[1.1] RemoteTech v1.6.10 [2016-04-12]

Peppie23

I cannot change my orientation on my satellites after local control is lost, I have connection to KSC and can use my engines, the orientation seems to be locked even with reaction wheels turning and engine gimbals. Any thoughts?

EDIT: Now it is completely screwed, all of my flights lose control and break apart upon loading now, not sure if it was Remote Tech which caused it but I uninstalled it anyways. :(

Can you turn SAS on? If not, you're probably using the fly computer, which blocks SAS and fight user inputs. A picture would help

Using 1.5.2 on 0.9 RemoteTech (latest and latest) works for a while then locks up on entry or exit of a building/flight. Reloading the game after the 'lockup' event still causes the same lockups. As does restarting the game. I had to remove the mod and load a save before the lockup event. Estimated 4 hours playtime from installation of mod to lockup event.

Ok, thanks. Too bad I dont have them researched.

Just an idea, but you might try using two antennas. With one antenna up and one down, you send the command to close one antenna and then send the command to open the other antenna. Also, I think you'll want to add your desired minute signal delay before issuing the second command.

What is the upper limit for Remote Tech and the auto-meshing around a planetary body? For example, if you have 10 around Kerbin and 10 around Minimus, and point them at the other planetary body it seems like that would end up in a lot of extra connections.

Or when you have a few dozen vessels with Comm-16s in Kerbin orbit.

Can you turn SAS on? If not, you're probably using the fly computer, which blocks SAS and fight user inputs. A picture would help

I have since deleted the flight, so no screenshot but I could throttle up with no input delay and in the flight computer window there were no commands being processed. Even in the manned capsule after I released the sats I could not control it with the kerbal.

I have since deleted the flight, so no screenshot but I could throttle up with no input delay and in the flight computer window there were no commands being processed. Even in the manned capsule after I released the sats I could not control it with the kerbal.

Weird. There were no commands but was there an attitude control? (looks like no command at first glance at the right of the window). Unless you asked the satellite to orient prograde, I don't have a clue. I did not play that much, and haven't tried the last version yet.

I've notified Startstrider42 to update the topic and also kerbalstuff

CKAN is pointed at the kerbalstuff release so it thinks RT is not compatible with .90 yet. Would you guys consider updating your NETKan file to point at your github releases so it can be updated by people other than starstrider? (If you have no idea what I am talking about would you be against me updating your NETKan file to point at your github release instead of kerbalstuff)

Edited by leftler

CKAN is pointed at the kerbalstuff release so it thinks RT is not compatible with .90 yet. Would you guys consider updating your NETKan file to point at your github releases so it can be updated by people other than starstrider? (If you have no idea what I am talking about would you be against me updating your NETKan file to point at your github release instead of kerbalstuff)

Hi leftler,

i've updated the NetKan file.

It's been a few days, so does anyone have any idea about "Using 1.5.2 on 0.9 RemoteTech (latest and latest) works for a while then locks up on entry or exit of a building/flight. Reloading the game after the 'lockup' event still causes the same lockups. As does restarting the game. I had to remove the mod and load a save before the lockup event. Estimated 4 hours playtime from installation of mod to lockup event."

Is there a workaround I can use? Any other mods that remotetech conflicts with I might have installed?

It's been a few days, so does anyone have any idea about "Using 1.5.2 on 0.9 RemoteTech (latest and latest) works for a while then locks up on entry or exit of a building/flight. Reloading the game after the 'lockup' event still causes the same lockups. As does restarting the game. I had to remove the mod and load a save before the lockup event. Estimated 4 hours playtime from installation of mod to lockup event."

Is there a workaround I can use? Any other mods that remotetech conflicts with I might have installed?

Are you sure that it's Remote Tech fault? There is a stock bug introduced in 0.90 that behaves exactly the way you described.

Are you sure that it's Remote Tech fault? There is a stock bug introduced in 0.90 that behaves exactly the way you described.

I get this bug! Sometimes it's a partial UI fail and lockout and sometimes worse. It's made me stop my space program and I just fiddle about in low orbit fiddling about every-so-often because the game has become unstable.

