hours ago, nanokarlo said:

Hi, when clouds pass the are sometimes very low looks like fog! How can I change the distance of the clouds and the ground ?

Open Alt+O (Alt-"Zero") for EVE GUI and go to CloudsManager, then look for "Altitude" in the Earth-Clouds-Main tab. Change it to 3500 or so instead of 2000. Then hit apply and save. I can get some screens if you need later

Edited by Theysen

10 minutes ago, Theysen said:

Open Alt+O (Alt-"Zero") for EVE GUI and go to CloudsManager, then look for "Altitude" in the Earth-Clouds-Main tab. Change it to 3500 or so instead of 2000. I can get some screens if you need later

Hi Theysen, tenx  I have not pressed the game pause then ALT+0 so that there was no effectThanks again: KSP_x64_2016_06_05_18_08_52_726.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:32 PM, nanokarlo said:

Thank you all for answers, Reading through the comments I managed to work RSS Visual Enhancments (RVE) for KSP 1.1.2. I used {AnyCPU-EVE-Release 1.1-2}+{RVE-KSP-1.0.4-Linux64} D3D11 doing great.

So I don't put in the BoulderCo folder from AnyCPU-Configs-Release? cause i'm currently getting no clouds, still trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong.

I installed the base AnyCPU-EVE-Release, then AnyCPU-Configs-Release, finally RVE-KSP-1.0.4-Linux64, now clouds from a CKAN install of RSS and RO.

1 hour ago, fanelli said:

So I don't put in the BoulderCo folder from AnyCPU-Configs-Release? cause i'm currently getting no clouds, still trying to figure out what i'm doing wrong.

I installed the base AnyCPU-EVE-Release, then AnyCPU-Configs-Release, finally RVE-KSP-1.0.4-Linux64, now clouds from a CKAN install of RSS and RO.

No.  The "GameData/BoulderCo/" directory tree is EVE's default config, from "AnyCPU-Configs-Release.zip".  That will conflict with RVE.  RVE provides all the configs.

I suggest clearing out all of EVE, Scatterer, and RVE and starting again.  Removed "GameData/EnvironmentalVisualEffects/", "GameData/BoulderCo/", "GameData/scatterer/", and "GameData/RVE/"

Follow @Rhavoreth's procedure for installing RVE for KSP 1.1.2:

In other words:

1. Get the latest version of EVE, and EVE only (ie. the plugins and shaders), which is in the archive "AnyCPU-EVE-Release.zip".

2. Get the latest version of Scatterer.

3. Get the latest version of RVE for the Linux64 branch, which is the active branch under development.  On that page, click the green "Clone or Download" button and then click "Download ZIp".  If you're not running KSP 64-bit or have a limited amount of memroy, you may have issues with the amount of  memory use.

While you're at it, you should rename the EVE and RVE download ZIP's to include their version numbers, or just tag them with the date (add in a YYYYMMDD string like 20160606a to their names).

4.  Install the contents of all three zips, but only the directory "RVE" from RVE.  You should now have the directory trees "GameData/EnvironmentalVisualEffects/", "GameData/scatterer/", and "GameData/RVE/".

If you're still having issues, please provide some screenshots and your logs as described here.

Edited by Jacke

Wow! Thanks for the awesome, nicely summarized update, here! I was just on the way to catastrophe having used only the link from the first page...

Question about the images on the first page, though; what part-mods is that "Spacestation 16" using in that imgur album? I noticed some very nice-looking ISS-like modules.

Well, darn it!

I'm playing KSP to explore stuff in space - land on the moon, then move on to Mars and the Galilean moons of Jupiter, and even drop by Titan - but this is making Earth so spectacularly beautiful you're going to make me spend a tremendous amount of time making airplanes and flying around the planet instead of leaving it! :P

Spectacular job.

Btw, I think setting the atmosphere's scale to 50% on Scatterer makes it the most realistic looking. Flying at 30-50,000 feet in an airplane, I can take a picture with my phone and it looks like I'm in space - it even kind of looks like it to my eye, hah. The sky gets dark and atmosphere's haze drops low really fast. By 70,000 feet, sky should be pitch black and pretty low, yet on the default settings it looks like I'm at 70,000 feet when I'm at 200 km :P

Not really complaining, though, it was pretty easy to fix once I figured out Scatterer's F10 gui configs. Also, way less buggy and more stable than earlier versions. That's definitely come a very long way. Grats

Btw, are there any configs for the rest of the solar system yet? I think I'd actually have a good deal of fun making them, if there aren't. Name the folder after the body, set up Scatterer's config to include the planet - it didn't take that long to figure out Earth's. I could probably do the rest of the atmosphered bodies over the next few weeks if that would help (taking summer courses), and see if you like the product.

I'm really shocked that Scatterer's config tool seems to naturally make sunsets/sunrises over Mars blue... Wow. I guess calculating things accurately are how it makes Earth so breathtaking, so it's only natural it would be accurate on Mars, but still, wow.

Edited by Comet Tail

On 6/6/2016 at 5:13 AM, Comet Tail said:

Wow! Thanks for the awesome, nicely summarized update, here! I was just on the way to catastrophe having used only the link from the first page...

Question about the images on the first page, though; what part-mods is that "Spacestation 16" using in that imgur album? I noticed some very nice-looking ISS-like modules.

Well, darn it!

I'm playing KSP to explore stuff in space - land on the moon, then move on to Mars and the Galilean moons of Jupiter, and even drop by Titan - but this is making Earth so spectacularly beautiful you're going to make me spend a tremendous amount of time making airplanes and flying around the planet instead of leaving it! :P

Spectacular job.

