[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,061 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

@kerboman25make sure first that you have the latest experimental release of EVE:

• Press Alt+0 (zero) to open the UI while you are in the Space Center view.
  • Using the buttons on the top find the "CloudsManager".
  • Search for the "Kerbin-cloudsLowest" button to load the specific cloud layer.
  • Scroll down until you find the "layerVolume" UI.
  • Replace the default values with the above.

For the latest official release of EVE just ignore the last "noiseScale" parameter, all the other values are still applicable.

It sure seems like this is never getting updated. Been patiently waiting for months. I don't understand why we can't get a version released with all the 1000 different fixes already done instead of having to read every page to find all these settings

Spoiler

Edited by Kotagi

2 hours ago, Kotagi said:

It sure seems like this is never getting updated. Been patiently waiting for months. I don't understand why we can't get a version released with all the 1000 different fixes already done instead of having to read every page to find all these settings

Reveal hidden contents

It certainly doesn't sound like you've been very patient. I assume that you have little to no idea regarding the degree of work and time necessary to develop these amazing mods, which is a pity. Let's face it, if you have time to comment in a forum, then you definitely have the time to read a few pages of a thread. Show some respect to the folks who provide us with these mods free of charge... its people like you who prove to be detrimental to a modder's work.

Plus, I was reviewing your post history, and I noticed you tell another user to do exactly the thing that you're protesting (you told him to read back several pages to find the answers that he was desiring). Quite a change in attitude, wouldn't you say?

Edited by fallout2077

4 minutes ago, fallout2077 said:

It certainly doesn't sound like you've been very patient. I assume that you have little to no idea regarding the degree of work and time necessary to develop these amazing mods, which is a pity. Let's face it, if you have time to comment in a forum, then you definitely have the time to read a few pages of a thread. Show some respect to the folks who provide us with these mods free of charge... its people like you who prove to be detrimental to a modder's work.

Stop being so accusatory and judgmental on people who have innocent intentions. The person asked a question, you don't insult him. Instead you will explain and answer the question. Your comment can and will alienate people who would have wanted to help, I suggest you respond in a proper and respectful manner, not in patronizing snotty way.

19 minutes ago, fallout2077 said:

Plus, I was reviewing your post history, and I noticed you tell another user to do exactly the thing that you're protesting (you told him to read back several pages to find the answers that he was desiring). Quite a change in attitude, wouldn't you say?

The post your referring to someone asked a question that had been previously answered repeatedly within a few pages. I, like you, know that repeatedly asked questions waste the modders time. But I'm pretty sure I'm not asking about a setting that was just answered a page ago. I have my copy working. With the amount of pics and  videos that get released for this mod since the update, you would think someone could have released a copy with at least a few steps to get it working already done. People keep saying be patient while posting pics and videos of the mod working albeit with some bugs. Even if it's a temporary fix, just updating the OP would be amazing. Getting people excited for a mod like this by posting pics and videos,whether doing it for free or not,  and then reprimanding them for following this forum and asking questions seems counter-intuitive. I know this is alot of work. And I greatly appreciate the modder's doing it for free. Tbh. I would pay for this mod. It's that awesome. But not every person who plays this game has a computer degree.  BTW. I'm tired of every time someone asks a question, they are the "detrimental to modder's work" lol. Your in a forum. About the mod. And the OP HASN'T BEEN UPDATED. Expect questions. It's only logical.

Spoiler

Can someone please help me a little? :)

Im using the newest EVE and the linux64 branch with the newest scatterer one KSP 1.1.2 but I keep getting this very very white bright sky. The clouds and terror are working just fine, but the shy has been bleached white. I am not a very good coder/moder so any help would be appreciated :)

(I don't know how to add pictures to these posts so Ill just post a link)

http://imgur.com/a/xCg61

1 hour ago, Gooner said:

Is this the only (semi) working cloud mod for Rss at the mo? and is it possible to use the stock cloud mod for rss as i think the clouds seem a little better?

While it would be possible to use the stock clouds for RSS with a bit of work, I would not recommend it for a couple reasons:

1. Pingopete has done some STUNNING work to create some realistic looking cloud layers here
  2. Setting up the use of the default clouds is probably more work than it's worth
  3. The default cloud textures provided in EVE are far from a satisfactory resolution to be used here - they will be a blocky mess around Earth (if playing 6.4x KSP with stock EVE has taught me anything)

If you haven't actually installed RVE and orbited Earth at something like 300km, then do it. That way you'll really be able to tell if you prefer stock clouds. If you do, then by all means go and install the stock clouds (and configure them to the right altitude) :) 

2 hours ago, MrMeeb said:

While it would be possible to use the stock clouds for RSS with a bit of work, I would not recommend it for a couple reasons:

1. Pingopete has done some STUNNING work to create some realistic looking cloud layers here
  2. Setting up the use of the default clouds is probably more work than it's worth
  3. The default cloud textures provided in EVE are far from a satisfactory resolution to be used here - they will be a blocky mess around Earth (if playing 6.4x KSP with stock EVE has taught me anything)

If you haven't actually installed RVE and orbited Earth at something like 300km, then do it. That way you'll really be able to tell if you prefer stock clouds. If you do, then by all means go and install the stock clouds (and configure them to the right altitude) :) 

I've been using it for a while already but they seem less dense/fluffy than stock clouds, but you may have alerted me to as why.  The scale difference must be a big factor so i'll give trying it a miss and just keep waiting for this mod to come good :)

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is a noob question. I am running KSP 1.1.3 (64-bit) on windows and would like to try out the RVE experimental build.

I see there is a win32 and a linux64 build available to download.

If I am running KSP 64 bit on windows, which of the two experimental versions should I download?

Thanks for your help!

Edited by spacetackle
typo

On 6.6.2016 at 9:34 AM, Jacke said:

@Rhavoreth

4.  Install the contents of all three zips, but only the directory "RVE" from RVE. 

So you don't use the scatterer configs from RVE? I don't think I have problems with them. o_O

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.