[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Hated this mod at first, but am now loving it. Great work! Thanks!...

Hummm going back to hate mode... no really just seeking some help - I've install and started the new version, however now I have lost contact with my probes. Seems those that had pointed at mission control now show "unknown". Anyway to fix this?

Thanks!

Ok, I've seen stuff like this happen when tweaking RemoteTech, but we didn't see it with the official build. Is it just the mission control dishes that are broken, or all of them?

Edit: Glad to hear it's working now, though?

Is this backwards compatible with the community fix version (13 I think is the build I am using)

No, this is a standalone version. I can't guarantee what will happen if you try to install the community hotfix on top of 1.4.

Edited by Starstrider42

My biggest question is this: Will this cause existing RemoteTech flights to be deleted due to part name changes? I have acouple of probes on their way to the furthest reaches of the galaxy (Not to mention my entire communication network) and I really don't want to lose them.

Is this backwards compatible with the community fix version (13 I think is the build I am using)

The community fix was a patch for the stuff that 1.4 has fixed officially, if I understand things correctly. Either way I was using it too and just updated and everything still works fine for me.

Actually I loaded up and found all my launched probes to be under Local Control, which I found odd. Then I realized I had forgot to transfer over my AIES config to the new install. Still, any idea why the probes would show up as Local Control and not N/A?

And since this is a new thread, here is the AIES config (credit not to me, don't know who did it):

@PART[explonpod]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
IsRTCommandStation = true
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

@PART[investpod]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}
}

@PART[Maxurpod]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}
}

@PART[neptuno]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}
}

@PART[novapod]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}
}

@PART[sondex2pod]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}
}

@PART[torpod]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}
}

@PART[UAEcubplate]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}
}
@PART[Antennacomtec1]
{
!MODULE[ModuleDataTransmitter] {}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0DishRange = 0
Mode1DishRange = 9000000
EnergyCost = 0.2
DishAngle = 45.0

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}

@PART[Antennacomtec2]
{

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0DishRange = 0
Mode1DishRange = 16000000
EnergyCost = 0.35
DishAngle = 45.0

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}

@PART[Antennaesc]
{

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0OmniRange = 500000
Mode1OmniRange = 6000000
EnergyCost = 0.2

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}
@PART[Antennaexpatvr2]
{

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0OmniRange = 500000
Mode1OmniRange = 9000000
EnergyCost = 0.25

DeployFxModules = 0

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}
@PART[AntennaDF2]
{

MODULE
{
OmniRange = 500000
EnergyCost = 0.1

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}
@PART[Dishcl1]
{

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0DishRange = 0
Mode1DishRange = 90000000
EnergyCost = 0.62
DishAngle = 25.0

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}

@PART[Dishmccomu]
{

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0DishRange = 0
Mode1DishRange = 60000000000
EnergyCost = 0.85
DishAngle = 0.04

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}
@PART[dishcomlar1]
{

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0DishRange = 0
Mode1DishRange = 400000000000
EnergyCost = 1.95
DishAngle = 0.04

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}
@PART[Dishomega2g]
{

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0DishRange = 0
Mode1DishRange = 60000000000
EnergyCost = 0.85
DishAngle = 0.04

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}
@PART[Dishpcf]
{

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntenna
Mode0DishRange = 0
Mode1DishRange = 45000000000
EnergyCost = 0.65
DishAngle = 0.04

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
}
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPUPassive
}
}
}

Ok, I've seen stuff like this happen when tweaking RemoteTech, but we didn't see it with the official build. Is it just the mission control dishes that are broken, or all of them?

It was just mission control, everything thing else was talking to each other.

My biggest question is this: Will this cause existing RemoteTech flights to be deleted due to part name changes? I have acouple of probes on their way to the furthest reaches of the galaxy (Not to mention my entire communication network) and I really don't want to lose them.

No, nothing of the sort. And as long as you're not using the Reflectron SS-5 and Reflectron LL-5, you won't be affected when we do delete parts.

The community fix was a patch for the stuff that 1.4 has fixed officially, if I understand things correctly.