I had a stable modded install, added tac ls and remotetech yesterday and started a fresh hard game. I now get freezes on load screens - usually when going back to SC or switching vessels, looking at task manager shows that the ram grows during the freeze until it hits 3.6 GB and then locks up. During normal play it is 1.8 to 2.0 GB.

Edited by Berserker66

I had a stable modded install, added tac ls and remotetech yesterday and started a fresh hard game. I now get freezes on load screens - usually when going back to SC or switching vessels, looking at task manager shows that the ram grows during the freeze until it hits 3.6 GB and then locks up. During normal play it is 1.8 to 2.0 GB.

You're running out of memory.

Try installing Active Textures Management and see what happens. There are two versions, basic and aggressive. I use aggressive, but I've heard that the basic works well if you don't need the extra stuff. If you do use aggressive, the first time you run the game, it will appear to just sit for a long while. Just be patient, the mod is doing the initial compression of all the textures and it won't do that again.

You're running out of memory.

Try installing Active Textures Management and see what happens. There are two versions, basic and aggressive. I use aggressive, but I've heard that the basic works well if you don't need the extra stuff. If you do use aggressive, the first time you run the game, it will appear to just sit for a long while. Just be patient, the mod is doing the initial compression of all the textures and it won't do that again.

I am using AMT (and OpenGL). And as I said, its about 2GB during play.

Then as soon as it freezes I look over to task manager (yay 3 monitors) and see the ram use climbing from 2 GB to 3.6 GB and then it locks up.

Edited by Berserker66

I am using AMT (and OpenGL). And as I said, its about 2GB during play.

Then as soon as it freezes I look over to task manager (yay 3 monitors) and see the ram use climbing from 2 GB to 3.6 GB and then it locks up.

Have you tried uninstalling remote tech to see if that is the issue?

Any idea when Remote Tech will be supported in .90? I really love it in .25 and would love to be able to use it in .90.

It's been updated. See the quote below. Apparently Starstrider hasn't been around in a while so the OP can't be updated to reflect the latest version.

Hi,

please do not use our pre-release versions like "build-1.6.0-x" these are builds from our feature branche. Here is the new release Version vor KSP 0.90

https://github.com/RemoteTechnologiesGroup/RemoteTech/releases/tag/v1.5.2

# Changelog

Version 1.5.2Released December 21, 2014

Bug Fixes:

• Compatible with KSP 0.90
  • Flight computer now holds the orientation to non-root target part
  • Some minor bugfixes

Sorry for my late response.

Hi,

# Changelog

Version 1.5.2Released December 21, 2014

[h=2]Bug Fixes:[/h]

• Compatible with KSP 0.90
  • Flight computer now holds the orientation to non-root target part
  • Some minor bugfixes

There's still something wrong in 0.90. As soon as I drop RT into my install and I go to a vessel, the RCS fires and the vessel is ripped apart in spectacular fashion. This doesn't happen if I don't have RT installed, so it's got to be where the problem is. This is from a 0.25 save game, but the same thing happens in a new games started in 0.90. I can send you a copy of my save game if that will help you trace the cause of the problem.

I also am having spectacular vessel deconstruction, however I've found a possible work around. I don't know if this only works because I'm also using KCT, but I find that if I launch a vessel from the VAB as soon start KSP (I just simulate a mk1 command pod for 4.x funds) the vessel loads without de-constructing. From then on, I'm able to jump into vessels from map and tracking station.

TLDR: Load anything onto the launch pad FROM VAB, then revert. Should be able to jump to vessels after that.

EDIT: Also; someone in the MechJeb forum helped me pull this excerpt from my log file that is an error being thrown from RT. Any idea what I should do with/about it?

[COLOR=#333333]NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object[/COLOR]  at kOS.SteeringHelper.GetThrustTorque (.Part p, .Vessel vessel) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at kOS.SteeringHelper.GetTorque (.Vessel vessel, Single thrust) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at RemoteTech.FlightComputer.updatePIDParameters () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at RemoteTech.FlightComputer.OnFixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0   at RemoteTech.ModuleSPU.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
[COLOR=#333333](Filename: Line: -1)[/COLOR]

Edited by Errol