[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

I have been having a strange bug with remotetech and MKS interactions. It appears if a ship has both a probe core and an MKS module which has had all the kerbals removed, the ship will remain under local control while there is nobody to control it and without any antennas on board.

It appears to be due to this in the part configs for MKS parts:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
minimumCrew = 0
RESOURCE
{
name=ElectricCharge
rate = 0.02777778
}
}

Increasing minimum crew to 1 obviously fixes the issue. Is there a way to edit it for all modules with a modulemanager cfg or is it an issue of manually changing it for ever part?

Edited by Spagoose

I have been having a strange bug with remotetech and MKS interactions. It appears if a ship has both a probe core and an MKS module which has had all the kerbals removed, the ship will remain under local control while there is nobody to control it and without any antennas on board.

It appears to be due to this in the part configs for MKS parts:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleCommand
minimumCrew = 0
RESOURCE
{
name=ElectricCharge
rate = 0.02777778
}
}

That's expected behavior for parts that have ModuleCommand and don't have RT2's ModuleSPU. All MKS parts are meant to have built-in probe cores to save on part count, but they need to have ModuleSPU added like any other mod probe core. I shared my ModuleManager patch on the MKS dev thread at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79588-0-24-2-USI-Kolonization-Systems-%28MKS-OKS%29-%280-20-6%29-2014-08-26?p=1370273&viewfull=1#post1370273 .

That's expected behavior for parts that have ModuleCommand and don't have RT2's ModuleSPU. All MKS parts are meant to have built-in probe cores to save on part count, but they need to have ModuleSPU added like any other mod probe core. I shared my ModuleManager patch on the MKS dev thread at http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/79588-0-24-2-USI-Kolonization-Systems-%28MKS-OKS%29-%280-20-6%29-2014-08-26?p=1370273&viewfull=1#post1370273 .

Ah thanks a lot, I didn't realise the MKS parts were mean't to have built-in probes.

64-bit has strange issues with research, might even be related to stock rather than RT.

Nope. I've been playing remotech for many months under 64 without ANY such issues. 64 is not the problem. That said, the WINDOWS 64-bit build is a hash. It's full of bugs. Remotetech nor any other mode can fix those.

With all of the activity in this thread and the github project. Does it look dead?

As the mod is not updated yet... over a month after the game was updated... yes I found it reasonable to ask.

No, there's been fairly recent discussion on the issues and pull requests in the Github repo. However, it seems that none of the pull requests have been merged into the repo yet, though. I did notice quite a few were on hold for a future release and not 1.4.1, but it appears that they have a fairly reasonable vision for 1.4.1 but haven't merged the code and released that update. IIRC, 1.4.1 should be a 0.24 compatible release.

Thank you for a good answer!

Should I fear that I need to start over my Career when the mod i finaly updated? Last time the mod was updated in my mid-game - all of my Satelittes went "Kaaabooom" >.<

As the mod is not updated yet... over a month after the game was updated... yes I found it reasonable to ask.

Thank you for a good answer!

Should I fear that I need to start over my Career when the mod i finaly updated? Last time the mod was updated in my mid-game - all of my Satelittes went "Kaaabooom" >.<

The 1.4.1 release candidates that I've been running have the same part and module names as the older versions. I don't expect anything save-breaking on the horizon.

Hi all,

Sorry for the long wait. Release 1.4.1 is now officially available at https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases/latest. This version is officially compatible with KSP 0.24, although those of you who have been using the dev builds shouldn't notice much of a difference.

Features:

• Compatible with KSP 0.24. Some part costs have changed.

Bug Fixes:

• Flight computer now slews much more accurately and efficiently.
  • Flight computer will now take RCS thrust into account when slewing.
  • Signal delay window is now sized properly for all Flight GUI settings.
  • Ships can now be renamed from the right-click menu at any time. Note that they can still be renamed from the tracking station.
  • Reverted 1.4.0 fix for electric charge consumption at higher time-warp factors (fix was causing electricity use to be underestimated).
  • Fixed conflicts with mods that depend on RemoteTech.
  • Reduced logging should cause less lag.

