[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Any reports on RT2 on .24?

Forgetaboutthat, I just let lazyness behind and read the last few pages... odd behaviours, hum?

well.. I searched the last 15-20 pages and didn't find the answer if RT-2 is now .24-Stock-compliant or not.... This is my "most needed" add-on, which has a potential increase of the immersion of KSP.

For me it "kinda" works on 0.24 x64 in that multi-node signal relaying seems broken.

Craft #2 is ok using Craft #1 that is itself in direct contact with Mission Control, but Craft #3 which is in contact with Craft #2 doesn't get the relay between #2 and #1 and has no connection.

I've not tested it methodically yet, but so far it's reproducible, doesn't suffer from other problems and doesn't have causes other than a potential bug (antennas are properly set up and activated, they aren't out of range etc...).

Nope, it works, it was a PEBCAK.

Edited by EthanKerbman

For me it "kinda" works on 0.24 x64 in that multi-node signal relaying seems broken.

Craft #2 is ok using Craft #1 that is itself in direct contact with Mission Control, but Craft #3 which is in contact with Craft #2 doesn't get the relay between #2 and #1 and has no connection.

I've not tested it methodically yet, but so far it's reproducible, doesn't suffer from other problems and doesn't have causes other than a potential bug (antennas are properly set up and activated, they aren't out of range etc...).

Nope, it works, it was a PEBCAK.

Did it work out of the box for you on 64 bit? Because whenever I try to launch a game, it crashes while loading the savegame with RT2 on 64bit. Odd.

RT2 v1.4 is working out of the box for me at least, although I did start a new save for 0.24 instead of continuing my old one for a variety of reasons

Apparently there can be some MODULE{} difficulties between old (0.23.5) craft, affecting both pre-existing .craft files, and also the way vessels in flight were stored in the persistence [save] files which can cause loading errors (via Toadicus) under the updated 0.24 PartModule loading system.

Hopefully the module{} loading errors will get addressed in the 0.24.1 hotfix

I have installed RT in 0.24 and noticed some weird behavior on transmitting science data, like transmission of 1.5 science points (Crew Report from launch pad, 100% valeu for xmit) showing "0.1 Science data transmitted" on message log and 1.26 Science points in Lab research report for the same event.

I have removed my addons one by one and pinpointed the problem to RT2. A bug? Anyone seen this before? Should I trash the antennaes and bring those reports written down in a space napkin every time?

Ok I just read through the past 10 pages and didn't find any problems completely similar to mine.

I'm using remote tech 2 (v1.4.0) with x64 KSP (v0.24) and I set up a quick 3 satellite network at an altitude of 1000km with the omnidirectional antenna that have a range of 2.5Mm. The satellites will connect with mission control, but not with each other. They are all within range of each other (~1.8Mm) and they can all see each other (I checked with the directional dishes).

I know it's just a cosmetic request/suggestion, but would it be possible to add the current version of RemoteTech 2 and the version of the game it's compatible with, so the thread title could be something like: [0.23.5][Development Resumed]RemoteTech 2. Or something to that effect.

Since it is so cosmetic, I totally understand if this suggestion is tossed by the wayside.

It is a sensible suggestion and its been asked numerous times.

I think the problem no one really knows what version it is compatible with. Someone will say "it works!!!" followed by five other people detailing odd behaviour.

I'm using remote tech 2 (v1.4.0) with x64 KSP (v0.24) and I set up a quick 3 satellite network at an altitude of 1000km with the omnidirectional antenna that have a range of 2.5Mm. The satellites will connect with mission control, but not with each other. They are all within range of each other (~1.8Mm) and they can all see each other (I checked with the directional dishes).

Altitude of 1000 or semimajor axis of 1000? An orbit with altitude of 1000km has a semi major axis of 1600km (Kerbin's radius is 600km). Assuming your satellites are separated by 120°, the line of sight distance from one satellite to another is 2700km and change. For a three satellite constellation it usually best to have your satellites at about 700km.

