[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

Do I need the old modulemanager in this file as well as the new one.. Not sure how it will react if the DLL has a different name. My other mods are using the new one.

No. You should always only have the latest module manager. Currently that's 2.2.0.

If somebody German is able then he can help me maybe in German.

Sure, just send me a PM in german, I'll try to help that way (I'm also german). Should be much easier.

(Note for the PM: Versuch bitte so genau zu beschreiben, was du schon gemacht und probiert hast.)

Hello Kerbelnauts

I am new to this forum and play KSP for quite a while. I installed the new RemoteTech version 1.40 but I can not connect with my satellite or probes. The field is always red, indicating "No Connection".

Does anyone have an idea how I can fix it?

I play KSP in version 0.24.2 x64.

Greetings Todesschabe

Hi.

I think that you're playing with RSS mod installed ))

If so, you need to set correct coordinates for KSC, which are 28.608389/-80.604333

Also edit the KSC antennas range.

The only thing I'm missing for RT2 on 24.x is custom contracts for CommSats. But the mod per se works just fine.

Yeah, that would be great. I was bored of the stock contracts after ~1h play time.

ask i it need to implant rt2 in the pods to make a cfg file like mj implant mj2 in the pods?

Hey, I used this:

@PART
[*]:HAS[!MODULE[ModuleSPU],#vesselType[Probe]]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
TechRequired = unmannedTech
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

That's my first MM hack though so don't quote me on it.. Works for me though.

So I have this problem and I have no idea why I cannot find anybody else having it. The issue is that that if you normally were to launch your satellite you would see a green line connecting to your KSC(the red dot) but I don't see the connection happening. Also I have a connection with my KSC no matter where I am in the solar system. I cannot pick my target(as I don't have that option on any of the dishes and antennae). It works as if only half of the mod was installed. I do have a couple of mods installed alongside this one.

Yeah, that would be great. I was bored of the stock contracts after ~1h play time.

That would indeed be a great addition.

Suggestion for contract parameters. Not all combinations are logical.

# of satellites

Single, Two, Constellation

Orbit:

Low orbit (80-500km),

Medium orbit (500-1500km),

High orbit (>1500),

Synchronous (2 863.33),

Semi-synchronous,

Mjolnir,

Inclinations

0, 90, 180, 270, random number

Number and type of antennae / dishes

Body

Kerbin, etc.

So I have this problem and I have no idea why I cannot find anybody else having it. The issue is that that if you normally were to launch your satellite you would see a green line connecting to your KSC(the red dot) but I don't see the connection happening. Also I have a connection with my KSC no matter where I am in the solar system. I cannot pick my target(as I don't have that option on any of the dishes and antennae). It works as if only half of the mod was installed. I do have a couple of mods installed alongside this one.

i have same problem icancto give list of mods that u use i use interstellar mechjeb kas and some others but only with parts ( on fresh copy with no other mods work good)

i check new game still dont work properly

Edited by sober667

So I have a bit of an odd one.

I am using build-develop-32 (I will test with stock shortly) and on a sandbox mode, if I launch purely an OKTO, I get a connection (as expected) due to the built in omni antenna.

If I do the same thing in a career mode (same mods, configs, etc, even from a fresh career mode where I edited the save to give enough science to get to the OKTO), I get No Connection.

The debug output in the log seems to be registering the antenna

https://gist.github.com/aelana/41cf67ee889fc24a204d

But I get no connection unless I put on another active antenna or a TT-18A Stability Enhancer.

Anyone know where this strange behavior is coming from. I could understand a difference if there were the possibility of save game corruption or different mod incompatibilities but I can do it from clean savegames using the same mods... the only difference is career mode vs sandbox.

NOTE: I am getting the same thing with 1.4.0

NOTE2: I am getting the issue with just ModuleManager 2.2.0 and RemoteTech (basically a cleanroom install). Here is the full output_log from that run:

https://gist.github.com/aelana/fc05ed1634a35691b1c4

Edited by elfindreams

i have same problem icancto give list of mods that u use i use interstellar mechjeb kas and some others but only with parts ( on fresh copy with no other mods work good)

i check new game still dont work properly

Damn, I completely didn't notice that I had three different versions of ModuleManager.dll in my GameData folder. So I got rid of two of them and now I only have the 2.2.0 one. Hope it fixes your problem too.

