[WIP][1.0.5]* RSS Visual Enhancements (RVE)

pingopete

Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter  

2,062 members have voted

1. 1. Realistically what would you prefer in RVE? -- choose one from each letter

• A) 1 main cloud layer, 1 cirrus layer (Medium/Compromise)
    • A) Low, Medium, High cloud layers (Heavy/Realistic)
    • B) Detail bias towards Land/Atmosphere visuals
    • B) Detail bias towards Orbit/Space visuals
    • C) Realism
    • C) Detail
    • C) CPU accessibility

4 hours ago, NathanKell said:

Do you see a release link in the OP? I don't. So please stop asking for install help for something that isn't even released. If you can't get it working, that means it's not ready for you yet.

4 hours ago, jooly kerman said:

Its so very beautiful    how to install scatterer in RSS    

lmaooo

1 hour ago, Nhawks17 said:

Hey @pingopete, have you looked any further into cubemaps? Specifically getting DDS textures to work with it? I've tried using DXT1 RGB and RGBA with no luck. Curious to see if you might have found anything that was working.

Afraid not, I've only recently tested with png's. Still need to figure out how eve plays with alpha and what not first tbh. I remember before it took ages to get DXT working with transparency.

Some of the things I found made a difference were ARGB, DXT5, 'Don't generate mips', and leaving the transparent section selected in PS when saving. Can't remember weather saving the selection as the alpha channel or just as a selection did anything. Have you spoken with rbray, he'd know best weather EVE can actually read DXT cubemaps currently :)

4 minutes ago, pingopete said:

Afraid not, I've only recently tested with png's. Still need to figure out how eve plays with alpha and what not first tbh. I remember before it took ages to get DXT working with transparency.

Some of the things I found made a difference were ARGB, DXT5, 'Don't generate mips', and leaving the transparent section selected in PS when saving. Can't remember weather saving the selection as the alpha channel or just as a selection did anything. Have you spoken with rbray, he'd know best weather EVE can actually read DXT cubemaps currently :)

Ahh ok, I'll have to test DXT5 when I get the chance. But no, I haven't, I'll poke him next and see if he can give me any tips. I know he was talking about reworking the cube map system anyways but I'll see what he says.

Just want to make you aware of a bug, 

After I passed 130,000 meters (or space as the game calls it) the entire planet began to flicker very quickly between a light shade of blue to a deeper one over and over, even in the map view, I waited for about a minute and got higher but it still flickered giving me a headache in the process. 

I use a mac with a b4 bit work around that has been very stable and reliable. I didn't have this problem up until now, Im not asking for support or a fix. Just raising awakeners incase anyone else has this problem. This mod is beautiful though, and I can't wait for the kinks to be worked out :) keep it up

23 hours ago, NathanKell said:

@pingopete I could not reproduce any issues with the scaled space clip changing not occurring with scatterer uninstalled, so I'm going to release.

Ah ok not sure what it is, didn't realize you were waiting to release :S :P

20 hours ago, Cooboo said:

Just want to make you aware of a bug, 

After I passed 130,000 meters (or space as the game calls it) the entire planet began to flicker very quickly between a light shade of blue to a deeper one over and over, even in the map view, I waited for about a minute and got higher but it still flickered giving me a headache in the process. 

I use a mac with a b4 bit work around that has been very stable and reliable. I didn't have this problem up until now, Im not asking for support or a fix. Just raising awakeners incase anyone else has this problem. This mod is beautiful though, and I can't wait for the kinks to be worked out :) keep it up

Ok that's weird, I have no means of testing with mac but will keep this in mind. Thanks for the heads up :)

2 hours ago, sackfalte said:

Hi sDaZe, awesome gorgeous breathtakingly beautiful video!

Are you using the default RVE/Scatterer config? If not, would you mind sharing what you have changed? :)

Yeah its all the configs made by pete. But im using the Linux version on windows in 64bit.

Guys can you pls explain in details how to install this mod. I'm using 1.0.5 version on ksp. When i install scatterer and EVE and try to replace them with this mod  - nothing happens. Pls help!!!!!

26 minutes ago, Avera9eJoe said:

Almost thinking it's worth doing what other unreleased mods are doing and put a giant red letter warning in the OP. :C

It wouldn't make any difference because people just don't read the OP at all, if they did they'd understand how to install and everything else :/

36 minutes ago, MrMeeb said:

Just ordered another 8GB of RAM, largely for beautiful things like this :3 keep up the amazing work!

Nice yeah I did that when I got my linux dual boot set up, my KSP runs at like 9-10gb ram :D

Glad someone is working on this. I am hoping for a release for when 1.1 is out and all users can run a 64 bit client, something that should open up nice high quality textures to those with the RAM.

Thread followed so I don`t miss it.

Hi Guys, don't normally comment on posts and stuff, I just sit back and keep up to date with the awesome things you produce for the community.

Keep up the fantastic work and don't let the impatience of others and repetitive questioning get you down.

:kiss:

On 3/6/2016 at 3:14 AM, yryrs said:

Game crash while in loading bar after use this mod. Ununtu x64 and KSP x64,12G RAM, After remove EVE,the problem fix, can somebody help me?

https://github.com/Pingopete/RVE-KSP-1.0.4

Download ZIP. Unzip. Place only the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements and RVE folders into the GameData folder. I personally remove the CityLights folder in the RVE section. And the the CityLights.dll in the EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements section. I don't use the sharedassets9.assets 

I've never had a issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.