[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

The Long Antenna used for the Communotron 32 model has changed names.

The reference is for "Squad/Parts/Utility/LongAntenna/model" which has changed in .25 to "Squad/Parts/Utility/commsDish16/model"

I've had some other things but I'm not on a fresh install right now (dishes seemed to have disappeared from inventory of .242 save but not from a fresh game).

For your new question, as far as I know the TRANSMITTER node is equivalent to the normal ModuleDataTransmitter, except for checking if there's a connection. Cilph told me at one point that the all-identical values were placeholders and that they weren't chosen for any particular reason, so you should be fine changing them.

That said, I did try custom values in my previous (0.23-0.23.5) career save. While they had the intended effect, I had a hard time getting something that was both plausible and balanced. I wish you better luck.

Awesome, yeah, I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is yet. Stock Rebalance has a progression to the stock antennas but I don't necessarily like the way it does it either so we'll see what happens. I might end up back at the same conclusion.

Anyone getting "RTlongantenna2" error with the update to 25?
The Long Antenna used for the Communotron 32 model has changed names.

The reference is for "Squad/Parts/Utility/LongAntenna/model" which has changed in .25 to "Squad/Parts/Utility/commsDish16/model"

I've had some other things but I'm not on a fresh install right now (dishes seemed to have disappeared from inventory of .242 save but not from a fresh game).

Cross Linking for fun an prophet, la♫

Thats funny AetherGoddess don't care who you are thats funny hehe.

That's not right. I care who you are, AetherGoddess, even if nobody else does.

That being said, can't wait for the next update to RT2 for .25. Glad to see it's being worked on. Keep up the good work, OP!

Edited by HavinAlmassi

Hi all,

We've just released version 1.5.0 of RemoteTech, in all its 0.25-compatible glory. Pick it up on KerbalStuff or GitHub.

One VERY IMPORTANT change: in this version we're changing the folder name to RemoteTech, and changing the internal organization of the folder as well. You must delete your RemoteTech2 folder before installing this mod. Seriously. We, the members of the Remote Technologies Group, will be Not Amusedâ„¢ if we get a bug report that turns out to be because you had two RemoteTech installs at once.

As usual, we didn't manage to push through all the fixes (or even most of the fixes) that I was hoping for in this release. However, Peppie23 and I have both been hard at work making improvements, so expect RT 1.5.1 to be much more user-friendly -- and to be coming much sooner than a month from now.

Hi all,

We've just released version 1.5.0 of RemoteTech, in all its 0.25-compatible glory. Pick it up on KerbalStuff or GitHub.

One VERY IMPORTANT change: in this version we're changing the folder name to RemoteTech, and changing the internal organization of the folder as well. You must delete your RemoteTech2 folder before installing this mod. Seriously. We, the members of the Remote Technologies Group, will be Not Amusedâ„¢ if we get a bug report that turns out to be because you had two RemoteTech installs at once.

As usual, we didn't manage to push through all the fixes (or even most of the fixes) that I was hoping for in this release. However, Peppie23 and I have both been hard at work making improvements, so expect RT 1.5.1 to be much more user-friendly -- and to be coming much sooner than a month from now.

Are there any changes to the module names/functions between 1.4.1 and 1.5?

No. Module names are all the same. The only name changes are renaming the folder to RemoteTech, renaming the plugin to RemoteTech.dll, and removing the Textures folder (texture assets are now stored in the DLL).

Ah, cool... Was wondering if I needed to go through my enormous config file that makes my modlist play nice with itself...

Request:

Can you guys provide more information in CONTRIBUTING.md about how to build RemoteTech from source? Things like what tools and libraries need to be installed, etc.

I would like to submit some pull requests, but naturally, that first requires being able to compile and test them first!

Request:

Can you guys provide more information in CONTRIBUTING.md about how to build RemoteTech from source? Things like what tools and libraries need to be installed, etc.

I would like to submit some pull requests, but naturally, that first requires being able to compile and test them first!

I don't think we have any requirements that are specific to RemoteTech. Have you tried looking at e.g. http://wiki.kerbalspaceprogram.com/wiki/Plugins? I use Xamarin myself and haven't run into any problems.

where file RemoteTech_Settings.cfg ?

how add ground stations antenas for Real Solar System v.8 (LaunchSites) ?

It will be created in the RemoteTech folder after you've started KSP once. Generic instructions for ground stations can be found at http://remotetechnologiesgroup.github.io/RemoteTech/modders/ground/; if you need RSS-specific information (like what coordinates to use) you're better off asking on the RSS thread.

Sad to say that I've encountered an error. With both FASA and RemoteTech installed I get the following error:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'FASA/Apollo/ApolloCSM/Apollo_SM_Dish/FASAApollo_SM_Dish'

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Found TRANSMITTER block.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/StandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

ArgumentException: The requested value was not found.
at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.ParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String vectorString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.ReadValue (System.Type fieldType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.ReadObject (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, Int32 pass, Boolean removeAfterUse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.Settings.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.RTSettings.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.ModuleRTAntenna.get_RangeMultiplier () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.ModuleRTAntenna.GetInfo () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader.ParsePart (.UrlConfig urlConfig, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at PartLoader+.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

RemoteTech: ModuleRTAntenna: Part Module FASAApollo.SM.Dish doesn't implement IScalarModule

ArgumentException: The requested value was not found.
at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.ParseEnum (System.Type enumType, System.String vectorString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.ReadValue (System.Type fieldType, System.String value) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.ReadObject (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node, Int32 pass, Boolean removeAfterUse) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at ConfigNode.LoadObjectFromConfig (System.Object obj, .ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.Settings.Load () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.RTSettings.get_Instance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.ModuleRTAntenna.get_RangeMultiplier () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.ModuleRTAntenna.get_Omni () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.ModuleRTAntenna.UpdateContext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.ModuleRTAntenna.SetState (Boolean state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.ModuleRTAntenna.OnStart (StartState state) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part.ModulesOnStart () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at Part+
.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The ArgumentException then gets spammed with no further loading progress.

Sad to say that I've encountered an error. With both FASA and RemoteTech installed I get the following error:

The ArgumentException then gets spammed with no further loading progress.

Hmm... well, I'm sorry to say that I can't reproduce the error with a KSP 0.25 + fresh RemoteTech 1.5.0 + fresh FASA 4.98 install. :( The FASAApollo_SM_Dish loads fine for me, and I don't have any trouble creating a ship and experimenting with the antennas on the pad.

Edited by Starstrider42

Hmm... well, I'm sorry to say that I can't reproduce the error with a KSP 0.25 + fresh RemoteTech 1.5.0 + fresh FASA 4.98 install. :( The FASAApollo_SM_Dish loads fine for me, and I don't have any trouble creating a ship and experimenting with the antennas on the pad.

Could it have something to do with using the RSS configs as well?

Tiny bug, sorry if already posted:

RemoteTech/RemoteTech_Tech_Node.cfg: model = Squad/Parts/Command/probeCoreSphere/model

While that is the name of the part, the file path is different. Should be:

Squad/Parts/Command/probeStackSphere/model