Edited by Guest

The Clone Kraken (aka. Insta-Kessler) strikes again!!

ku3Xfp7.png

Luckly it was in a parking orbit and not in it's final orbit for communication missions. Anywho...I can't seem to find the post. Any known fix for this?

UPDATE: I found what appears to be the duplicate VESSEL in my persistent.sfs, but when I delete the VESSEL{...}, I cannot resume a saved game from the main menu.

Edited by Kalloran

This may seem like an oddball question, but is there any record of who made the various antenna models? I've segregated them from the mod so I can add them as cosmetic additions to my vessels.

I can of course keep that to myself and it won't really matter, but if it's permitted, I thought that packing them up just to be used for eye candy might be of interest to others as well...

So I have a bit of an odd one.

I am using build-develop-32 (I will test with stock shortly) and on a sandbox mode, if I launch purely an OKTO, I get a connection (as expected) due to the built in omni antenna.

If I do the same thing in a career mode (same mods, configs, etc, even from a fresh career mode where I edited the save to give enough science to get to the OKTO), I get No Connection.

The debug output in the log seems to be registering the antenna

https://gist.github.com/aelana/41cf67ee889fc24a204d

But I get no connection unless I put on another active antenna or a TT-18A Stability Enhancer.

Anyone know where this strange behavior is coming from. I could understand a difference if there were the possibility of save game corruption or different mod incompatibilities but I can do it from clean savegames using the same mods... the only difference is career mode vs sandbox.

NOTE: I am getting the same thing with 1.4.0

NOTE2: I am getting the issue with just ModuleManager 2.2.0 and RemoteTech (basically a cleanroom install). Here is the full output_log from that run:

https://gist.github.com/aelana/fc05ed1634a35691b1c4

First thing to check: the built-in 3km omni has "TechRequired = unmannedTech". It's supposed to be a late addition to the probe cores you already have. Try giving yourself enough science to get to Unmanned Tech in the tree and see if it works once you unlock the node.

Suggestion to the RT2 team: add a dummy part to Unmanned Tech (like MechJeb and Procedural Fairings do) so it's obvious that that node unlocks "Probe Core Upgrade: Integrated Antenna".

The Clone Kraken (aka. Insta-Kessler) strikes again!!

http://i.imgur.com/ku3Xfp7.png

Luckly it was in a parking orbit and not in it's final orbit for communication missions. Anywho...I can't seem to find the post. Any known fix for this?

UPDATE: I found what appears to be the duplicate VESSEL in my persistent.sfs, but when I delete the VESSEL{...}, I cannot resume a saved game from the main menu.

If you can get to the tracking station without focusing on the cloned vessels, you can just delete all the copies except the very first one. So if there's:

KEOSat - A

KEOSat - A

KEOSat - A

KEOSat - B

KEOSat - C

In the tracking list, just terminate the latter two KEOSat A. Not that this fixes the problem, but it'll keep you from breaking your save/having a cloud of debris.

This may seem like an oddball question, but is there any record of who made the various antenna models? I've segregated them from the mod so I can add them as cosmetic additions to my vessels.

I can of course keep that to myself and it won't really matter, but if it's permitted, I thought that packing them up just to be used for eye candy might be of interest to others as well...

I'm not sure, but I am definitely interested. You should post a few pics :)

If you can get to the tracking station without focusing on the cloned vessels, you can just delete all the copies except the very first one. So if there's:

KEOSat - A

KEOSat - A

KEOSat - A

KEOSat - B

KEOSat - C

In the tracking list, just terminate the latter two KEOSat A. Not that this fixes the problem, but it'll keep you from breaking your save/having a cloud of debris.

This is what I was going to suggest too. I had luck doing it that way, except on the few occasions when I would forget. Though, knowing it would could happen, quicksave became my friend.

I had the idea of buying new surface tracking stations / relay stations on kerbin for (much) funds. So it would be more realistic.

Can I just +1 this great idea? ;)

I realise you can do this by landing a probe with antennae on it somewhere on Kerbin. Could this be added in for new contracts, along with the earlier-suggested idea of having contracts for e.g. the establishment of communications satellite constellations?

Great mod, looking forward to the v0.24.2 bugs being ironed out. :)

Is version 1.4 working on x64 Windows for anyone else? It is always causing KSP to crash during on the loading screen.. Delete the RemoteTech folder and the crashing stops. Working fine w/ 32bit. Dev build #32 works fine in 64bit though.