Correct.

Actually I loaded up and found all my launched probes to be under Local Control, which I found odd. Then I realized I had forgot to transfer over my AIES config to the new install. Still, any idea why the probes would show up as Local Control and not N/A?

N/A means no RemoteTech parts whatsoever, including no antennas. Otherwise, anything that can be controlled without a network connection is Local Control. Kind of an odd distinction, I know.

N/A means no RemoteTech parts whatsoever, including no antennas. Otherwise, anything that can be controlled without a network connection is Local Control. Kind of an odd distinction, I know.

Whoops, I meant "No Connection". None of these craft should have been able to have Local Control, they were just AIES Nova cores for the control unit, which require a connection to Mission Control to function. Anyways, like I said it was all due to the missing config file I don't think it was a bug

Whoops, I meant "No Connection". None of these craft should have been able to have Local Control, they were just AIES Nova cores for the control unit, which require a connection to Mission Control to function. Anyways, like I said it was all due to the missing config file I don't think it was a bug

No, that's not a bug. Any probe core that doesn't have a RemoteTech module in it can be controlled, like in the stock game. And it's neither possible nor legal to change that (since that would require changing stock code).

Why i have "connection packed" error? I have direct line of sight with my interplanetary probe, sufficient antenna range, yet i have no command of it. And i see the delay rise with distance, so how i can calculate the delay, when i want to execute a node, in let's say 100 days and 80Mm later? Just a simple distance divided by speed of light? Or the formula is more complicated?

Why i have "connection packed" error? I have direct line of sight with my interplanetary probe, sufficient antenna range, yet i have no command of it. And i see the delay rise with distance, so how i can calculate the delay, when i want to execute a node, in let's say 100 days and 80Mm later? Just a simple distance divided by speed of light? Or the formula is more complicated?

"Connection packed" should only show up if you're using time warp. Does it still show up even if you go down to 1×?

I'm not sure I understand your second question. If you can see your signal delay, then you should have a connection. Are you saying that, despite being officially connected, nothing shows up in the computer queue?

So, what about autopilot scripting?

I mean the ability to execute a script with kOS or kRPC 'on the probe' so it gets around signal delay.

I vaguely remember that kOS integration was in the works for RT2, but I lost track of development. I personally would prefer kRPC, if possible.

' Would like to point out that the vessel dupe bug is still there.

I don't know if I updated correctly, but the way I did it was to paste the Gameplay folder and overwrite all 1.3.3 files.

' Would like to point out that the vessel dupe bug is still there.

I don't know if I updated correctly, but the way I did it was to paste the Gameplay folder and overwrite all 1.3.3 files.

No. You need to remove the folder of the previous version. Then copy/move the new one into your GameData. Don't overwrite anything. That's how you should do it for all mods...

Is anyone esle getting a Null Error when launching a sat but manned are all good ?

Can you post the output_log.txt (or at least the part with the exception) in the issue tracker? Please don't send KSP.log, that doesn't have enough information for us to figure out where an exception is coming from.

So, what about autopilot scripting?

I mean the ability to execute a script with kOS or kRPC 'on the probe' so it gets around signal delay.

I vaguely remember that kOS integration was in the works for RT2, but I lost track of development. I personally would prefer kRPC, if possible.

It's still in the works, but from the kOS side. Ask erendrake about it; I don't know the details myself.

As for kRPC, you'll have to ask them to integrate with the RemoteTech API, much like kOS is planning to. It's not something we can do from our end.

Would like to point out that the vessel dupe bug is still there.

Please post this to the duplication thread on the issue tracker, following the guidelines listed on this thread's OP. The trouble with the duplication bug (in its current incarnation) is that it's very intermittent, so we need the exact setup: save game, modlist, output_log.txt, the works.

If we can't reproduce it, we can't figure out where it's coming from.

Hey I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but the RemoteTech_Settings.cfg file seems to be missing.

Also is it just me or is the coding for the cfg files seem to be all packed into 4 lines rather than spaced out and neat like it was before (if you get what i mean).