[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

I'm having problems setting up a satellite network with the actual build. Brought up a manned vessel with 4 sats to deploy.

After deploying the 1st satellite it all looks good - I can see the "connection lines" to KSC and commands are accepted.

After deploying the 2nd satellite I couldn't send commands on it, although it has active omni-antennas in range - but I can see the "lighter connection lines" that tell me the satellites, vessel and KSC have connection between each other, but the bright yeloow line for the current active connection is missing.

After restarting the game it would work for as long as the connection is not interrupted - after the interruption it looks ok but isn't working (see pics)

Hope this gives you an idea of what to fix in the current build :)

I can verify this issue existed in 0.25 as well, same RT version. I was building a 6-sat network in Keosynchronous orbit and dropping the 5th one. One of the satellites was right over KSC at the time. The connection worked up to three jumps but not to where my ship and current satellite being dropped were. All had their omnis on and solar panels out with sun coming into them. I had already dropped the satellite but couldn't adjust the trajectory to sync it up with Kerbin's rotation of course. Once the 5th was very far away from it's intended position it suddenly picked up the connection again with 4 jumps in the chain. I had to go a full 6 orbits more to get to the 5th one on the intended spot in the network, was the easiest way from there. All the other satellite drops went alright.

Has anyone had a "wobble" issue, where once a little ways from Kerbin (roughly Minmus), your probe will begin to wobble when its only on SAS? Once i give it a remote trajectory (like node or prograde) it stops. While not a big issue in orbit or transit to its target, its a very big problem when i'm trying to land because it throws my controlled retro burns way off.

I think I've found a bug with the most recent build (Build 164).

Anytime I EVA, there is a severe drop in performance with very low fps. This happens whether I have the vanilla game loaded or not, so it is not conflicting with any mods.

For now, anytime I want to EVA I just reload my game without the RemoteTech folder to remedy this bug. Is there any other information that may be useful in helping debug this issue?

noticed something strange in the 164 build, running .90. When i open up the target menu for a directional antenna, it spawns infinite copies of the same possible target satillite.

Two sats in space, open one sats target and I get:

Kerbin:

-Mission Control

-Untitled satallite

(wait 1 second)

-Untitled satallite

(wait 1 second)

-Untitled satallite

(wait 1 second)

-Untitled satallite

(wait 1 second)

-Untitled satallite

(wait 1 second)

etc...

I wonder if this mod is being updated. Starstrider hasn't posted anything on the forums since November, although there has been a couple commits (one a pull request that seems fairly large) in December. It would be awesome to hear from someone who is actively working on this project.

Venusgate, you just sparked a memory.

I had the same thing happen when I restarted my career game for 0.25. I was putting up a network of four satellites and I tried aiming my directional antennas after the first launch. I saw exactly what you were seeing. I reverted and tried again. Same thing. On the third try I just put all four satellites up then went to each and activated/targeted the directional antennas. Everything worked fine.

Perhaps when you only have one satellite up the software gets stuck in a loop looking for others when none are present?

Unsure, but I'd suggest launching two satellites before targeting the antennas.

I found a bug as well during EVA. The following log part occurs 400 times every second in ksp.log, making EVA's a bit annoying to perform due to extreme stutter.

[LOG 19:33:31.284] RemoteTech: Unexpected dish target: System.ArgumentException: Guid is neither a satellite nor a celestial body:

Parameter name: targetable

at RemoteTech.NetworkManager.GetPositionFromGuid (Guid targetable) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at RemoteTech.RangeModelExtensions.IsInFieldOfView (IAntenna dish, ISatellite target, ISatellite antennaSat) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The mods I have installed: FAR, DRE, RealChute, RemoteTech, ScanSat, Alarm Clock, Engineer.

It also occurs in the map view or the tracking station as long as a Kerbal is on EVA.

Edited by Pirke

Hi,

please do not use our pre-release versions like "build-1.6.0-x" these are builds from our feature branche. Here is the new release Version vor KSP 0.90

https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases/tag/v1.5.2

# Changelog

Version 1.5.2Released December 21, 2014

[h=2]Bug Fixes:[/h]

• Compatible with KSP 0.90
  • Flight computer now holds the orientation to non-root target part
  • Some minor bugfixes

Sorry for my late response.

@Pirke can you please try to reproduce your issue with this version.

I'll try. Is the 1.5.2 build forward compatible with my current 1.6.0 installation (after uninstall of course), or will it break my career save?

Edit: seems to work fine, bug no longer present!

Edited by Pirke

I updated and still get an uncontrollable "wobble" when i switch my unmanned craft to SAS without flight computer direction.

I've regain control of several of my satellites by disabling the torque on either the assistant SAS or the probe itself, I think the wobbling thing is some issue with the removal of the SAS on the spherical probe and it feels like the roll control of the assistants on Command and Control tab conflicts with the one build in on the probes, even when u use the round one

I updated and still get an uncontrollable "wobble" when i switch my unmanned craft to SAS without flight computer direction.

i'm having the same issue. the only way i can make it manageable is if i disable the sas torque. the probe core can stabilize by itself once the sas is disabled.

Thought I'd share this with the RemoteTech community - a nice view before Jebb starts his daily work servicing this RT cell tower 10km from KSC...

sihZkiV.jpg

And here He is thinking about the task ahead....

oeBKRnk.jpg

He's almost there!

DMQClde.jpg

Climbing....

rd6V3sl.jpg

Almost There!

ZDOC1gs.jpg

And finally a view of the cell tower:

E2xlz7z.jpg

Edited by Zatie12

Would you mind terribly to upload this release to kerbalstuff and mark it there as "0.90"? CKAN is set up to follow KS for RemoteTech :)

Or even better, change the CKAN entry to look at github instead of KerbalStuff. Github is authoritative, KS is just a mirror.

Edited by OminousPenguin

Hi,

please do not use our pre-release versions like "build-1.6.0-x" these are builds from our feature branche. Here is the new release Version vor KSP 0.90

https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases/tag/v1.5.2

# Changelog

Version 1.5.2Released December 21, 2014

[h=2]Bug Fixes:[/h]

• Compatible with KSP 0.90
  • Flight computer now holds the orientation to non-root target part
  • Some minor bugfixes

Sorry for my late response.

@Pirke can you please try to reproduce your issue with this version.

Thanks for the great work. You all make the game so much more enjoyable!!

Well, if this is the opinion of Starstrider as well... The thing is, KS gives us much richer metadata without needing human intervention...

"$vref" : "#/ckan/ksp-avc" can be used for the version.

The fact that the name, description, resources, install, depends, etc. isn't parsed from a file in the distributable (eg an expanded .version file) is IMO a bit of a mistake in the design of CKAN.

Obviously this would be simple to implement and entirely compatible with some mods still having everything defined in the ckan file.