Btw, I think setting the atmosphere's scale to 50% on Scatterer makes it the most realistic looking. Flying at 30-50,000 feet in an airplane, I can take a picture with my phone and it looks like I'm in space - it even kind of looks like it to my eye, hah. The sky gets dark and atmosphere's haze drops low really fast. By 70,000 feet, sky should be pitch black and pretty low, yet on the default settings it looks like I'm at 70,000 feet when I'm at 200 km :P

Not really complaining, though, it was pretty easy to fix once I figured out Scatterer's F10 gui configs. Also, way less buggy and more stable than earlier versions. That's definitely come a very long way. Grats

Btw, are there any configs for the rest of the solar system yet? I think I'd actually have a good deal of fun making them, if there aren't. Name the folder after the body, set up Scatterer's config to include the planet - it didn't take that long to figure out Earth's. I could probably do the rest of the atmosphered bodies over the next few weeks if that would help (taking summer courses), and see if you like the product.

I'm really shocked that Scatterer's config tool seems to naturally make sunsets/sunrises over Mars blue... Wow. I guess calculating things accurately are how it makes Earth so breathtaking, so it's only natural it would be accurate on Mars, but still, wow.

Can't speak for the dev, but I would love this.

@Comet Taili made some scaterrer configs for Venus, Jupiter and Uranus (Saturn is a difficult one because the oblation that was implemented in RSS a few versions ago breaks all of the beatification mods). I would suggest to download the the Scatterer Config Tool. Once you get the hang of it it is easy to make any scaterrer config you like (you want a pink planet? you got it!)

On 6/6/2016 at 6:13 AM, Comet Tail said:

Well, darn it!

Spectacular job.

that would be just awesome Comet !!!! I would love to see what cfg's you can come up with for the rest of the planets :D

Edited by hypervelocity

IS this suppose to work with RSS in1.1.2 Because I see people on youtube with RSS and clouds in 1,1,2 yet when I install this it doesn't work. I'm a little bit confused, I'm probably doing something wrong. But i'm used to installing mods it's no big deal I get all the other mods to work except clouds for rss..... help?

4 hours ago, Dermeister said:

IS this suppose to work with RSS in1.1.2 Because I see people on youtube with RSS and clouds in 1,1,2 yet when I install this it doesn't work. I'm a little bit confused, I'm probably doing something wrong. But i'm used to installing mods it's no big deal I get all the other mods to work except clouds for rss..... help?

PlanetShine-Scattering and distant object enhancement are installed using Ckan. The RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE) must be installed manual. https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.1-2-1

https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4/tree/Linux64

first install PlanetShine-Scattering and distant object enhancement,and then these 2 files,and replace files when asks :D

It's all just delete all of the prior install.

Edited by nanokarlo

58 minutes ago, nanokarlo said:

PlanetShine-Scattering and distant object enhancement are installed using Ckan. The RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE) must be installed manual. https://github.com/rbray89/EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements/releases/tag/EVE-1.1-2-1

https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4/tree/Linux64

first install PlanetShine-Scattering and distant object enhancement,and then these 2 files,and replace files when asks :D

It's all just delete all of the prior install.

Thanks ! Planetshine Scattering still cause water issues?

P.S I installed all those mods... NO go. Still no clouds >_>. I can run clouds for kerbin NO problem but on RSS nothing works.

Edited by Dermeister

24 minutes ago, Dermeister said:

Thanks ! Planetshine Scattering still cause water issues?

P.S I installed all those mods... NO go. Still no clouds >_>. I can run clouds for kerbin NO problem but on RSS nothing works.

Do you have folder BoulderCo in GameData ? if so delete it. proposal start from 0  Download fresh KSP and install RSS  and everything I say 

19 minutes ago, nanokarlo said:

Do you have folder BoulderCo in GameData ? if so delete it. proposal start from 0  Download fresh KSP and install RSS  and everything I say 

And here's my files I put them on dropbox on my system work.

Edited by nanokarlo

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 0:59 PM, nanokarlo said:

And here's my files I put them on dropbox on my system work.

Thanks ill give it a go. And I forgot to delete the builder CO folder. Now it seems to work using your dropbox files. Thank you for the help :)   I remember being able to remove city lights in the old EVE by deleting the lights .dll now if I do that my game crashes... But that's my fault i'm probably breaking the mod. Other than that it works great. But if any of you know how to remove the city lights and city textures let me know i'm not a fan of those I just want the clouds :).

Edited by Dermeister

I did a fresh install of KSP, installed RSS & RO and all associated files via CKA, added PlanetShine, Scatter and DistandObjectEnhancement via CKAN and then installed the EVE and RVE-Linux manually. When startig KSP I got clouds only on the northern hemisphere and when pressing ALT-0 the Eve-Manager tells me: "No config! Please add a config with the content of "EVE_TEXTURE_CONFIG{}" to populate."

Any idea what's missing?

9 minutes ago, Carraux said:

I did a fresh install of KSP, installed RSS & RO and all associated files via CKA, added PlanetShine, Scatter and DistandObjectEnhancement via CKAN and then installed the EVE and RVE-Linux manually. When startig KSP I got clouds only on the northern hemisphere and when pressing ALT-0 the Eve-Manager tells me: "No config! Please add a config with the content of "EVE_TEXTURE_CONFIG{}" to populate."

Any idea what's missing?

If you mean the main menu screen by saying "starting up ksp" - don't worry, open your save and it should be all working inside the flight scene / tracking station. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.