[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

I remember reading a while ago, that by default, the cones of the dishes are so narrow, that if you do not have the optimal dish for a given range, the cone is even smaller than the planet (or typical orbits around it).

Of course, the cone is in the partfiles (it's called "Dishangle"), so if you consider them too strict, you could fix that with a few keystrokes. Not sure if that applies to already deployed ships though.

What dish from Kerbin to the Mun you using ? can you see the Dishangle pointing at the Mun or a wide cone about 2MM both sides of the Mun ?

EDIT- There is only 2 dishes to use at that range and thats the Comms DTS-m1 and Reflectron KR-7

Edited by Mecripp2

I remember reading a while ago, that by default, the cones of the dishes are so narrow, that if you do not have the optimal dish for a given range, the cone is even smaller than the planet (or typical orbits around it).

Of course, the cone is in the partfiles (it's called "Dishangle"), so if you consider them too strict, you could fix that with a few keystrokes. Not sure if that applies to already deployed ships though.

Are there any known bugs in the display of the cone in the map view? Because the display showed a cone wide enough to fir the whole orbit of the satellite in question.

Is there a way to have remote tech start with additional ground stations deactivated? I am currently using the kerbinside plugin and am adding addition ground stations scaled back based site strucures and types. I think it would be really cool to be able to have a plugin to purchase additional bases with ground station functionality in 0.24 rather than just having them available from the start.

I'd like to speak to the team leader of this project, please PM me.

We dont have a team lead, we develop features and achieve quorum before we add something to the code but for now there is no single lead. whats up?

Has the issue where a probe that has not been focussed in a long time (and the relay satellite has not been focussed in a long time) will become stuck in "Not Connected" state even though both the probe and the relay are (1) pointed at each other, (2) in range, and (3) have clear LOS been solved yet?

My Jool probes will quite reliably get "Not Connected" since I don't look at them for a while, requiring me to edit the persistant file to force them back into "Connected" state. I have reported this problem before but I haven't been on the forum for a while so I was wondering if this issue has been fixed, or will be fixed for 0.24?

@Krasimir: go to your favorite search engine, type "kerbal" or "kerbal forum" + the name of the mod you want, tadaaa!

I pulled too much hair fighting with the forum's search tool to let you struggle alone.

i spend s*tload of time searching for this mod, W T F is wrong with this forum search functions???? i found the link using youtube beleave or not!

The [thread=55401]stickied post[/thread] at the top of the Add-on forum has links (most of which are even up-to-date.) I usually just go there and do a Ctrl-F search to find the mods I'm looking for.

EDIT: The RT link is not up-to-date. It goes to Cilph's old thread, but the first post there has a link to this one.

forum search completely sucking isn't anything specific to this forum. Search of ALL community-based websites sucks nowadays - be it forums, be it file hosters like curse - even if you literarely know the exact topic title, and enter it with correct case - that is, EVERY SINGLE BIT is identical - stuff doesn't appear in the results.

In the world of web 2.0, you use search engines and stackoverflow to search websites, because websites cannot find their very own stuff. The only exception to this golden rule is google - google doesn't find anything either, even if you know the precise verbatim textstring of the page title or part of the url.

Don't forget that the orbital time has been changed form 6 hours to 5h 59m 1s when you're setting up your geosynchronous comm sats.

Edit: Anyone having issues with switching to a satellite causing there to be no focus at all? The first satellite I put up, when I switch to it, it focuses on blank space. When I hit map mode it focuses on the sun, and when I refocus on Kerbin and try to go to a craft, it's completely broken. From there, if I go to space center, I focus inside of Kerbin (like inside the planet) and can't do anything from there. It's completely broken.

Edited by Shiv

Hi Guys,

Need some help. I used to play with remotetech before. But I felt the signal delay was a bit to much for a mediocre player like myself. It mentions here that I can turn it off in the settings file. I have opened all the .cfg files I could find, but cannot find where to turn it off really ... any help would be appreciated!

To comply with Kerbal law, RemoteTech is required to delay your control input so that signaling does not exceed the ‘speed of light’ (pfft, what a silly law). If you are aware of the consequences of breaking the law (or like being a rebel), you are free to turn this off in the settings file.

Hi Guys,

Need some help. I used to play with remotetech before. But I felt the signal delay was a bit to much for a mediocre player like myself. It mentions here that I can turn it off in the settings file. I have opened all the .cfg files I could find, but cannot find where to turn it off really ... any help would be appreciated!

In RemoteTech_Settings there's enablesignaldelay which you need to change to false. The settings file only shows up after you change something in-game (like toggle what is visible on the map).

In RemoteTech_Settings there's enablesignaldelay which you need to change to false. The settings file only shows up after you change something in-game (like toggle what is visible on the map).

So I have to:

1) Startup KSP

2) Do something with remotetech

3) go to /GameData/RemoteTech2 folder

4) Find the RemoteTech_Settings file and edit it?