[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

@Starstrider42 Im going to ask something that might be asking a bit to much. A while back I first saw Mechjeb creating its cfg files in this lateral alignment as apposed to the type vertical, with each line being horizontal. I have an incredibly hard time altering and changing the cfg files in this current trend of orientation. Is it easier for you guys to create the cfg files in this manner, or is it just a "fad" that is sweeping through the modding community? I am sure it has to have some intrinsic value but its killing my ability to quickly alter all the TONS of mods I constantly have on my current build. If this is a no go, then thanks anyway, if this is possible, then thankyou just the same. Any of the editing of cfg's you need work done on, I would be happy to donate my time to help the cause, and unlike most players, cfg's are calming and seem to relax me as I file through changing misc Issues. Please feel free to call on me for the work duty. Being disabled it gives me the early retirement with out much money for many hobbies so this is perfect.

Thx again as always from Oregon,

Dren

Hi, I have just created a web-based satellite network planner for RT2.

http://ryohpops.github.io/kspRemoteTechPlanner/

I will be happy if this can be of any help.

To RemoteTech2 development team, thank you for your great MOD, and please let me know if there are any problems.

Love the site, the only thing I would request is have a dropdown that has the various antennas default ranges pre-filled in. Still let us set a custom range but a pre-filled in range would be nice so I did not need to keep double checking the wiki for what numbers I need to plug in if I want to test the various omni range antennas.

Edited by leftler

Hi, I have just created a web-based satellite network planner for RT2.

http://ryohpops.github.io/kspRemoteTechPlanner/

I will be happy if this can be of any help.

To RemoteTech2 development team, thank you for your great MOD, and please let me know if there are any problems.

Wow! This is great!

would it be possible to also take the real life sizes of Earth and Moon into the drop-down menu? Or custom sizes? Then it would also work with Real Solar System and Realism Overhaul!

Thank you guys :)

I'm ready to provide own forum thread here.

@ArkaelDren

List of data-pre-filled antennas will be implemented soon.

@mecki

Sorry, I'm not planning to prepare data for the universe other than Kerbol system, but Parameter Direct Input mode will be available in the near future.

Edited by ryohpops

I love the progress that is made. GJ modding this brilliant plugin! Only question that remains at the moment; does it still tend to duplicate ships? I want to run a long series of missions, but rather not see it break down half-way due to ships duplication themselves to oblivion.. :) I read it had been 'Significantly reduced', but I'm not sure that is as in ''Significant' tax decrease' or as in Significant tax increase'.

@Starstrider42 Im going to ask something that might be asking a bit to much. A while back I first saw Mechjeb creating its cfg files in this lateral alignment as apposed to the type vertical, with each line being horizontal. I have an incredibly hard time altering and changing the cfg files in this current trend of orientation. Is it easier for you guys to create the cfg files in this manner, or is it just a "fad" that is sweeping through the modding community? I am sure it has to have some intrinsic value but its killing my ability to quickly alter all the TONS of mods I constantly have on my current build.

Sorry, you lost me from the second sentence. What do you mean by lateral and vertical alignment of cfg files? It's a text file. The only way to read a text file is line by line...

I love the progress that is made. GJ modding this brilliant plugin! Only question that remains at the moment; does it still tend to duplicate ships? I want to run a long series of missions, but rather not see it break down half-way due to ships duplication themselves to oblivion.. :) I read it had been 'Significantly reduced', but I'm not sure that is as in ''Significant' tax decrease' or as in Significant tax increase'.

It doesn't *tend* to duplicate ships anymore, but a few people have reported it still happens. I think as long as you have a backup save, you should be fine.

Edited by Starstrider42

Sorry, you lost me from the second sentence. What do you mean by lateral and vertical alignment of cfg files? It's a text file. The only way to read a text file is line by line...

I found that some .cfg files when opened in notepad are devoid of any line breaks, leaving you with a solid wall of text. Opening the same file in wordpad put the spaces in correctly and gave a nicely formatted file.

I found that some .cfg files when opened in notepad are devoid of any line breaks, leaving you with a solid wall of text. Opening the same file in wordpad put the spaces in correctly and gave a nicely formatted file.

That's a specialty of windows. Linux based systems use the newline character to mark a new line. Windows uses carriage return + newline. So if you open a text file that was written on linux on a windows system, depending on the editor, the line breaks will not show. (Carriage return is from the old type writers)

Not been able to find anything regarding an issue I'm experiencing. I've installed remote tech 2, and carried on using my career save the problem is, in Career mode I can't for the life of me access the parts. I'm currently quite far into the science tech tree and I've got Field science, Advanced unmanned Tech aswell as Electronics researched and none of the parts are being listed in either Science or Utility tabs, however in Sandbox mode I'm able to access everything, I assumed I'd installed wrong however Sandbox shows I haven't.

