[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,061 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

Hi guys, at the beginning of installing the mod as it says in the indications of this thread, I had a nice atmosphere and the ocean with nice textures but no clouds. Then I did the installation with the hellblazer tutorial and finally I had clouds but I have no atmosphere and the textures of the ocean are the onesnfrom stock version. It seems that scatterer is not working. My version of scatterer is the last before being updated for version 1.2

Did someone else have the same problem? How can i fix it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2016 at 6:59 AM, ISE said:

Anyone know if these cfgs will be added to a 1.2 compatible release ? 

I am assuming that you are working with Real Solar System and Realism overhaul (which as far as I know are NOT ready for 1.2.X yet)  However, if you are using the stock solar system, may I recommend SVE (which was based on RVE originally, but has since moved on.) , SVE brings the stock environs up to a similar quality.  Anyway, back to RSS/RO, I would stay away from 1.2 for now. I believe this does work with 1.1.3, but I am still checking up on it

On 11/8/2016 at 4:44 PM, Doroniel said:

Hi guys, at the beginning of installing the mod as it says in the indications of this thread, I had a nice atmosphere and the ocean with nice textures but no clouds. Then I did the installation with the hellblazer tutorial and finally I had clouds but I have no atmosphere and the textures of the ocean are the onesnfrom stock version. It seems that scatterer is not working. My version of scatterer is the last before being updated for version 1.2

Did someone else have the same problem? How can i fix it?

6 minutes ago, Fizwalker said:

I am assuming that you are working with Real Solar System and Realism overhaul (which as far as I know are NOT ready for 1.2.X yet)  However, if you are using the stock solar system, may I recommend SVE (which was based on RVE originally, but has since moved on.) , SVE brings the stock environs up to a similar quality.  Anyway, back to RSS/RO, I would stay away from 1.2 for now. I believe this does work with 1.1.3, but I am still checking up on it

Or, I can do you one better and recommend StockSizeRSS for the time being...  You can find the link in my signature. 

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

Or, I can do you one better and recommend StockSizeRSS for the time being...  You can find the link in my signature. 

i managed to fix my problem. I've already tried ssrss and it looks gorgeous :kiss: (love that mod) but my pc barely runs with the mod. I dont understand why my pc handles RSS with RVE and 8k res textures really well, but with Low quality SSRSS , 4k rss tex resolution or even 2k struggles to run it. I'm playing ksp 1.1.3 version.

• 2 months later...
54 minutes ago, JEHEDIAHH said:

Hey does this MOD work with ksp 1.2.2 ?

I tried installing it, but everything just looks purple and earth doesn't have clouds. 

Help, anyone? 

No does not work. There are other visual mods for RSS just have to search for them

i'm sorry if i'm an idiot here, but

this is how the earth should look like after installing the mod, right ? ( I might be wrong)

NimbleFrayedIndianrhinoceros-size_restri

this is  how earth looks like in my game.

y3m0KHPNM5swBXNpI3NggIr6GPx2L9wwjmlDUxB4

did  I do something wrong, or does the earth suppose to look like that ?

(i using ksp 1.1.3)

Edited by JEHEDIAHH
wth, the images didn't show.

1 hour ago, JEHEDIAHH said:

i'm sorry if i'm an idiot here, but

this is how the earth should look like after installing the mod, right ? ( I might be wrong)

NimbleFrayedIndianrhinoceros-size_restri

this is  how earth looks like in my game.

y3m0KHPNM5swBXNpI3NggIr6GPx2L9wwjmlDUxB4

did  I do something wrong, or does the earth suppose to look like that ?

(i using ksp 1.1.3)

In the game scene and map mode yes, not in the tracking station. This is possible with 1.2.2 and newest scatterer, which is not comaptible with 1.1.3 though.

• 2 weeks later...

