[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

I got it all working. It was stuff to do with the 64bit exe.

So I made a preliminary, 2-layer communications relay system...Unfortunately I didn't realize what I did until all of the satellites linked up. :S

KSP_x648-14-20142-11-28PM-110_zps9f5e9ba4.png

So...um...you might want to give your Mun bases some extra ordinance...Just in case.

9f5_zps47021090.gif

I got it all working. It was stuff to do with the 64bit exe.

So I made a preliminary, 2-layer communications relay system...Unfortunately I didn't realize what I did until all of the satellites linked up. :S

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/RyongVonKaiser/KSP_x648-14-20142-11-28PM-110_zps9f5e9ba4.png

So...um...you might want to give your Mun bases some extra ordinance...Just in case.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v239/RyongVonKaiser/9f5_zps47021090.gif

You've opened a com-channel . . . straight to HELL!

I'd like to report that using the build 47 prerelease the KSC ground station refuses to move when you adjust the longitude and latitude in the settings.cfg.

config file:

ActiveVesselGuid = 35b89a0d664c43c6bec8d0840afc97b2
SpeedOfLight = 3E+08
MapFilter = Omni, Dish, Path
EnableSignalDelay = False
RangeModelType = Standard
MultipleAntennaMultiplier = 0
ThrottleTimeWarp = True
DishConnectionColor = 0.9960784,0.7019608,0.03137255,1
OmniConnectionColor = 0.5529412,0.5176471,0.4078431,1
ActiveConnectionColor = 0.6588235,1,0.01568628,1
GroundStations
{
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc488
Name = Mission Control
latitude = 0
longitude = 0
Height = 26
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
STATION
{
Guid = 5105f5a9-d628-41c6-ad4b-21154e8fc494
Name = US - Cape Canaveral
latitude = 28.608389
longitude = -80.604333
Height = 260
Body = 1
Antennas
{
ANTENNA
{
Omni = 7.5E+07
}
}
}
}
ConsumptionMultiplier = 0.1RangeMultiplier = 10

Result in game:

XeTEebn.png

Just one ground station shows up, and its in the middle of the amazonian rainforest (which is the default, unadjusted position). I've tried with both a single station and multiple stations but remotetech just seems to fail to read the config.

Link to my output log. RT seems to be tossing out the occasional nullref as well.

Does Anyone have a mm config to get the B9 probes working with this?

Replace 'InsertB9PartNameHere' with the actual part name.

@PART[InsertB9PartNameHere]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}

MODULE
{
name = ModuleRTAntennaPassive
TechRequired = unmannedTech
OmniRange = 3000

TRANSMITTER
{
PacketInterval = 0.3
PacketSize = 2
PacketResourceCost = 15.0
}
}
}

Hello, I have an issue that come up recently. The remote tech parts exists in the tech tree and the RemoteTech icons can be seen in the map view but no RemoteTech parts show up in the VAB and the stock antennas that are there have no information about range or other RT features in their description.

I have tried reinstalling the mod but with no success. Anyone have an idea where my problem is?

EDIT: turned out to be a problem with ModuleManager.

Edited by Sparvy

I can't seem to get RemoteTech to work with my installation. I'm using a fresh install of KSP with Realism Overhaul (RO) in Windows 7. I've installed RO and all of the mods listed as "required", "very highly recommended" and "recommended" in the RO thread (forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84689). I've also installed Procedural Parts, Procedural Fairings and KW Rocketry. I'm using ModuleManager 2.2.2, the latest pre-release build of RemoteTech (49) and I'm getting the same problem in 32-bit and 64-bit KSP. I don't really see any glaring problems either when looking through the KSP logs.

The problem is that I'm essentially unable to establish any connection ever. If I create a minimal rocket with an RC-001S, a fuel tank, an engine, a Reflectron DP-10 and a launch clamp and go to the launch pad, RemoteTech shows "No connection." If I then try to perform any actions via the right click menus I get "No connection to send command on." At this point shouldn't I be connected via both the DP-10 AND the launch clamp? If I create a manned rocket, everything seems to work just fine (at least getting into orbit). Am I doing something wrong with RemoteTech? Or is this a bug? Any ideas how to fix it?

Hi guys

Some how this mod is not working.

