[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

[quote name='lextacy']oohhhh crazy beans! That slipped by my radar, he must have just updated the GIB. The venus clouds are in there good deal. There is also the new auroras ! :D Im in for a loooooong night[/QUOTE]

Heh they've actually been there a while I've just been keeping it on the down low :P

Starting to revisit the planets now that scatterer has multiplanet support, here's some VERY preliminary testing pics:
[IMGUR]2lqPd[/IMGUR]

[quote name='Felbourn']Excellent! Because Project Alexandria is on 1965 and technically I should be showing the first Venus landing [SIZE=1](cough uncontrolled impact cough)[/SIZE].[/QUOTE]

I cant wait for that episode ! I left off at 1964 and was wondering how far are you into recording?

[quote name='pingopete']Heh they've actually been there a while I've just been keeping it on the down low :P

Starting to revisit the planets now that scatterer has multiplanet support, here's some VERY preliminary testing pics:
[URL="http://imgur.com/a/2lqPd"]http://imgur.com/a/[/URL][/QUOTE]

those are damn amazing ! Was that first pic Mars?

12 hours ago, Curiosity7907 said:

Can anyone please help 2 problems.

1.For some Reason rve is not working

2.Eve overhaul is making land and water look purple.

Are you using DirectX 10/11? From what I understand and from my own experience, you cannot force DirectX. OpenGL is suggested if you can get it working.

4 hours ago, ReventonHawx said:

Are you using DirectX 10/11? From what I understand and from my own experience, you cannot force DirectX. OpenGL is suggested if you can get it working.

I am using none I am not running out of memory  atol :lol:But memory is not the problem the problem it is not working the clouds are not applying and other stuff.

However,even with OpenGL I find the same results.

35 minutes ago, ReventonHawx said:

With RVE/EVE? I know you can do it with stock but I get wild graphics glitches when I use it with RVE/EVE. I guess I'll have to experiment with it again.

Ah alright sorry, I just dropped in and thought you mean forcing directx11 is impossible. My bad.

On 12/8/2015, 2:05:15, Chris P. Bacon said:

Really looking forward to it man, even if it's just a quick and dirty patch for the new scatterer ;)

So many bugs now however with scatterer on opegl, even though there are some partial fixes I really just want ksp 1.1 x64 :P

On 12/7/2015, 12:29:26, pack_rtr said:

Damn!! Also, when will you update the OP to the new layout?

Working on it!! I kinda wanna totally re-do it but need to make some banners and need figure out how the hell one can embem imgur albums I just can't figure it out D:

26 minutes ago, pingopete said:

Working on it!! I kinda wanna totally re-do it but need to make some banners and need figure out how the hell one can embem imgur albums I just can't figure it out D:

When you open the editor just press the button all the way to the right and then type in the album ID :D

----------------------------------------

0xHHyCk.png

oV7hzd1.png

On 12/7/2015, 12:29:26, pack_rtr said:

Damn!! Also, when will you update the OP to the new layout?

Working on it!! I kinda wanna totally re-do it but need to make some banners an

3 minutes ago, Nhawks17 said:

When you open the editor just press the button all the way to the right and then type in the album ID :D

0xHHyCk.png

oV7hzd1.png

How didn't I get this oh god :blush: :L

Does the removal of the Overhaul branch from rbray's githb repository break the Linux branch? I installed everything following the rules (to the best of my knowledge) using ckan for scatterer, and manual installations of the laterst EVE release from the github page. I'm still on 1.0.4, but did upgrade RSS to 10.3.1...does this break RVE?

Cheers!

Hello and greetings!  I am trying out this for my RSS and I understand this is beta? Well my only issues are the ALT-E does now function. It just sits there and freezes. And the Venus clouds are not there. Your latest config from github....

Spoiler
Gilly
{
}
Eve
{
Kerbin-AtmosphereHigh
{
altitude = 250000
speed = 0
atmosphere
{
atmosphereMaterial
{
_Color = 1,0.8,0.5,1
_Visibility = 0.000015
_DensityRatioY = .9999
_DensityRatioX = .9999
_SunsetColor = 1,0,0,0.45
}
}
}
Kerbin-AtmosphereLow
{
altitude = 40000
speed = 0
atmosphere
{
atmosphereMaterial
{
_Color = 0.6,0.4,0.2,0
_Visibility = 0
_DensityRatioY = 0.5
_DensityRatioX = 0.5
_SunsetColor = 1,0,0,0.45
}
}
}
Venus-Clouds
{
altitude = 10000
speed = 600
layer2D
{
detailSpeed = 0
offset = 0,0,0
shadow = True
shadowOffset = 0,0,0
macroCloudMaterial
{
_Color = 1,1,1,1
_MainTex = RVE/EVE/Atmosphere/Textures/VenusCloud
_DetailTex =
_FalloffPow = 0.1
_FalloffScale = 15
_DetailScale = 100
_DetailDist = 2E-06
_MinLight = 0.5
_FadeDist = 8
_FadeScale = 0.00375
_RimDist = 0.9
_RimDistSub = 0.3
_InvFade = 0.008
}
}
}
}

If im not mistaken should that not say Venus instead of the planet Eve? Well I swapped out the name in the config to change planet name to Venus, but that did not work. What gives?

Edited by FlarpingFlipperFlapper

Hi Flarping Flipper Flapper.. lol.  alt+E is now alt+0 in the latest eve overhaul versions, however from the look of that config you're using the old windows RVE version that used an older version of EVE overhaul. which may well not work with 1.0.5. I'm currently working on a patch for the 1.0.5 update, this will also include a reworked venus and scatterer configs for it, mars, neptune, saturn and uranus. For the time being there is a low cpu usage, relatively updated windows version of RVE [Win32 Branch] in the RVE1.0.4 Repo. It's not updated for 1.0.5 yet but should be much more up to date than the version you're currently using (it doesn't contain any work on venus though) What you saw were some residual entries I'd left in for personal editing.

EDIT: Also what do you guys think of the new OP and banner :D Still a bit messy and not-updated I know, can't figure how to change size of embeded youtube video :/ Let me know if there's anything else you think should be up there! I'll update it again when I next push RVE to git

Does the removal of the Overhaul branch from rbray's githb repository break the Linux branch? I installed everything following the rules (to the best of my knowledge) using ckan for scatterer, and manual installations of the laterst EVE release from the github page. I'm still on 1.0.4, but did upgrade RSS to 10.3.1...does this break RVE?

Cheers!

Uhh actually the overhaul branch is now deprecated.. however it was required for the older versions of RVE, next update changes it to use the Overhauls main branch release.zip. You could try using this instead in the mean time though not sure how well it'll work with 1.0.4 RVE (a lot of changes since then). I have a version that works with 1.0.5 just sorting out some bugs with it at the moment.

Edited by pingopete

7 minutes ago, FlarpingFlipperFlapper said:

ok good info pingopete. I really love your work. Just saw SWdennis show off your new water shaders :D  Ok im running Linux x64...does this change anything what I said earlier?

Those are NOT my shaders!! :P The waves are part of Scatterer and are by Blackrack. Updating to the linux64 branch won't give you venus if that's what you're wondering, it will probably fix some other issues though. You'll need scatterer with it. Sorry I really just need to update RVE to work "properly" in 1.0.5.

Edited by pingopete

pingopete - I love the work you've been doing with RVE, it really creates an immersive and beautiful solar system to explore.

If you get a spare moment - would it be possible to add an Open Source licence to your project on github? I was thinking of forking it and tinkering with some of the configs. BSD, Apache and MIT are all excellent choices.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.