One fix that unfortunately didn't make it into this release was the incomplete research bug that shows up in 64-bit KSP. Peppie23 has a fix for it, but would like more time to test it, and we voted that we shouldn't let it hold up the release any longer. The research fix will be posted as soon as possible, possibly as a 1.4.2 version.

Version 1.5.0 will have some frequently requested features (e.g., customizable command requirements) and will hopefully be much more user-friendly than past RemoteTech versions. Sorry if we've been slow to respond to questions here, but all of us, myself included, haven't had as much time to devote to KSP as we would like. Rest assured the mod is not dead and we do appreciate your feedback.

Is it normal that everytime I try to make a probe with a Reflectron DP-10 it gets ripped off all the time, even at relatively low speeds (in or out of a fairing...). Didn't it used to resist to pressure?

Is it normal that everytime I try to make a probe with a Reflectron DP-10 it gets ripped off all the time, even at relatively low speeds (in or out of a fairing...). Didn't it used to resist to pressure?

If you use FAR it might be an aerodynamic failure and not a remote tech issue.

Unrelated Question: I use 1/10th RSS and was wondering how to change the KSC location

It's not normal. The DP-10 doesn't have aerodynamic limits in RT2, and I can reliably get to orbit with an exposed DP-10. You're not the first to report FAR unexpectedly taking one off, though. Information that would be helpful to diagnose would include:

• Speed and altitude where you lose the antenna, as accurately as you can. What you think of as "relatively low speeds" may not be what others think of as "relatively low".
  • Pictures of the rocket showing the exact location of the antenna that breaks off. If it's inside a fairing, include pictures both with and without the fairing.
  • Screenshot of the flight log (F3 key) immediately after the antenna breaks off, showing any log entries that mention the antenna.

I'mm loving this mod.

Just yesterday i lost my rover on the land because i forgot to set the brakes on before landing. That as in Ike, so, the delay don't let me save my rover.

rsrsrsrsrsrsrsr.

This part of the realism on communications is super!

Thank you Starstrider42

:D

here are screenshots in both cases, the antenna fell off less than a second before I took the screenshots.

and yes, it looks like FAR... the highest speed and altitude are in the screenshots of the flight log

https://imgur.com/a/sflM7

It's not normal. The DP-10 doesn't have aerodynamic limits in RT2, and I can reliably get to orbit with an exposed DP-10. You're not the first to report FAR unexpectedly taking one off, though. Information that would be helpful to diagnose would include:

• Speed and altitude where you lose the antenna, as accurately as you can. What you think of as "relatively low speeds" may not be what others think of as "relatively low".
  • Pictures of the rocket showing the exact location of the antenna that breaks off. If it's inside a fairing, include pictures both with and without the fairing.
  • Screenshot of the flight log (F3 key) immediately after the antenna breaks off, showing any log entries that mention the antenna.

Edited by oktav

here are screenshots in both cases, the antenna fell off less than a second before I took the screenshots.

and yes, it looks like FAR... the highest speed and altitude are in the screenshots of the flight log

https://imgur.com/a/sflM7

Yep, thats a FAR issue. Instead of having it sideways, try turning it vertically so that there is less drag on the part.

that was just an example :) I tried protecting it more or less adding stuff in front of it, but it's not always easy or nice to do. I will have to be more careful in the atmosphere, even thought they should be protected inside a fairing at least :s

A DP-10 will run without a fairing at those speeds if it's turned with its long axis parallel to the airflow.

As for it still blowing off when it's inside a fairing, my hypothesis is that the ends are clipping through the fairing and causing FAR to detect it as unshielded.

I've also seen reports that FAR doesn't detect the shape of the fairings right until you force it to recalculate by detaching something from the rocket (e.g. launch clamps). Does the version with the antenna in the fairing still lose the antenna if you add launch clamps?

I just started another fresh save with RemoteTech also added (going for more realism this time), and besides the big thanks for this mod, I have a small bug-report: pressing the button to hide all UI (which I usually do for screenshots), the interfaces connected to RemoteTech are not hidden (the open Flight Computer window on any screen, and the small grey satellite icon and the added UI elements in the bottom right corner in map view). Also one nice thing would be, if the window for the Flight Computer would remember its position instead of appearing every time at its default location. Minor things, but maybe for the next update, keep in mind ;)