I know it's just a cosmetic request/suggestion, but would it be possible to add the current version of RemoteTech 2 and the version of the game it's compatible with, so the thread title could be something like: [0.23.5][Development Resumed]RemoteTech 2. Or something to that effect.

You'd still have people asking "Is this compatible with .24 yet?" even if the post immediately above theirs says, "Working in .24". People are stupid.

You'd still have people asking "Is this compatible with .24 yet?" even if the post immediately above theirs says, "Working in .24". People are stupid.

People doesn't read past the title mostly...

Altitude of 1000 or semimajor axis of 1000? An orbit with altitude of 1000km has a semi major axis of 1600km (Kerbin's radius is 600km). Assuming your satellites are separated by 120°, the line of sight distance from one satellite to another is 2700km and change. For a three satellite constellation it usually best to have your satellites at about 700km.

Whoops! I was using my altitude for the calculation instead of my SMA. I hate making silly mistakes. Thanks for the extra set of eyes!

I have installed RT in 0.24 and noticed some weird behavior on transmitting science data, like transmission of 1.5 science points (Crew Report from launch pad, 100% valeu for xmit) showing "0.1 Science data transmitted" on message log and 1.26 Science points in Lab research report for the same event.

I have removed my addons one by one and pinpointed the problem to RT2. A bug? Anyone seen this before? Should I trash the antennaes and bring those reports written down in a space napkin every time?

You might be running into this bug: http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/2790

So I took a leap and installed this in my game. Only bug I have run into is having to switch vessels to force it to recheck possible connections between probes. It should be noted that I am playing in noob mode with no flight computer and no signal delay.

Hello, in the current release (1.4.0) the changelog says that the following issue: "Fixed electric charge consumption at higher time-warp factors" is fixed.However, when my energy consumption from my dishes is about 13e.c. per second, and I start to warp at no matter what speed (5x, 10x...), the electricity consumption is staying at 13, while it should increase.

I can also confirm this. I'm doing a trip to Minmus and I did notice some odd values while transmitting, but didn't check it any further at the time. For the record, it's a new save in 0.24 and a fresh install, and I'm using the 32 bit KSP version (there are other mods besides RT2 of course, but nothing that could have an obvious influence on science transmission). So assuming the stock-ksp-bug linked to a few posts above is accurate, I'm not having that issue as it is only supposed to affect 64 bit.

The setup is a basic 'mothership' with fuel and a science lab, and a small lander for collecting the experiments. I then store the stuff in the capsule and transmit only the 100% trasmittable science, most notably EVA reports and crew reports. There is no chance that I'm running out of power as I brought an amount of batteries that can only be described as overkill. Seing your report made me check my archives to see what was up, and there is obviously something wrong:

fyrwjcJ.png

Note that there are both types of report that are missing some amount of science somehow. As I understand it, that should never happen unless your spacecraft dies while transmitting or something (like runs out of power completely). There are also reports that show up but show 0 science, most notably the EVA reports from the great and greater flats. Since I've transmitted all the reports I had (and I've landed on the great flats) that report apparently completely vanished during transmission. (The Materials studies and goo experiments are of course stored in the capsule for return to Kerbin later, so that's perfectly fine.)

So I took a leap and installed this in my game. Only bug I have run into is having to switch vessels to force it to recheck possible connections between probes. It should be noted that I am playing in noob mode with no flight computer and no signal delay.

You do realize that the flight computer acts more or less as an auto pilot after you set up a maneuver node... right? Having that turned off to me sounds like hardcore mode, not noob mode...

You do realize that the flight computer acts more or less as an auto pilot after you set up a maneuver node... right? Having that turned off to me sounds like hardcore mode, not noob mode...

It's the no signal delay that makes it noob mode. With signal delay, flying manually with anything more than a second or two of signal delay is punishingly difficult and doing precision maneuvers is basically impossible.