As there seems to be some confusion how to get this working in 1.2.2 i will share my method below :-)

KSP Version: 1.2.2

1. Download RVE-KSP-1.0.4-Linux64 from the linux branch on github.

2. Install scatterer and TextureReplacer with Ckan

3. Overwrite all the files in GamData with the ones from the RVE download.

4. Optional install Distant Object with ckan

5. Optional Download KSPRC_-_Renaissance_Compilation_artworks_remake-0.7_PreRelease_3 and unpack it

6. Copy ONLY the KSPRC folder into GameData and then the KSPRC.cfg from Texturereplacer into the Texturereplacer dir.

7. Inside the KSPRC delete the Athmosphere folder

This should give you earth with clounds and also high res planets due to KSPRC

Hope this helps someone :-)

Edited by ManuxKerb

Sorry, Haven't played KSP or been here for a while, but is there any word about the next official release of RVE? I remember being able to get it half working in v1.05 but then it broke when I installed about 50 other mods related to RealismOverhaul. Really love this mod, the level of detail and stuff it adds is really good but I haven't heard anything about upcoming releases in a while.

1 hour ago, neutroncookie said:

Sorry, Haven't played KSP or been here for a while, but is there any word about the next official release of RVE? I remember being able to get it half working in v1.05 but then it broke when I installed about 50 other mods related to RealismOverhaul. Really love this mod, the level of detail and stuff it adds is really good but I haven't heard anything about upcoming releases in a while.

I would suggest playing with @Phineas Freak's mod 

Atleast until pete comes back. I know hes always here lurking. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/17/2016 at 8:09 PM, Doroniel said:

i managed to fix my problem. I've already tried ssrss and it looks gorgeous :kiss: (love that mod) but my pc barely runs with the mod. I dont understand why my pc handles RSS with RVE and 8k res textures really well, but with Low quality SSRSS , 4k rss tex resolution or even 2k struggles to run it. I'm playing ksp 1.1.3 version.

May I ask how you fixed the issue you had? 

I am having the same issue. (for 1.1.3) Scatterer not fully working, but clouds and stuff work great. Tried a bunch of different things, but can't get them both working at the same time. Would love to know a fix :)

Thanks

5 hours ago, Ketatrypt said:

May I ask how you fixed the issue you had? 

I am having the same issue. (for 1.1.3) Scatterer not fully working, but clouds and stuff work great. Tried a bunch of different things, but can't get them both working at the same time. Would love to know a fix :)

Thanks

I mess with the configs, see in the scatterer configs if the name of the planet is the same, it should be Earth. Well thats how i remember made it work.

3 hours ago, Doroniel said:

I mess with the configs, see in the scatterer configs if the name of the planet is the same, it should be Earth. Well thats how i remember made it work.

Hmm, yea that was one of the things I tried and it as a no go..

Which version of scatterer do you use?

Do you still have the configs kicking around? If you do could you post the contents of planetlist.cfg and config.cfg?

Or even better, if you could upload the entire scatterer folder I would be very thankful. The folder hierarchy of the one that I have looks suspicious. (scatterer version 0.0255)...  What I mean by looking suspicious, is that the earth and mars folder from this mod (RVE) are in scattterer/config, rather then being in scatterer/config/planets. I tried also copying them to the planets folder, but no luck there iether. 

Would be nice just to move over a known working copy just to see if it works, or maybe its an incompatibility on my end.

Thanks!

Edit - I got it!!

RVE is not compatible with the latest version of scatterer (0.0255). Even though 0.0255 is compatible with kerbal 1.1.3, its not compatible with this, and was causing it not to work. Use scatterer version 0.0247, and change the config line to earth = earth.

Explains the file hierarchy mismatch, because it seems 0.0255 version of scatterer is quite different from 0.0247

Still some artifacting to figure out, but its working now at least :P

Edited by Ketatrypt

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/05/2017 at 8:02 AM, KerbolExplorer said:

Some body plase say what i did wrong;.;

You have not said what the problem is or linked to the post where you say what the problem is.

We do not know what you did so we cannot say what was wrong about it.

45 minutes ago, John FX said:

You have not said what the problem is or linked to the post where you say what the problem is.

We do not know what you did so we cannot say what was wrong about it.

sorry about that

but the problem is now well fix

I think i might messed up the installetion

Edit:i thoght i had an image in that coment:/

Edit 2:heres the image that had to be thereMUksEkx.png

Edited by KerbolExplorer

4 hours ago, KerbolExplorer said:

sorry about that

but the problem is now well fix

I think i might messed up the installetion

Edit:i thoght i had an image in that coment:/

Edit 2:heres the image that had to be thereMUksEkx.png

What version of KSP are you running?

there is an Updated Version for KSP 1.2.2 in another thread. This thread is for the 1.0.5 version of KSP and is kinda old. 

Edited by ISE

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.