When i place a deployeble dish on a sat it wont deploy. It seems to be locked.

liSCd9D.png

TlzEnP3.png

x1aB9qh.png

Latest version of Remote Tech 2 installed :)

Also did a reinstal of KSP, windows etc. Still the same error. Download site is: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases/tag/v1.4.0

Edited by chucknorris

Hi guys

http://i.imgur.com/liSCd9D.png

http://i.imgur.com/TlzEnP3.png

http://i.imgur.com/x1aB9qh.png

Also did a reinstal of KSP, windows etc. Still the same error. Download site is: https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases/tag/v1.4.0

Do you have ModuleManager. *.*.* installed ?

EDIT- Nice spot there WololoW

Edited by Mecripp2

Hi guys

http://i.imgur.com/liSCd9D.png

http://i.imgur.com/TlzEnP3.png

http://i.imgur.com/x1aB9qh.png

It looks like RT2 isnt loaded up for you for some reason. In the top left where your mission timer is, there should be more there showing RT2 stuff, like the flight computer.

Does KSC have a red dot over it when viewed in the tracking center or the map view? Does any other part of RT2 seem to be working?

Your computer/antivirus/antimalware decided to delete the Plugins folder that should be inside the Remote Tech2 folder. Without the plugin, nothing from RT2 will work.

Also, why are there folders inside your KSP folder that werent there when you installed KSP?( With the 50+ mods I use, I have never extracted any folder to a location outside of the GameData folder.

This is how my KSP folder looks (Note, this is the main directory, not the GameData folder)

3b29jzp.png

Edited by WololoW

Umm for some reason my recent probe has "Local Control" always activated ever since I deployed it from my KSO shuttle. Here is what it looks like.

iTUQ87n.png

znx4JR2.png

I've been using Remote tech for a VERY long time so I know that probes shouldn't have this status when there is no Kerbal on board to control it. I can control it even when I don't have line of site for some odd reason. I have KSO mechjeb attached to her... could that be the issue?

Edited by TeeGee

Umm for some reason my recent probe has "Local Control" always activated ever since I deployed it from my KSO shuttle. Here is what it looks like.

I noticed the Mechjeb tab on your screenshots. If I recall correctly, Mechjeb treats itself as local control, where RemoteTech is concerned. I know that when I've launched satellites, and when I put the MechJeb unit on the orbital insertion booster.. I get the full RemoteTech time delay functionality.

I noticed the Mechjeb tab on your screenshots. If I recall correctly, Mechjeb treats itself as local control, where RemoteTech is concerned. I know that when I've launched satellites, and when I put the MechJeb unit on the orbital insertion booster.. I get the full RemoteTech time delay functionality.

But I've never had that happen to me before.. I always attach mechjeb on my spacecraft for maneuver planning and whenever I pass out of communication lines of sight, my ability to control my craft disappears.

I have KSO mechjeb attached to her... could that be the issue?

I'm guessing the KSO mechjeb part isn't getting ModelSPU applied and is just working as a normal probe case. Try putting the following MM patch in a cfg:

@PART[<<replaceWithTheKSOMechJebPartName>>]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}
}

I'm guessing the KSO mechjeb part isn't getting ModelSPU applied and is just working as a normal probe case. Try putting the following MM patch in a cfg:

@PART[<<replaceWithTheKSOMechJebPartName>>]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModuleSPU
}
}

Where should I put this? Should I paste the code into the remotetech cfg or should it go somewhere else?

Just paste it into a new plain text file, save it as "somethingsomething.cfg" and put it in your RemoteTech folder.

Yeah it didn't work. I filled in the replacewiththe ksomechjebpartname with the actual part name and just pasted the rest of the text into a new cfg and put it into the remote tech folder and it still shows local control in the satellite.

EDIT: Interesting story. I decided that the satellite would be considered "DEFECTIVE" and needed repairing. So I sent up my Shuttle again (note, it takes 6 days to build the parts of my shuttle I discard aka the external fuel tank---yes I use stage recovery and build time. Which are the greatest mods ever IMHO). When the tank was built, I assembled my shuttle, put it on the launch pad and set off. I intercepted the satellite at about 75 km above kerbin, because I moved the satellite to a lower orbit under its own power (ion engine) for servicing. I moved to dock with it in the cargo hold, but noticed that the docking ports weren't grabbing eachother. Apparently the stock ports are incompatible with the KSO's. I kept trying to jam them together using both the shuttle RCS and satellite rcs but it didn't work. I had two options 1) Deorbit the satellite and watch it burn on reentry 2) Capture the satellite loosley in the cargo hold and hope she doesn't destroy the shuttle in the process. I chose the latter.

