[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,061 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

5 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

@Sol Invictus i do not have a problem with the redistribution per se but i am worried about impatient users asking for support for an "alpha version" of a mod. But I am happy that you guys and gals like it!

What i meant about RSSVE not being an RVE replacement is that the quality of my work cannot even reach the early versions of RVE. @pingopete has done an exceptional work with RVE and i applaud him for that.

Also, i should warn you that other sun flares are not really compatible if you do not make the changes that you mentioned previously. I hope that future versions of Scatterer will allow Module Manager - style patching so to simplify installation procedures.

You're graphics mod so far seems to work excellent. The sun flare looks great without astroniki, I finally get the red dawn and sunset I've seen in youtube videos I wasn't getting before. The water texture has been fixed (was not getting the upgraded water ripples with RVE). The clouds look better. I like it a lot. Thanks for the work. @Phineas Freak. I know it's still WIP, but that's okay. So far it's a lot better than what I had going on. I hope you start your own thread for this mod soon, so I can keep updated about the updates.

Edited by EliasDanger

Hi all!

I´ve been trying to get RVE+EVE+Scatterer working as instructed in this thread but here is my result so far;

zvsklu.jpg

Clouds look fine in the map view, but ground view shows black sky and the water is really something different from all the great pics posted in these forums.

Log here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08831741985455890974

I´m sure the problem is my end and I´ve made some really embarassing rookie mistake with the mods. But I´m willing the take the heat from you guys if I can get these great mods to work and I get to start a new RSS career with some amazing graphics.

Cheers,

JuxuR

Edited by JuxuR

4 minutes ago, JuxuR said:

Hi all!

I´ve been trying to get RVE+EVE+Scatterer working as instructed in this thread but here is my result so far;

Clouds look fine in the map view, but ground view shows black sky and the water is really something different from all the great pics posted in these forums.

Log here: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08831741985455890974

I´m sure the problem is my end and I´ve made some really embarassing rookie mistake with the mods. But I´m willing the take the heat from you guys if I can get these great mods to work and I get to start a new RSS career with some amazing graphics.

Cheers,

JuxuR

The space centre overview is often glitched like that. Have you checked whether it looks OK from the launch pad/runway in flight mode?

9 hours ago, Sol Invictus said:

@JuxuR Looks like you don't have scatterer installed. Once I ended with identical result, because I didn't actually install scatterer, thinking it's bundled already with RVE. Check if you have scatterer.dll in your GameData/scatterer folder.

Hi Sol! I thought so too that I´m missing the scatterer effects, but I checked and I do have \scatterer\scatterer.dll in my Gamedata. 

10 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

The space centre overview is often glitched like that. Have you checked whether it looks OK from the launch pad/runway in flight mode?

The black sky seems to affect only space center view, but the launch pad view is missing the water and scatterer effects if I´m right.

Cheers,

JuxuR

Edited by JuxuR

1 hour ago, JuxuR said:

Hi Sol! I thought so too that I´m missing the scatterer effects, but I checked and I do have \scatterer\scatterer.dll in my Gamedata. 

The black sky seems to affect only space center view, but the launch pad view is missing the water and scatterer effects if I´m right.

Cheers,

JuxuR

Did you make the changes to Scatterer's planetconfig file and rename the Kerbin and Duna folders as per the RSS section on the Scatterer first post or use the Scatterer files included in the RVE download?

On 7/29/2016 at 9:36 AM, h0yer said:

On 7/29/2016 at 8:18 AM, Theysen said:

Don't copy the GitHub scatterer settings over, they're outdated.

Just drop a manual scatterer install into GameData, change folder 'Kerbin' to 'Earth' and change the names in the planetslist.cfg both to Earth. Ingame open the scatterer GUI and set the 'ExperimentalAtmoScale' to 0.8 or less to have a somewhat reasonable atmosphere height. It should work out of the box.

Eureka! It worked, thanks mate :D

Although, I didn't FULLY follow the instructions, I just deleted the old Earth/Mars folders in the scatterer config folder and replaced them with the Kerbin/Duna folders from a freshly loaded scatterer package and manualy changed the XAS to 0.8 in the file without using the scatterer UI.

