[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

I'm sorry, if i missed some instructions, but i have a small problem.

RemoteTech is loading, i got the parts and some added functions to the orbital map. However, while in the left upper corner the red icon together with an N/A is showing, i still have full control over my unmanned spaceprobe.

Did i miss anything, or do i have to go and hunt for the bug?

I'm using Linux.

You may have more than one ModuleManager.dll or none. Use 2.1.5 only.

If you're seeing those buttons, then you're missing Module Manager. It's needed to give the stock antennas RemoteTech capabilities.

It should have been bundled with the RemoteTech install. Just put ModuleManager.2.1.5.dll in GameData (not GameData/RemoteTech2, but GameData) and you should be good to go.

BINGO! That worked, thanks for the help

I tried to launch my first satellite with an SSTO yesterday. The problem was I lost control with KSC when I deployed the sat. So I had to get out from the SSTO with a kerbal and set a target manually.

I got an idea after that. I just don`t know if it is possible or not. As we can create a communication station with 6+ kerbal on-board, can I make a short range communication station with a single kerbal? Lets say you could create a short range control for maximum 5Km if you have less than 6 kerbal.

If anyone have an idea how to create this, I would really appreciate it. :)

I tried to launch my first satellite with an SSTO yesterday. The problem was I lost control with KSC when I deployed the sat. So I had to get out from the SSTO with a kerbal and set a target manually.

I got an idea after that. I just don`t know if it is possible or not. As we can create a communication station with 6+ kerbal on-board, can I make a short range communication station with a single kerbal? Lets say you could create a short range control for maximum 5Km if you have less than 6 kerbal.

If anyone have an idea how to create this, I would really appreciate it. :)

I don't think the number of Kerbals will affect the range of communication, but the maximum number of communcation links. However that's a totally different feature.

I've actually experimented with a groundbased relay network on Kerbin,worked pretty well but the distances between the relays was not consistent,I was waiting for 'over the horizon' (if it ever comes from it)

I'm having an issue where putting in a time delay then hitting an action group ( say very early career mode flying probes on a flyby that return to Kerbin and having it perform science at the periapsis of the Mun) refuses to work. It will fire the action group the moment I touch it even tho the flight computer registers that I have it set to an 8 hr delay.

I'm having an issue where putting in a time delay then hitting an action group ( say very early career mode flying probes on a flyby that return to Kerbin and having it perform science at the periapsis of the Mun) refuses to work. It will fire the action group the moment I touch it even tho the flight computer registers that I have it set to an 8 hr delay.

I think by default the signal delay is set to false in the cfg file or the career save file. I can't remember which I haven't messed with it in so long.

I think by default the signal delay is set to false in the cfg file or the career save file. I can't remember which I haven't messed with it in so long.

It's set to true by default on mine. It's just weird that the FC reads that I want a 8 hr delay and doesn't que it at all just fires it soon as I touch an action group.

I think by default the signal delay is set to false in the cfg file or the career save file

Doubtful. It would be a bit odd for RT2 to disable one of its main features like that. Sounds like a bug with the flight computer when using AG

Whenever I cancel a command, it still keeps the command active, no way to cancel and it ends up wasting fuel. I had to deorbit my sat because of it

Was there enough time for the command to get to the ship? Cancellations are subject to signal delay and connection status, just like any other command.

I've used action groups on manual delay with no problem. Just to be clear, did you get the text to the left of the manual delay box to show 8 hours (by hitting enter after typing your value), or was it just in the text box itself? It's an easy mistake to make, took me ages to figure it out myself.

A screenshot of your flight computer window might help.

Edited by Starstrider42

Was there enough time for the command to get to the ship? Cancellations are subject to signal delay and connection status, just like any other command.

I've used action groups on manual delay with no problem. Just to be clear, did you get the text to the left of the manual delay box to show 8 hours (by hitting enter after typing your value), or was it just in the text box itself? It's an easy mistake to make, took me ages to figure it out myself.

A screenshot of your flight computer window might help.

Flight computer itself showed that it had a delay attached to it. Tomorrow I can do a quick video of it if it flips out again since that might help more than a SS.

Ok so something I would really really like to see is passive transmissions.

It should be possible, if a craft has any type of antenna (like the small omni) to activate systems on the craft without needing a "link" to actually exist - i.e. broadcasting into the blind "open the big antenna".

This would make communications way less frustrating when things go wrong (give some recovery options), and be somewhat more accurate to real life (i.e. Curiosity on Mars uses the orbiting probes for high throughput transmission but also has a very small transmitter that links it directly to Earth via the DSN).

For someone who's skilled with C# but has no Unity experience, how would you suggest getting involved with a project like RemoteTech 2, Starstrider?

Easy. Get Unity experience by working on RemoteTech 2. :D

For once, I'm being serious. I had a bit of experience with events and MonoBehaviours (from Custom Asteroids, which I *will* get back to this summer) before I joined the Remote Technologies Group, but that didn't cover parts, modules, etc. So I keep bookmarks to the Unity API and Community-compiled KSP API handy, and look things up as needed. I'm pretty sure some of the other RTG members are in the same boat; not all of us are experienced modders.

So I say pick an issue (preferably, confirmed bugs rather than new features) and start fixing.

what IsicDiscontinuity said. Or at least antennae extending without connection established allowed :)

That one's already been suggested; if it does get put in, it will probably be as an optional difficulty setting much like disabling signal delay is now. IsicDiscontinuity's version sounds a little too broad IMO -- how do you define what counts as "activating systems"?

Found my issue. Seems Nova Punch's probe core is no longer got the spu in the MM configs by default.

That strange. If you were using a non-SPU probe core, you shouldn't have been able to open the flight computer in the first place. Were you using two probe cores or something?

Easy. Get Unity experience by working on RemoteTech 2. :D

For once, I'm being serious. I had a bit of experience with events and MonoBehaviours (from Custom Asteroids, which I *will* get back to this summer) before I joined the Remote Technologies Group, but that didn't cover parts, modules, etc. So I keep bookmarks to the Unity API and Community-compiled KSP API handy, and look things up as needed. I'm pretty sure some of the other RTG members are in the same boat; not all of us are experienced modders.

So I say pick an issue (preferably, confirmed bugs rather than new features) and start fixing.

That one's already been suggested; if it does get put in, it will probably be as an optional difficulty setting much like disabling signal delay is now. IsicDiscontinuity's version sounds a little too broad IMO -- how do you define what counts as "activating systems"?

That strange. If you were using a non-SPU probe core, you shouldn't have been able to open the flight computer in the first place. Were you using two probe cores or something?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwYzqg0314S0RnRDaEJtbDRpNGM/edit?usp=sharing

Craft file there. Nope single probe core with a few science experiments I sent on a flyby of the Mun for cheap points fairly early on in my save.