[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

SEE NEW VERSION HERE. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remote Technologies Group presents...

rrY4fl1.png

RemoteTech - Version 1.6.10

Summary

RemoteTech is a modification for Squad's "Kerbal Space Program" (KSP) which overhauls the unmanned space program. It does this by requiring unmanned vessels have a connection to Kerbal Space Center (KSC) to be able to be controlled. This adds a new layer of difficulty that compensates for the lack of live crew members.

Thanks to Pirate and Fade

Instruction Manual

An extensive instruction manual is available at http://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/ and includes a player guide, gameplay mechanics, detailed part summaries, and tutorials.

Download

The source code for RemoteTech is licensed under GPL version 2. The part models are not licensed to the general public and may not be redistributed without permission from their original creators.

WARNING: the 1.5 release changes the mod's folder and DLL names from "RemoteTech2" to "RemoteTech". If you are upgrading from 1.4, you must delete the old RemoteTech2 folder before installing this version. We take NO RESPONSIBILITY for any bugs that may happen from having both "RemoteTech" and "RemoteTech2" in your GameData folder.

Download from SpaceDock, GitHub or via CKAN

Source-Code: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech

Pre-release builds - https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases

Important: The 'pre-releases' are debug builds of the current development tree. They are not guaranteed to be feature-complete or bug-free. They are intended for those that wish to test out the next version of RemoteTech before it goes on general release and are aware of the risks of doing so.

Suggested Mods

Players have found the following mods enhance their RemoteTech experience:

RemoteTech is not yet compatible with either of the two full-featured autopilot mods, MechJeb and kOS. Mix at your own risk.

Supported Mods

Optional configs

These are mods of the RemoteTech mod. While most of them can be placed anywhere in the GameData folder, you may wish to put them in a personal folder (e.g. GameData/MyScripts/) to avoid overwriting them. Since many of these files are contributed by the community, we provide no support for them:

• Descriptive antenna text -- if you get confused about which antennas fit which roles. Now with 100% less Kerbal humor.
  • RSS Ground Stations -- essential for playing with both RemoteTech and RSS. This file MUST go in GameData/RemoteTech, or it will not work.
  • Stock antenna configs -- for using RemoteTech antennas without the RemoteTech mod

What's new in version 1.6.10

General:

• KSP 1.1.0 update
  • Science transmission fixed

For past release notes, please consult https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/wiki/Release-Notes

Bug Reports

To make a Bug Report, please use the Github issue tracker. You can browse the current list of issues to see if your problem has already been reported by somebody else at https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/issues.

Please follow the instructions at https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md when reporting your bug. Forum posts are difficult to track, and incomplete reports make it impossible for us to locate the source of the problem.

Credits

RT1 Contributors: JDP, The_Duck, gresrun, Tosh, rkman, NovaSilisko, r4m0n, Alchemist, Kreuzung, Spaceghost, Tomato, BoJaN, Mortaq.

RT2 Contributors: JDP, Cilph, TaranisElsu, acc, Vrana, MedievalNerd, NathanKell, jdmj, kommit.

RT2 v1.4.0 and beyond is maintained by the Remote Technologies Group, a community effort to ensure the proliferation of unmanned vessels throughout the known Kerbalverse: Erendrake, Pezmc, Starstrider42, Peppie23, woogoose.

Additional contributions were made by Dail8859, Grays, Jsartisohn, MOARdV, and Reignerok. Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Quick remark: the version file is set to 1.3.3 so version checker complains that 1.4.0 is available. Except I messed up during install then please ignore me.

Thank you for your work!

The version file is in fact set to 1.3.3. This can be fixed by opening the version file with notepad and changing it to the correct numbers, and is anyone going to tell me where the settings file is located?

and is anyone going to tell me where the settings file is located?

RemoteTech_Settings.cfg > EnableSignalDelay = True|False

It's directly in the RT2 folder :wink: (and yes, it's created after first start)

The version file is in fact set to 1.3.3. This can be fixed by opening the version file with notepad and changing it to the correct numbers, and is anyone going to tell me where the settings file is located?

...aaaand we have our first bug report. I could swear I updated the file before we packaged everything. :(

Thanks for the info, I'll get a corrected copy up ASAP.

EDIT: fixed.

Ok, I suggest the devs put that in the guide.

It's on the to-do list, don't worry.

Edited by Starstrider42

Ok, I suggest the devs put that in the guide.

Quite the ingrate.

http://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/#signal-delay

...aaaand we have our first bug report. I could swear I updated the file before we packaged everything. :(

Thanks for the info, I'll get a corrected copy up ASAP.

Speaking of bugs, my flight computer isn't pointing my ships to the correct headings. Could someone check this on their end?

Edited by Citizen Joe

Speaking of bugs, my flight computer isn't pointing my ships to the correct headings. Could someone check this on their end?

It's a known issue, but we've never been able to reproduce it consistently. If you could upload a copy of your save file (preferably with as few mods as possible) and KSP_Data/output_log.txt to the issue tracker, it could help us pin it down.

Hated this mod at first, but am now loving it. Great work! Thanks!...

Hummm going back to hate mode... no really just seeking some help - I've install and started the new version, however now I have lost contact with my probes. Seems those that had pointed at mission control now show "unknown". Anyway to fix this?

Thanks!

Edited by ItchyBrother

Hated this mod at first, but am now loving it. Great work! Thanks!...

Hummm going back to hate mode... no really just seeking some help - I've install and started the new version, however now I have lost contact with my probes. Seems those that had pointed at mission control now show "unknown". Anyway to fix this?

Thanks!

You can send a kerbal up to force the target on your antennas and dishes back to mission control.

Welp; There goes my free time. Kudos to those who've poured their assorted blood/sweat/tears/etc into this project. I really enjoy using it. (And yes, woo github!)