Note: I'm playing so that if I die, lose a spacecraft or kerbals, I can't restart. It's a rule I have after a legitimate launch. SO I'm about to do my deorbit burn using mechjeb (STUPID machine) and wait for the craft to exit warp in order to do the deorbit burn. LO AND BEHOLD the satellite magically floats THROUGH the walls of the shuttle and starts floating away from me during warp. I freak out and turn off mechjeb, not without cussing the .... out of it first, and engage manual. So here I am, punching rcs like a mad man trying to catch the satellite AGAIN in high altitude. So I catch it again and close the doors. TURN OFF WARP. Do a proper burn and wait.

THEN, I decide to empty my tanks by dumping some fuel before landing to save weight, and as soon as I open the fuel dump valves, my shuttle starts to flat spin slowly. I face palmed myself and realized that opening a fuel valve asymmetrically causes a force to act on the craft in an opposite direction (newtons 3rd law). She starts spinning faster and faster and here I am, IN REENTRY, trying to click on that damn nozzle that is spinning around like a pin wheel, threatening to kill everyone and ruin my mission. I turn on RCS to slow down the spin, FINALLY manage to click on the nozzle, and reorient the shuttle properly.

After reentry is over, I extend flaps, and glide in powerless onto one of the smoothest landings I have EVER done. I land soft, open airbrakes and stop the shuttle. Then I notice the shuttle starts tipping backwards onto her tail and rests on her rear main engines. I open the cargo doors and sitting in the corner, is the satellite, safe and sound, ready for repairs (take 1 or 2 days to fix).

This was one of the most amazing missions I have ever done. This game is truly amazing. Sorry for such a long post, but I had to mention this mission somewhere.

cYteZNI.png

Edited by TeeGee

Hello,

I'm trying to set up an interplanetary network with Remote Tech and I have some little things I don't understand and I'm working on that since almost a week ^^ Here the situation :

- I have 3 sats (60° triangle) on Kerbin GSO, and equipped with dishes M1 targeting the Mûn and Minmus

- On the two moons I have other sets of sats, with dishses targeting Kerbin. The connection works back and worth, everything's OK.

- On the edge of Kerbin's SoI (80.000 km) I have 2 sats (180° angle) with many dishes to reach every other planet of the system (with accordingly ranges)

The problem is, when I'm trying to set sats on, say, Duna, if I targeting my dishes on Kerbin I have no connection at all. But if I'm pointing my dishes directly on my two "external" sats, it works. I don't understand why it works targeting the moons / planet between Kerbin and its moons, and need to target my satellite directly when on another planet ?

OK, it's no big deal as I can make it work (but with one more dish, as I have two sats to be targeted), but I like to understand how things works ^^

Have you checked the cone diameter? For instance, on the closest approach between Kerbin and Duna the cone of a Communotron 88-88 just has a diameter of about 6.4e6 meters, therefore most of the time not reaching your sats at an orbit of 8e7 meters.

A list of parts included in RT2, listing cone opening angles, is available on GitHub.

Is anyone having any issues with deploying satellites from a manned craft?

The setup:

KSC -> high kerbin orbit sat(dish) -> manned vehicle(dish + omni) -> newly deployed commsat(omni)

as soon as i decouple the commsat i can fly and control it, however once i pass 2.5k away from manned craft i lose connection. It appears as though the manned craft isnt counted, or is blocking the signal as soon as it isnt physics loaded anymore. Thoughts?

Have you checked the cone diameter? For instance, on the closest approach between Kerbin and Duna the cone of a Communotron 88-88 just has a diameter of about 6.4e6 meters, therefore most of the time not reaching your sats at an orbit of 8e7 meters.

A list of parts included in RT2, listing cone opening angles, is available on GitHub.

Aaaaah, I didn't think AT ALL of the cones of the dishes ! It is certainly that ^^

Thank you, I'll work on that ;)

Do any of you have any tools for calculating the best insertion orbit for a single launch?

For instance, if I want to launch 4 sats at 2000km using one ship. I would orbit then raise my apoapsis to 2000km creating a nice elliptical orbit. Launching the first Sat is easy, but then if you want reasonably even spacing you have to warp and warp and warp till you get roughly the right setup.

I imagine that if you setup the launching ship's orbit in just such a way that when it gets back up to the apoapsis it would have perfect spacing.