Again, thanks for your priceless help, I would just wait and bleed from my eyes until either KSP goes 1.2 or RVE goes 1.1.3 :D

Just wanted to let everyone know, that I was having the same exact problem as @h0yer, and what worked for him worked for me as well. Thanks!

Any tips for performance improvement in atmosphere?

I can typically max my framerate (140 fps) in orbit or in map view, and on a fast reentry (Moon) as soon as I hit the atmosphere I start hitting physics delta time limit at 30 fps. Gradually that eases up as I slow down - and it isn't nearly as bad on a launch (I figure rendering stuff flying by at 10.5 km/s is more challenging?). Without EVE or scatterer installed I have no fps issues on a reentry.

50 minutes ago, antilochus said:

Any tips for performance improvement in atmosphere?

Turn down Aero FX in KSP settings menu. (re-entry and mach effects). The lowest setting has a really big impact by leaving just the "skin glow".

12 minutes ago, SkyKaptn said:

Turn down Aero FX in KSP settings menu. (re-entry and mach effects). The lowest setting has a really big impact by leaving just the "skin glow".

Thanks. Should have noted that I have that setting at the lowest level. I guess it would be helpful to know if people have fps issues at high altitude re-entry (immediately on entering atmosphere). I'm not exactly sure what EVE/Scatterer/terrain texture implications are from going 142km to 138km but I think volumetric clouds might be the biggest culprit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2016 at 1:09 PM, F1RacerDan said:

At least you don't have square clouds on kerbin haha :)

ive reinstalled several times and don't have a clue how to fix it?

Having the same problem F1RacerDan mentioned a while back... haven't found a solution in the thread: square clouds... photo reference: https://postimg.org/image/5hzcfxxkb/

EDIT: Disregard, figured it out-- had an old version of EVE I downloaded a while back.

Edited by Jack95970002

On 29/07/2016 at 3:36 PM, h0yer said:

I would just wait and bleed from my eyes until either KSP goes 1.2 or RVE goes 1.1.3 :D

With our luck both events would happen at the same time...

EDIT :

On 08/08/2016 at 3:39 PM, ColKlonk2 said:

A quick question..

Will any of these solutions work on the 64 bit version (windoze) ?

Scatterer works, but with RVE so far I have no success trying all sorts of permutations.

I have a partial answer, I just copied my (RSS/RO/RP-0) folder for this mod from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 and so I have fully working clouds and scatterer although as I installed it a while ago I can`t remember the exact install procedure I followed but I can tell you that it`s working lovely although I only get half a planet of clouds in the menu screen and then only after I have gone into the game. On the way in Earth is bare. I run windoze 64 bit.

So, yes.

Edited by John FX

1 hour ago, FallenPhoenixRA said:

Hi all I am having issues with RVE.  I know that the forum group just helped the guy above but mine is not working at all.  Not clouds, atmosphere or water graphics.  I am running KSP 1.1.3 with RSS installed and I am using 64 bit.

Can you take a screenshot of your GameData folder and post it? 

Edited by hellblazer

Hi everyone, I need help. I managed to get everything working except for the water. The ocean does not appear until I get into space. Also, whenever I move my camera to a certain position the screen goes white like my camera is positioned inside a cloud. If anyone can help me with these problems it would be greatly appreciated.

40 minutes ago, FallenPhoenixRA said:

http://imgur.com/a/JmSPX I hope this helps.

1. Delete the BoulderCo folder
  2. I don't see your RVE folder (should be separate inside the GameData folder)
  3. If your using the 64bit KSP (which you should) download the RVE folder here: https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4  It works in 1.1.3

So you will need EVE, RVE (copy and paste the scatterer and texture replacer folders inside the RVE download into the GameData folder), scatterer and texture replacer. 

Let me know how you make out.

8 minutes ago, hellblazer said:
  3. If your using the 64bit KSP (which you should) download the RVE folder here: https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4  It works in 1.1.3

So you will need EVE, RVE (copy and paste the scatterer and texture replacer folders inside the RVE download into the GameData folder), scatterer and texture replacer. 

Thanks!  Getting ready to boot up my KSP to see.  Also I had taken out the RVE because I didn't want it in my game data folder if it didn't work.  

32 minutes ago, hellblazer said:

Nope I just tried with my Game Data folder like you said and it didn't work.  Here are the pictures  http://imgur.com/a/LB6CI

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.