Not been able to find anything regarding an issue I'm experiencing. I've installed remote tech 2, and carried on using my career save the problem is, in Career mode I can't for the life of me access the parts. I'm currently quite far into the science tech tree and I've got Field science, Advanced unmanned Tech aswell as Electronics researched and none of the parts are being listed in either Science or Utility tabs, however in Sandbox mode I'm able to access everything, I assumed I'd installed wrong however Sandbox shows I haven't.

It sounds like you most likely have not actually researched the parts. If you installed the add on and continued using an old save with tech nodes unlocked already, nothing in those nodes will be researched. You have to go to the research, click on the individual parts, and research them. Or get ResearchThemAll which will research all parts in nodes you've already researched each time you open the research window.

Is there any way to read the current satellite's omni range if I have

RangeModelType = Additive

MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 1

Because I have the feeling that the ranges don't just add up (my reach seems to be higher than that).

Additive means range between two stations is not the same as the range of either station.

For two stations A and B, where A has a lower range than B:

Let range_A = if(A has dish AND dish is pointed at B) then (dish) else sum(range of each omni on A, where the range of all but the longest-ranged is * multiplier)

Let range_B = the same for B.

Maximum range between A and B: range_A + sqrt(range_A * range_B)

You see why "the current satellite's omni range" is not actually a meaningful concept, since it's dependent on what you're trying to talk to.

Additive means range between two stations is not the same as the range of either station.

For two stations A and B, where A has a lower range than B:

Let range_A = if(A has dish AND dish is pointed at B) then (dish) else sum(range of each omni on A, where the range of all but the longest-ranged is * multiplier)

Let range_B = the same for B.

Maximum range between A and B: range_A + sqrt(range_A * range_B)

You see why "the current satellite's omni range" is not actually a meaningful concept, since it's dependent on what you're trying to talk to.

I see. Thank you, Nathan!

So is this a more realistic approach or does it just make life easier?

There appears to be a conflict with ActionGroupExtended. When I create an action for a communitron antenna it does not seem to work. other components work and I game I have without RT2 v1.4.0 comunitron actions work fine. So RT2 seems to have some kind of conflict with AGX.

It sounds like you most likely have not actually researched the parts. If you installed the add on and continued using an old save with tech nodes unlocked already, nothing in those nodes will be researched. You have to go to the research, click on the individual parts, and research them. Or get ResearchThemAll which will research all parts in nodes you've already researched each time you open the research window.

I've been back through my tech tree to every single stage and unfortunately I am unable to find or research the parts from the mod, it's just showing the parts that have already been researched or due to be researched.

17 days since 0.24.2 launched. That's 17 days I've been waiting for a return to KSP.

When will I be able to play with Remotetech 2 again? The game gives me little without it, and I see no reason to start over untill it's there.

Any information on a progress towards a Remotetech 2 compatible mod for version 0.24.2 x64?

17 days since 0.24.2 launched. That's 17 days I've been waiting for a return to KSP.

When will I be able to play with Remotetech 2 again? The game gives me little without it, and I see no reason to start over untill it's there.

Any information on a progress towards a Remotetech 2 compatible mod for version 0.24.2 x64?

They said with much luck and patience, it might happen this week.

So keep calm, they are working on it.

http://imgur.com/a/5K5Wz

For some reason all of my RT icons are pink squares.

Some things to try, from the last time this question came up (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/83305-Development-Resumed-RemoteTech-2?p=1332585&viewfull=1#post1332585):

• Make sure that you have exactly one copy of ModuleManager, that it's at least version 2.2.0, and that it's at the top level of GameData.
  • Reinstall RT2, making sure that all of the textures end up in GameData/RemoteTech2/Textures/.
  • Check any ATM or TextureReplacer configs that might be making RT2's textures unreadable.

Edited by undercoveryankee

????? I've been playing with RemoteTech under 64bit since long before .24. I'm playing it today under 24.2 without any issues whatsoever. It works perfectly under 64 (linux). I therefore suspect that any problems have more to do with windows builds than RemoteTech, pushing any real improvements back until Squad's next patch (a couple months).

Try build-47 from the RT2 git releases, it's the RC for v1.4.1